Sign in to follow this  
R-A-M-B-O

POLL: Should BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE develop for Mac OS too?

Should BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE develop for Mac OS too?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE develop for Mac OS too?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm already playing it on PC but I do have access to a Mac on which I'd love to try it.

I hate Macs. They are terrible. Voted HELL NO.

First BIS need to learn what User Experience means.

I don't see much of a market there. Although, this might change in the years ahead as Apple's market share increases. However, currently Apple seems to have little or no interest in having Mac OS as a gaming platform, aside from iPad/iPhone/iTouch, of course. Perhaps that might change in the future, but I doubt this will happen in the next 5 years, mainly because of the current focus on portable units like iPad and iPhone.

On BI's side, if they are going to develop something for Mac OS, it needs to be developed in OpenGL (which, BI currently does not use in their games.) Whether or not this will change after the acquisition of Black Element, Altar Games and Centauri Prod. is beyond anyone's guess. Anyone with some knowledge of Black Element, Altar Games and Centauri Prod. engines might give you a better answer on that.

I do have my doubts about that future ArmA games (if there are such) will use OpenGL though. Mainly because the Real Virtuality has been in development for such a long time. Although there might be the possibility that the engine used for Carrier Command: Gaea Mission might be OpenGL, even though I can't tell what API they really are using or whether or not this is a new gen. of Real Virtuality. Thus, making it probable it uses DirectX.

I voted No, I detest those overpriced pieces of shit. Don't have one, don't want one. My pc components are better, didn't cost the earth and don't tie Me down.

I would however like if BIS developed a linux version, then I'd have an excuse to drop Windows and be completely free

+1 on linux!!:)

A person who buys a Mac is more interested in working than in gaming. Obsolete discussion.

This is incorrect, because:

Apple computers, in all their forms, are for unemployed people.

Read one of my signature banners

I am sure your troll post is very representative for the subject...

I sometimes wonder where you people come from? A cave? and is it big enough to fit all of you? :rolleyes:

I am sure your troll post is very representative for the subject...

I sometimes wonder where you people come from? A cave? and is it big enough to fit all of you? :rolleyes:

You did say the word "Troll", And I take it you are calling me a troll.

This is a troll - "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Your reply is the last thing that a troll equation will need . While my last post is simply saying that I hate mac's. How about just keeping your fingers of the keyboard PuFu, and Keep your smart a$$ remarks to yourself.

Edited by Haystack15

Read one of my signature banners

Real smart. This is why we can't have nice things

Real smart. This is why we can't have nice things

You can still have nice thing's, Just not ARMA II on a mac :p

Your reply is the last thing that a troll equation will need . While my last post is simply saying that I hate mac's. How about just keeping your fingers of the keyboard PuFu, and Keep your smart a$$ remarks to yourself.

You need to own a mac, or have some experience with one to make up your mind first of all. I doubt you meet either criteria.

I see a lot of lads such as yourself who "hate" something just because of it, and more so, they make useless post on the web about it:

1. You wouldn't be affected either way if a MAC version of A2/OA or future BIS title would be made. Even better, if was ported on OpenGL, you would have a high chance of being able to play it on Linux just as well.

2. The purpose of this thread has nothing to do with your own feelings, or anyone else for that matter regarding Apple, MACs or anything alike.

3. I understand you wouldn't want BIS to develop for OS. You have not given a reason to the threads question, or given any reasons besides your own subjective preference.

And you got the nerve to call me a troll?

PS: this was posted from my MacBook Pro. Hate me for it...

Edited by PuFu

Reading your posts, maybe you aren't a troll. You should stop posting before you further demonstrate your ignorance

You need to own a mac, or have some experience with one to make up your mind first of all. I doubt you meet either criteria.

Don't put out cards that you don't know how to use. I Have Used A Mac Before my friend. Reason why I hate Mac's or Apple in general is because What they think. They feel that "computers should be easier to use", when the problems that everything is easy you just need knowledge on how to use it.

The purpose of this thread has nothing to do with your own feelings, or anyone else for that matter regarding Apple, MACs or anything alike.

Yes True, but this is a poll therefor when people vote they will say the reason why they pick that answer. I've Pick no because I dislike mac's. I Voted and Displayed my answer.

Now only if you wouldn't have said anything, We could of just kept this going without any fires.

Reading your posts' date=' maybe you aren't a troll. You should stop posting before you further demonstrate your ignorance[/quote']

If only you two would of just red my comment or reason and say "oh ok then" and move on then we would not be here. I'll go head and say that my first comment was stupid but PuFu's comment wasn't needed as well. But fox your second comment wasn't needed as well.

Both my first and 3rd post wasn't meant to target anyone and start anything. But on my 3rd post I said "You can still have nice thing's, Just not ARMA II on a mac", you took that the wrong way and said something that wasn't needed.

Edited by Haystack15

I can't???? :confused:

I've been living a lie for nearly 2 years then, oh well.

Yay for the Ignore List, haters gonna hate.

Maybe you should be more accepting? Not every Mac user wishes things were simplistic, and there's no accounting for tastes. I don't go around talking shit about Windows just because I prefer OSX.

Edited by AnimalMother92

As long as directx has much better performance compared to opengl I'd say dont bother. A friend of mine has a macbook pro and he boots to windows to play starcraft 2.

As long as directx has much better performance compared to opengl

it doesn't

No, the community for military simulator games as advanced as ArmA is very small on PC's. I'm assuming that the community is even smaller on Mac's. BIS would put too much effort into creating ArmA for Mac, and would get very little profit from it.