Sign in to follow this  
hotzenplotz

bridgework on Visitor

Hello, i have a Question about Bridge. Gives a trick to it the Bridge simpler to set? and how does it work , thats the KI walk over the Bridge.

Greez Hotze

Hi Hotzenplotz...

The only way i know is to place the bridge in visitor, the go to buldozer, rmb down. Then you can move with the arrowkeys or adjust the height with Pageup/down. If you want to adjust height in finetuning go back to visitor and change the height in small steps.

Thats all i know about it...

Jo thanks for your answere, that's what I figured,a great pity. So be it. had hoped it gives a quicker way Greez Hotze

Edited by Hotzenplotz

Place all bridge objects with the correct alignment without bother about height.

You can do this also in a perfect plain area (where all objects are aligned one near the other at the same height) then move them to their final destination without bothering about the different altitude assigned to pieces near river borders (i suggest to make the bridge 1 unit longer by each side too, to be removed later)

When the structure appears oriented correctly select the entire block and use the script "SET ABSOLUTE HEIGHT" to place piaces at the same level.

Many Thanks, i am testing.

It works very good, thanks again.

Edited by Hotzenplotz

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but my interests belong to bridges, as i guess it will be the next part on my test terrain to learn.

So what is the reason , AI cant use bridges or is doing very hard to use it?

I think i can remember it on Podagorsk .... maybe Namalsk?

Nevertheless i read about it several times, so is there anything we have to take care, that AI can use bridges?

Edited by Nephris1

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but my interstsalos belong to bridges, as i guess it will be the next part on my test terrain to learn.

So what is the reason about AI, that cant use bridges or doing very hard to use it?

I think i can remember it on Podagorsk .... maybe Namalsk?

Nevertheless i reade about it several times, so is there anything we have to take care, that AI can use bridges?

Hallo, yes this is a problem. I´ve tried streets underneath enforce, also does not work(invisible streets). I would also be interested in the views

Could be similar related to problems people have with ladders and doors?

If the config of the bridge is not inherited properly, the paths may not work?

Do the same bridges work in ANY other terrains, including BIS terrain?

To be honest i havent tested it until now.

But as u mention the ladders...yes, i got that probem too....

Visitor user = pain stacker ....:D

Best I can tell they work fine. Working fine to include usuable by AI, and I don't have any flying/jumping/falling related issues.

If your ladders are not working, I'll take a stab at guessing you haven't completely unpacked your arma2 stuff correctly. Not a biggie, it can be a confusing process depending on how much stuff you read.

Worth reading:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1796646&postcount=4

Additional notes to that... don't run it with BAF/PMC mods in your arma2 root. (move them aside, as extractpbo will fail on unknown headers, and bork you halfway thru) This is how I setup my P:\, fairly painless really. ;)

Best I can tell they work fine. Working fine to include usuable by AI, and I don't have any flying/jumping/falling related issues.

If your ladders are not working, I'll take a stab at guessing you haven't completely unpacked your arma2 stuff correctly. Not a biggie, it can be a confusing process depending on how much stuff you read.

Worth reading:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1796646&postcount=4

Additional notes to that... don't run it with BAF/PMC mods in your arma2 root. (move them aside, as extractpbo will fail on unknown headers, and bork you halfway thru) This is how I setup my P:\, fairly painless really. ;)

Hello, however, now I do not know yet how ki runs through the bridge.

if somebody can help me there.:)

Hello, however, now I do not know yet how ki runs through the bridge.

if somebody can help me there.:)

I'm having a trouble understanding the question, want to help

Can you explain it a little more for the damn american? :p

lol , thats my Google translator , sorry. I only want to know how to get the ai over the bridges.They all hold at the bridge and say ( i can,t get there). Who knows why?

Well, I'm far from an expert with the roads/bridges anything. But, my assumption so far in playing around is that the AI need to cleary see a path (roadway) to travel on.

So it's important that your road network be setup correctly, and I have used invisible road pieces to basically create smoother transitions between the roads and bridge "roadway" surfaces.

Honesetly don't know if it's correct in practice. But my AI would cross the bridge. :D

Also important to keep it all level, use absolute heights. About all I know.

Edited by Gnome_AS

If its still not working, post pictures of both a) bridge-road bits laid in Visitor b) couple pics of Buldozer view of bridge-road bits c) couple pics of ingame

Hey there, my experience with bridges is. That you need them to be the same level as the road is, well almost :) Place the bridge piece slightly over the road to make AI get on it. Works fairly good. However there might still be some problems. I can only guess on some problems but i think bugs occur when the bridge is to far inland. AI will run underneath it then for example. I tried to fix that with rocks beside the bridge, but that can cause a collision bug that makes cars bump when driving over the bridge even if the rocks are far under the bridge...

Hope this helps somehow :)

Hey mate, as i just fixed the bridges on ovaron i can give you this advice. Read what i wrote in my last post and make sure the bridge is very close to water and dont use invisible roads under the bridge! Besides that, if you cant get it to work you can send me your unbinarized island and i make the bridges for you if you like and send it back to you.

Thats great Idea Commander, will try it again, does not work , will send you the unbinarized island. many thx.

Merry Christmas all

Greez Hotze