Sign in to follow this  
furymonkey

Change CD key without re-installing?

Hi,

I have just recently bought Arma2:Combined Operation on Steam. Having previously owned a seperate copy of Arma2, I decided to give that to my friend.

Since internet cap comes in a premium in our country, re-downloading the contents just to reinstall is out of question!

I need a way to reset the game so that I can input my steam key into it, because all I did was copy my old Arma2 files into my steam folder.

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean different directories? I just moved my original to where the steam would've installed and it worked fine, since I could actually run Combined Operation that way.

But as I pointed out, I need to reset the cd key on my original copy, and that's what is bothering me.

There is a possibility to delete the cd-key. But if you were "computer savvy" enough to do it you would already know how to do it and since you don't know how to do it theres the possibility that you can render your windows installation completely useless if you do something wrong.

Get in touch with Wolle or Dwarden and ask them in a PM - they're very helpful and they may be able to help you with this.