Sign in to follow this  
quincy

Error with map config i guess

when i play my map that i have built i cant climb ladders, i cant open doors, i cant interact with objects at all, does anyone know why

FYI, urban legend that you need to copy all configs to your project/working folder.

If you de-pbo all PBO's including the BIN, CORE, DTA etc etc as well as all the buildings and plants etc into P drive/CA, then UN-RAP all the config.bin files in CA, you should find (like I did) that ladders and doors will work fine.

Gnat;1807066']FYI' date=' urban legend that you need to copy all configs to your project/working folder.

[/quote']

Im starting to think almost all "rules" about working with Visitor is somewhat urban legend...

Seems to me different people will get entirely different results with the same configuration.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don´t... :o

Im starting to think almost all "rules" about working with Visitor is somewhat urban legend...

Seems to me different people will get entirely different results with the same configuration.

And if you just go ahead and accept that now, things will be much less painful for you. ;)

Seriously though, theres not really that much bad info I've run across from experienced guys around here. Granted, finding said info can be challenging at times.

+1 this time though, Gnat is correct.

My golden rule is, unpack everything. Things seem to work better when you do that.

Should ye wish to pursue the urban legend this will enhance thy journey: (place in text editor, save as whatever.bat)

xcopy *.cpp P:\yourWorkSpace\ca\ /S /Y

Gnat;1807066']FYI' date=' urban legend that you need to copy all configs to your project/working folder.

If you de-pbo all PBO's including the BIN, CORE, DTA etc etc as well as all the buildings and plants etc into P drive/CA, then UN-RAP all the config.bin files in CA, you should find (like I did) that ladders and doors will work fine.[/quote']

unrap how

Gnat;1811579']Unrap is a tool' date=' by Kegety, a search would have told you that.[/quote']

can u link me to the tool you use because mine sucks.. please

ok cool i converted a the buildings 2 config bin into cpp now were in my project do i put the converted config

My point was: You dont need to copy the cpp files anywhere at all, if youve done as suggested.