Sign in to follow this  
AussieSausage

Can you no longer lock onto targets as pilots?

Hey guys.

Well i've been looking, and i've found lots and lots of diffrent results.

Can you no longer lock onto targets with Hellfires as a pilot ( manual fire )?

Some say it was a change in OA. Some say its ACE. Some say its a problem my end. All i know is i can't lock onto targets as pilot no more.

Anyone know? Please let me know.

Its mostly Multiplayer that is bugging me. In SP you can easily enough get a AI gunner, where in MP you usually can't if your by yourself in a server.

Or is there is a team on the ground, they report a Tank or something. You cant do nothing unless you have a gunner, so your left sitting there with 4 hellfires while your buddies are getting owned.

How do i vote? do i need to sign up?

You need to have a AI gunner present in the chopper/aircraft.

Switch to Manual fire with him there.

Also vote for it in CIT if u find it annoying

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12299#change-60002

No one knows if this is a feature or bug, need BIS to reply

was wondering same thing... :)

How do i vote? do i need to sign up?
Yep, it's easy, do it.

Yep as mosh said, just sign up, easy as 1,2,3

It is not a bug, you need a gunner for your two seater vehicle for locking on to targets.

Only since OA

OFP, ARMA, ARMA2 manual fire works without gunner.

A step in the right direction. Team up with someone to be your gunner instead of going Rambo. Much better for the game.

Wasn't this just asked like a week ago?

cant seem to find the post for it, but you can also fly by yourself and put it on manual fire, and lock targets.

Wasn't this just asked like a week ago?

cant seem to find the post for it, but you can also fly by yourself and put it on manual fire, and lock targets.

In ARMA2 yes but not in OA or CO

yes lock works in manual fire on OA so long as you have not gotten in as gunner first - which people often do to rearm the vehicle. if you just get in as pilot you can lock hellfires, but once you rearm it by getting in as gunner, that's it, no more lock.

The problem is that even with an AI gunner it's a chore locking onto targets because instead of just pressing TAB like earlier which automatically selected the closest enemy target to the center of the screen you now have to chaotically try to turn your chopper so you will face the target directly which you often can't see (or see but you still need to turn directly towards it) and press RMB which is also a zoom key. Arghhh

Same goes for being the tank commander.

I hate that lock on crap. Way I see it, if you're the pilot be the pilot. If you're a gunner, be a gunner. I love taking out armor using the Laser Designator. I can't remember if the laser was in OA or just ACE though.

Voted it down...the new lock before launch system that needs a gunner to designate reduced the Hellfire ripple spam significantly compared to ArmA II.

The old system was a annoyance at best. There should be a massive penalty in effectivness for loosing your Gunner.

The newer system is fine for online play but for offline ppl u can play either way if manual fire works. Put a AI in if it bothers you and select/don't select manual fire. Simple really and don't put one in if u like lone missions and ability to use the aircraft/chopper on ur own in edited missions etc

The option will make both parties happy this way. Think about it!

Why break something that worked since OFP days now

Edited by vasmkd