Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Looking for some mods

Hey,

I have recently ordered Arma and I will soon (probably tomorrow) be able to lay my hands on it.

However I got some questions.

1. What is the latest patch for arma? And can I update from the first version directly to this one?

2. Is there any mod out that that replace the robotic voices that are used in arma to a more realistic one?

3. What's the most realistic sound mod for arma (weapon sounds, explosions, vechicles etc)

4. How does the cold war rearmed mod work? Does it replace Sarhani? Or will I still be able to play the orginal campaign?

5. Does Cold war rearmed include all the campaign missions from the orginal OFP. And finally.. is it worth to download the mod?

Hello, and welcome.

1. What is the latest patch for arma? And can I update from the first version directly to this one?

Latest is 1.18. No you wont be able to go from the stock version to the latest, there will be a few patches.

I beleive it goes 1.05, 1.08. 1.14, then 1.18:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma_files_patches_official

2. Is there any mod out that that replace the robotic voices that are used in arma to a more realistic one?

Not really, this is the list of all the sound mods for Arma:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma_files_addons_soundmods

3. What's the most realistic sound mod for arma (weapon sounds, explosions, vechicles etc)

Sound is personal taste, but since you havent tried any of them yet, I can point you in a general direction but

from their you really need to decide what you like hearing.

Personally I found this to be the best:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3051

4. How does the cold war rearmed mod work? Does it replace Sarhani? Or will I still be able to play the orginal campaign?

It is a conversion mod it will not replace the original islands, you still can play the stock campaigns.

The mod just adds OFP islands, and campaigns as well as missions and such, highly reccomend it.

5. Does Cold war rearmed include all the campaign missions from the orginal OFP. And finally..

is it worth to download the mod?

Yes it should, it is worth the download, it is very Nostaligic mod, like seeing OFP upgraded!

Looks very promising. It was ages ago since I played OFP. Truth is, I don't remember so much about the game. However, when I am talking about sound mods It's kinda hard to make a decision.

I don't care about personal taste. What I want is realism. Problem is that I've never fired a gun.. or heard a granade go off so I don't know what too look for. But I will for sure remember the mod you posted thanks.

Please use the dedicated addon request thread for questions like this in the future.