sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

Hi guys

If anyone has [CTF The End] for ArmA 2 please give it to me

I need it to convert to Arma 3

Does anybody know about a mission / scenario that I can train loss of engine power (No fuel, red engine indicator, etc) and loss of tail rotor on multiple helicopters?

I'd like a simple mission where I can easily disable the engine or disable the tail rotor (not both at the same time) so I can train emergency landing and regaining control from spinning.

I have tried Dslyecxi's MH-6 mission, but it's very limited and it's only for the MH-6.

Hi Morgan32

Following on from my post elsewhere, you can add a couple of triggers (set the areas quite large and mostly overlapping) in a region where you want to try emergency landing.

In one trigger, select "Activation by" to Radio Alpha (which in-mission you access via menu 0-0-1). Put the line

vehicle player setHit ["mala vrtule", 0.95;]

in the "on act" box (mala vrtule is Czech for tail rotor. Probably).

Take off, fly into the trigger area, hit 0-0-1 when ready & your tail rotor is kaput.

In the second trigger, set "Activation by" to "Radio Bravo" (0-0-2)

In the "On Act" box put

vehicle player setFuel 0;

& the engine will stop.

If you replace "mala vrtule" with "velka vrtule" (main rotor) this will simulate, e.g., a Jesus Nut dis-attachment scenario, or flak damage. You can then practice baling out at different altitudes - remember to take a parachute :)

You can practice with any chopper you care to put in the mission.

It is seriously adviseable to get used to at least the basics of the Editor. Whether you get into mission design, scripting, or addon-making it is essential. Be warned - the Editor can be addictive!

Cheers

Orc

Edited by Orcinus

Thanks a lot, Orc, I will definitely try that.

My pleasure.

If you want to try flying with variuos amounts of damage, then for the tail rotor just lower the value from 0.95 (I don't fly, so I've no idea whether flight characteristics degrade proportionally to damage). A value of 0.95 equates to 95% destruction.

Similarly damage to the main engine could be achieved with using different values of setHit but replacing the rotor name with "motor" (IIRC). Choppers may have two or more motors, I suspect they would be numbered something like motor1, motor 2 etc.

Hi guys, currently I am playing Operation Cold Bore, which is great. Over the years there have been tons of quality missions and campaigns.

So can you recommend me good ACE missions/campaigns? Preferrably infantry/sniper, but hey, most stuff is for infantry.

Thx

Hi guys, currently I am playing Operation Cold Bore, which is great. Over the years there have been tons of quality missions and campaigns.

So can you recommend me good ACE missions/campaigns? Preferrably infantry/sniper, but hey, most stuff is for infantry.

Thx

IndeedPete published 2 campaigns in ACE as well as non-ACE versions. I played both without ACE, they were fun. Run a search of the User Mission forum for IndeedPete.

Orcinus, Masharra, thanks so much, will download them...

Anyone know if there is an Invasion 44 (Arma 2) Insurgency Mission? Thanks!

@Burdy: if there is it would almost certainly be on Gunter Severloh's site. You could always ask in the forum there as well as here.

@tortuosit - I remember playing a good SP ACE mission on Podagorsk, "Cutting All Ties". Well worth a look. One of my favourite islands :)

Also a lot of MP co-op missions can be played SP - depends whether the author set waypoints for non-player controlled AI teams - there are masses of

ACE MP missions. Looking at the first few posts in the mission thread often tells you whether or not it's SP playable.

Anyone know if there is an Invasion 44 (Arma 2) Insurgency Mission? Thanks!

I have not seen one if it does exist.. if you find one please let me know :) There is an i44 Domination mission but it does not run as well as regular Domi (ie: lower FPS on server).

Are there any coop missions or domination etc. around where you play TAK Army vs. TAK Ins?

I'm looking for some EAST base template missions for Zargabad, Takistan, Chernarus and Utes?

Hello! i need a 3 sided warfare mission with units from balkan war mod (Serbian , Croatian and Bosnian army) i have tried to edit the warfare2 template in arma2 folder but no success yet. Can anyone do this?

@up

Forgotten Few by King Nothing.

thank! and some dynamic mission for unsung?

Trunam, first page of the thread

Hi,

I am in no way a coder or mission maker.

I have been looking for ACE missions that can be used for training in tactics, ACE, ACRE, Marksmanship, Weapon usage, and Piloting.

I have found a couple but they are either unfininshed or not what I am looking for. I am looking for a BCT course and a Pilot training course for my clan to use to learn ACE and ACRE.

Can you guys suggest me some good chopper mission? I prefer trasport, like infiltration etc, I need to make practice with the helo.

I've played dslyexci's mission.

Great heli transport mission: Hip hip hooray.

Other: hellfire.

Ps: in 2012 i write in this thread 2 posts with list of heli/plane missions. If you have time you can search ;)