Sign in to follow this  
SB Interactive

Through OpFor Eyes (TOE) Release Thread

Hello, I am beginning a mission series called Through OpFor Eyes, or TOE for short. Pretty much, what it does is take the BIS missions and flips who your playing as. For example, in this first mission, instead of playing as a Marine trying to take over the Island of Utes, you play as a ChDKZ squad leader trying to push the Marines back off of it. I am NOT simply copy and pasting the BIS missions and substituting characters though, these missions are unique and I spend a considerable amount of time on each one to make it feel like you are not playing the same mission over again. If the missions are successful, I will make it my project to do the same thing to the whole Harvest Red campaign. Due to significant improvements in gameplay, most missions will require OA and A2. So without further ado:

ALL MISSIONS I RECOMEND JTD FIRE AND SMOKE AND GL4, BUT THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED

01: Trial By Fire (TOE): SP/CO-10 You are a ChDKZ squad leader trying to take back the island of Utes.

Download:

Megaupload

Armaholic

Known Bugs:

*If you do not blow up the Huey when you shoot it down, the mission will not continue.

*If the Huey destroys a helicopter behind your base the mission will not continue.

*Where you are supposed to go is not always clear, objective markers don't always show up. Consult your briefing thoroughly, and it will be obvious what to do. I am working on this sorry.

Hints:

*You start with an Igla, there is a Zeus on the base, and there are Stingers and RPGs in the Crates. Use these to destroy the Huey.

*There is a Mortar at the Mortar Pit. Use it.

02: Eye for an Eye (TOE): SP/CO-10 Show the ChDKZ how it is done, crush the uprising in Stary Sobor.

Download:

Megaupload

Armaholic

No known Bugs

No hints: this one is pretty straight forward

03: Counterattack (TOE): SP/CO-10 Capture Elektrodavsk

Download:

Megaupload

Armaholic **ARMAHOLIC OUTDATED BY 1 UPDATE**

No known Bugs

04: Village Sweep (TOE): SP/CO-10 Capture Grishino

Download:

Megaupload

No known Bugs

Feedback and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism are both very welcome. Thank you.

Edited by SB Interactive

Sounds like a very interesting concept. I'll try to make time to dl today and try it out. Appreciate the efforts of the dedicated mission makers like you. Thanks!

awesome idea, there definitely is not enough missions from the Opfor point of view :cool:

Killing Razor Team in Manhattan would be loads of fun. You could track them down in their Humvee or LAV as they drove from objective to objective, while hiding from the UAV that calls the Cobras if it sees you.

Okay, due to the positive reception so far (although i haven't heard about the mission itself yet), I am going to make more.

Okay, due to the positive reception so far (although i haven't heard about the mission itself yet), I am going to make more.

Cool idea, Please do, one minor issue with the start of the mission some units spawned on the roof and died stepping off..

This is a great idea!

I've tried this first mission about 10 times. As Katipo66 says, every time two of my guys spawned on the roof and got injured while stepping off. I have no medic in my team and there is no healing facility at the base. This makes it so almost 1/4 of my force is gimped from the start due to a bug. I'd rather wait for one of the issues to be corrected (either the roof or the healing problems) before I continue.

Thank you for the report. I have both fixed the roof thing AND added a medic to your squad. Download from the Megaupload link!!!

Well, that was a very enjoyable experience. Thanks for the mission, can't wait for more.

The fix worked, but did you do something to the chopper too? During my 10 tries with the previous versions, I managed to kill the chopper every time, and was only losing the men who were spawning on the roof. My first try with the new version started with me hitting the chooper a little late, and its burning carcass falling ontop of my men, 4 killed. It was better when only two were falling from the roof ;). OK, I restart, and then again and again fail to kill the chopper in time, before it unleashes the power of its rockets, killing ALL my men. It did that about 4 times before I managed to kill it properly. It never fired its rockets before the roof fix.

Another thing, I think I liberated the airfield, but could not manage to trigger the "task complete" trigger. I ran around the field with all my men to no avail. Then I assaulted the city, killed everyone in it, and triggered the end of the scenario, with "seize airfield" grey, and "seize city" green. There were no map markers for the objectives, so I assume that to trigger stuff I have to kill everyone around, but one of the defenders probably got stuck inside a building or ran away too far.

Anyway, these are minor issues, thanks for a scenario well done.

Thank you for the positive feedback. Hmmm strange, i didin't touch the heli at all, i will look into it.

For the second mission, prepare to take to the skies

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

okay guys here is the fix, hopefully the last one. The helicopter's route is improved to make it cooler, and its now based more on skill than luck how many men it kills before you shoot it down. Added task location markers to make it more obvious what to do. Made your ride from the airfield a bit more reliable, but no promises :D , added 2 more mortars to the mortar pit, and more marines to the airfield. added a secret ambush location if you are going on foot to the village instead of by helicopter. Enabled teamswitch. Made CoOp compatible. And i think that is about it. :yay: enjoy

For the second mission, prepare to take to the skie

Oh noes, I hate flying, I think I'll "endmission" this one, like I endmission the ones in the official campaigns.

Or, unlike BIS, don't force people to do unnatural things in an infantry simulator. Don't force people to fly in one single slot (or be a gunner in an SUV driven by stupid AI). If you MUST make a mission that takes place in the air, open all the slots, so I can "pass it" by commanding and not actually flying. I suppose you may want to string these missions together into a campaign later on - a hint I got from the name of your first mission: "01: something" - then please give an option to non-flyers to still go to the next mission.

hmmmm..... ill think on it, i think i may be able to go without the flying i suppose. Yes, no flying. These are not going to be strung together in a campaign, that is simply the way they appear on the scenarios things for the official bis ones, and i wanted to copy the name exactly except put the (TOE) tag at the end. however, if all goes well, i will make a Harvest Red (TOE) which will be a campaign

Thank you for all your feed back neo.

I may have mission 02 by the end of the night, but no promises: i don't want to rush it.

Major Updates:

01: Trial By Fire (TOE)

* Random Typos Fixed

* Ambient Civies, Animals, and Vehicles added

02: Eye for an Eye (TOE)

* Briefing is working, it was always there, but i had an error in the scripts, sorry

* Ambient Civies, Animals, and Vehicles added

03: CounterAttack (TOE)

* Added. This is probably my favorite mission Ive made so far if i do say so myself :D

Enjoy :bounce3:

Edit: Anyone know how to delete my previous posts? They are really annoying, and i keep accidently hitting the reply button instead of the edit button. :/

Hey. Make Arrowhead or DLC missions to playable to opfor

I plan on it, for my super secret, soon not to be so super secret mission playlist:

Arma 2 Scenarios

Harvest Red

OA Scenarios

OA Camp

BAF Scenarios

Crimsom lance

PMC Scenarios

Black Gauntlet

If I'm bored after all that, I may do EW, Im thinking though Ima start porting A1 Missions over and then TOEing them. If I do, i will release both the port and the TOE conversion. I started with Arma 2 because Chernarus is a beautiful A** map that has been mistreated and abused, and one of my goals was to prove that it was still a pretty fun map to play on.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**************************************************************************************************************************************

I have updated all missions now to give you that satisfying little green light when you finish them. And I remembered to hit the edit button this time !!!!

AND MISSION 03 COULD NOT BE FINISHED BEFORE THIS BECAUSE I WAS BEING ABSENT MINDED AND FORGOT TO ADD THE ENDMISSION TRIGGER :icon_redface:

Edited by SB Interactive

Could you kindly get these on Armaholic?

I cannot get Magaupload in my part of the world.

Thanks!

this is a wonderful idea i'll have to try this. i always love playing as the chdkz. they are easily my favorite faction in the ofp / arma series.

@Kommiecat: Armaholic updated. Thank you Big. I will leave the Armaholics up this time because their shouldn't be any major updates in the missions, but I normally take them off when they become outdated.

@Binkowski: Thanks. Just so you know though, Mission 1: ChDKZ, Mission 2: Russia, Mission 3: CDF, Mission 4 will be ChDKZ again. Mission 5: ChDKZ, Mission 6 USA, Mission 7: Russia

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*********************************************************************************************************

Mission 04: Village Sweep (TOE) added

Edited by SB Interactive

Hey, you are making them faster than I can play them! :)

Anyway, played mission 2, it was easy, didn't even dismount, drove around the village and left the gunner do his thing. This doesn' mean you need to lake it harder, an short and easy mission, without a single reload, is a nice change.

Then mission 3. Ah, good old Elektrozavodsk, how I hate thee. My i7-920/6GB/GTX-480 system runs thee at around 11-17 fps, while other maps run at 60+. Nice big battle, I wish I knew of a mission with such a huge battle the farthest away from EZ as possible :). Small problem. Blues were everywhere in the city, we effectively took the city, but probably because of an enemy cowering behind a trashcan the capture did not register.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Also, you may want to put the links to download the missions out of the spoiler tags.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

And another thing: can you please let the player choose his gear? Whether it's at the briefing map or a suspension of disbelief breaking crate at the insertion point, I don't care, as long as I can try the mission many times with different gear. Faction appropriate gear would be better. It's not like BIS made it easy for people to do a simple task like exchanging your AK for your #2's RPK in less than 5 minutes.

Im glad you enjoyed, I tried to mix in some easy ones with the hard ones :) . One of the reasons I suggest GL4 is because not only does it have good special fx and ai behaviors, but it tells you a general location of units without giving them away making it easier to complete missions that require all the enemies to be killed.

Yeah, the spoiler tags were a bad idea, i was just trying something new.

Ill see about letting you choose from the briefing what gear you have in the next update.

I finished doing the menu gear for the first mission, but its a pain in the A** and my real love is in mission making. I will still make them for all the upcoming missions, but i update the older missions with the menu gear selections one release at a time if that makes sense. I thought it would be quick, and I am sure when I get used to it it will be, but for now, this

OnLoadMission = "Trial By Fire (TOE)";
doneKeys[]={"01: Trial By Fire (TOE)"};

class Weapons 
{
class AK_74 {count = 10;};
class AK_74_GL {count = 10;};
class AK_47_M {count = 10;};
class AK_47_S {count = 10;};
class AKS_74_kobra {count = 10;};
class AKS_74_pso {count = 10;};
class AKS_74_U {count = 10;};
class PK {count = 10;};
class RPK_74 {count = 10;};
class SVD {count = 10;};
class SVD_CAMO {count = 10;};
class Makarov {count = 10;};
class Igla {count = 10;};
class RPG7V {count = 10;};
class Stinger {count = 10;};
class Strela {count = 10;};
class HandGrenade_East {count = 30;};
class SmokeShell {count = 30;};
class SmokeShellRed {count = 30;};
class SmokeShellYellow {count = 30;};
class Binocular {count = 10;};
};

class Magazines 
{
class 30Rnd_545x39_AK {count = 120;};
class 30Rnd_762x39_AK47 {count = 120;};
class 30Rnd_545x39_AK {count = 120;};
class 1Rnd_HE_GP25 {count = 120;};
class 1Rnd_SMOKE_GP25 {count = 120;};
class 1Rnd_SMOKERED_GP25 {count = 120;};
class 1Rnd_SMOKEYELLOW_GP25 {count = 120;};
class 100Rnd_762x54_PK {count = 120;};
class 75Rnd_545x39_RPK {count = 120;};
class 10Rnd_762x54_SVD {count = 120;};
class 8Rnd_9x18_Makarov {count = 120;};
class Igla {count = 30;};
class PG7V {count = 30;};
class Stinger {count = 30;};
class Strela {count = 30;};
};

is not what i consider quick. They will be in all future missions though, and the older missions will all have kit selection options within the next week or so.

Counterattack updated so little green ticker actually appears upon mission completion.

And for neofit and anyone else having trouble finishing Counterattack, and they have seemingly cleared the city and the game has autosaved twice:

Look at the harbor where it does sort of an L, that is where the guy has like to hide from me in the past.

I would also like to officially announce that I do plan on making a harvest red toe campaign.

Edited by SB Interactive

sorry, it will be a little while before you get an update in this series, but believe me it will be worth it. I am working on a campaign for Tropico right now, I am going in for surgery, have a shit ton of school work to do so I don't fall too far behind, and am working on something that would be tacky to state on these forums <<we can all read between the lines on the last one can't we :), anyway, I am not discontinuing support on this series at all, it is just that no NEW missions will be coming out for a little while.