Sign in to follow this  
demonized

locking mission on test server for all exept creator name only

Is there a way i can set something in the init.sqf or somewhere that if player joining mission is not named Specific playername or maybe use playerid ******.

If not same name or id exit or end mission..

Reason why is i want to test my mission on server and make sure noone from my clan cannot sneak a peak on it until im completely satisfied with it, and its ready for use..

The obvious answer would be to either put a password on or just lock it if you are logged in as admin. Other than that you could use an onPlayerConnected command to check if UID is that of the player you want else kick.

The obvious answer would be to either put a password on or just lock it if you are logged in as admin. Other than that you could use an onPlayerConnected command to check if UID is that of the player you want else kick.

Lol yes, locking, trouble is mission will be there more than my time online and i cant remove it without having to wait awhile, maybe a day..

onPlayerConnected will do nicely i think.

thank you

Password would be a far better solution to your problem than a script checking UIDs. :)

If you did use onPlayerConnected they'd still download the mission only to get kicked off, so they'd have the mission and be able to view it locally. Password would prevent them from getting on the server in the first place.

yeah well its not life dependant, just wanted to make sure any curiosity would falter at first sight,, having a message saying "please wait, your not allowed to preview mission until its complete, mission will now terminate" if they really want to download take a sneak peak at it before i actually wanted them to, by all means, spoil your own surprise.

Server is btw passworded since its our mission server so its no publics who have acess, only members.

I just remembered that mission in oa at the mine, where you had to enter a correct code in the laptop else mine blows and mission is failure.. something like that would be perfect for me :)

Couldn't you just host your mission,and lock your host and test that way, I mean does your mission have to be on your server to test it out?

Couldn't you just host your mission,and lock your host and test that way, I mean does your mission have to be on your server to test it out?

Well from what someone tells me is that to fully test a missions functionality you have to have it on dedicated server, running it from home may show no problems, then once mission night with clan, scripts dont work because of dedicated server and differences when running scripts..

I have no clue really, i just took their word for it, im a new scripter, worked my way into MP scripts a month or 2 ago..

Ya I know what their saying, to host an mp mission the mission would work fine with scripts and stuff,

but dedicated server the mission gets all wacky on you if theres something wrong.

I'm a server admin myself, so I know how this goes, but in general if you build missions with scripts that you use often,

and know work then you dont need to test them, you still def want to test your mission to make sure things are where their supposed to be.

Only real problems I ever run into is stupid problems where I built a mission with a mod, and then try to play the mission without it,

and then get the you cannot edit or play this mission as it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted error

just dumb mistakes that you forget about.:rolleyes:

Guess youll have to lock the server then that be your best bet.

If you have any questions about mp missions then give me a shout, Im no expert,

but I have a few years under my belt for editing mp missions and many more for general editing, but Im still learning too:)

Much appreciated.

Only real problems I ever run into is stupid problems where I built a mission with a mod, and then try to play the mission without it,

and then get the you cannot edit or play this mission as it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted error

lol yeah i met that strange beast a little while ago, was editing my missions with a clean shortcut, but one night i apparently edited with my mods activated, (diff shortcut)

i got laptop wtf not installed and started pulling my hair out.... after some time and some research on forums, i found that it worked with my regular gaming shortcut, found item in mission replaced it and luckyli found the part in mission.sqm so i could delete it.

A little while there i was sure mission was lost.... and i had been putting it all in bit by bit after i found something new or usable for mission on forums.. had no chance to repro it easily..

Edited by Demonized