sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

Hey folks, I'm wondering if there are any ArmA II missions that throw the player/s into a combined arms experience, but with nothing or almost nothing to get them started. I guess the kind of experience I'm looking for would be like a blend of OFP Resistance and DayZ, either singleplayer or 1-4 player coop style.

I want to be forced to collect weapons and equipment, to pick and choose my battles and find ways to achieve the mission objectives with very, very limited resources. For instance, could I find some way to stop an OPFOR convoy with just a Lee Enfield and one satchel charge? Or should I attempt to ambush a small patrol first and try to acquire their RPG, but risk missing the convoy? That sort of thing... I'd very much prefer not to be able to steal tanks and helicopters from the enemy, since in principal my character wouldn't know what to do with them anyway.

Resistance is still the best singleplayer experience I've had with the ArmA franchise, and I really want to try and recapture some of that. And if I can share it with a friend or two that'd be even better.

I've basically been looking through ArmaHolic trying to find the kind of mission I'm interested in, but without any success. The closest I've come is SaOk's mission "Zub", which is great fun, dynamic, and endlessly repeatable; but it's kind of like the endgame mission/content to my ideal, imaginary campaign, and I just want to start at the beginning. :P

Do any templates exist that i could use that show things like end trigger's, like if I need to destroy a car or steal one , or simply eliminate a squad, ive only found out how to end missions so far by using a radio style command :/ I also would like to learn how to make my own mission briefings.

Evening gents! Long time lurker looking for a mission to run.

Criteria~

*3 player(general estimate) coop

1- of the 3 is brand spankin new as of last night.

*Fast and easy respawn (because of said new player) * faster than restarting the game session.

*Short to medium length. ( have to slowly mold him into enjoying the beauty that is ArmA2)

*Teaches some tactics or general arma play.

Something akin to "Light Show" mission

Or perhaps a coop version of Thomsonb's SP sandbox thingermajigger

Thanks ahead of time.

Ill be trawling through armaholic in the mean time. ** turns out mso was a bit too much for him :D*

I have found AC war in Takistan to work quite well for us. A little bit of everything. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13275

Edited by Masharra

Hi,

Im posting this thread for anyone out there who knows where I could get my hands on a very basic life mission. It doesnt have to be anything fancy it just needs to work. The reason I ask is because I want to see how one works and then from this using as reference make my own from scratch and obviously without reference it will be difficult. Im not looking to "steal" a mission or take anyones mission I just want something to use as a reference in my work to get me started. So yeah if anyone knows of a download link or something similar let me know.

Thanks.

*NOTE* Just realized I have made this thread in the wrong area. Sorry about that if a forum moderator would be kind enough to move it I would be grateful. Thanks again.

Edited by TheNorthernBrit
Put thread in wrong topic

I am looking missions where:

I can buy units, snipers, riflemans etc

AI commander gives task, like freedom fighters

Enemy tryes capture all towns, and we try same.

Friendly AI has teams

Freedom fighters is very nice missions but i dont like night time only.

Big thanks for answers.

Friendly AI has teams

Big thanks for answers.

This mission fits what you describe very well. It's MP co-op but I've hosted it as a LAN game and played it solo. You can set up defenses, buy units for your squad, AI commander will give you missions randomly or when you request patrol ops. Enemy AI will capture and recapture town, patrol areas, etc... If you are good with SQL you can set up a database that saves the mission progress so you can keep coming back to the same session over and over (or let the mission run in a dedicated server setting and it will keep going after you log off). It also supports lots of custom islands. I've had a lot of fun with it.

Friendly AI has teams

Big thanks for answers.

Have you tried MarkB50k's Apocalypse?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16901

Tons of compatible addons

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135304-SP-Apocalypse-Invade-Control-Conquer

MarkB50k's Apocalypse feels too complicated, i want that AI have command and gives tasks, i dont want high command.

Hi, I'm looking for SP missions, basically infantry.

a) which simply demand you to clean an Island/Country from OPFOR completely. Preferably on more vegetation rich maps (I don't like the Takistan setting too much), Chernarus, Lingor etc... I think there was a User made Mission where you could completely configure the setting, but I can't remember which one that was.

b) Something like a large scale infantry war? D-day? 100 BLUFOR vs. 100 OPFOR? Like this...

TIA :)

Hey could anyone suggest missions where I am NOT the squad leader?

The only mission I have where I am not a leader is Mountain Warriors.

check my missions thread (signature), you will have some

check my missions thread (signature), you will have some

Hey, those seem like good missions. Which ones are you not a squad leader?

EDIT--------------------

Nevermind, just me being ignorant. You list it in each mission if you're leader or not.

Edited by MeGusta90

Guys, do you know of any single player Sangin missions?

Hey guys I have an original request. We had some great sniper missions with ACE, but how about one where the targets are between civilians?

something like this

where the civilians and terrorists are blended together and we can only shoot the civilians that get guns or act strangely plating bombs and so go on?

And another thing; i'm surprised no one did another operation nepture spear mission based on zero dark thirthy with a bigger house!

Hey guys I have an original request. We had some great sniper missions with ACE, but how about one where the targets are between civilians?

something like this

where the civilians and terrorists are blended together and we can only shoot the civilians that get guns or act strangely plating bombs and so go on?

And another thing; i'm surprised no one did another operation nepture spear mission based on zero dark thirthy with a bigger house!

I'm working on a mission for my RWO project based on SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, it takes place during the 2nd battle of Fallujah, and will have a separate ACE-friendly version. There is a phase where you'll be providing cover for Marines as they clear out an area filled with civvies...of course there's no special consequence for shooting one, but you do have to check your fire, the scumbag insurgents have no qualms with fighting among innocents. I'm working on dialog for the mission, and will pursue some voice acting...should be out relatively soon I hope.

EDIT: watching some of this video, the mission will be very-much in-line with your request-- you also get to choose between the "SR-25" (Mk.11 in Vanilla / M110 in ACE) and ".300 Win Mag" (L115A3 w/ Lapua Magnum).

Edited by h34dup

Friendly AI has teams

Big thanks for answers.

This mission fits what you describe very well. It's MP co-op but I've hosted it as a LAN game and played it solo. You can set up defenses, buy units for your squad, AI commander will give you missions randomly or when you request patrol ops. Enemy AI will capture and recapture town, patrol areas, etc... If you are good with SQL you can set up a database that saves the mission progress so you can keep coming back to the same session over and over (or let the mission run in a dedicated server setting and it will keep going after you log off). It also supports lots of custom islands. I've had a lot of fun with it.

You could also check out Kremator's excellent Kremator presents ... BattleZone, MSO, PatrolOps2 & ATCRabbit. It combines several community-standard mission/mods into one big stew of awesome. Pretty much every map is supported at this point, though Faysh Khabur (my favorite) has still to be updated...

That request is likely to be for missions set on the Sangin terrain.

Yes. Not sure, Sangin is probably pretty new, so there isnn't much content for it...

Hi,

I'm looking for a resistance type open SP campaign. I remember playing one on ArmA where you started off by yourself and had to start your resistance group from scratch. You then attacked convoys etc to take on the army and eventually win. I'll be very greatful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

There are not to many Resistance campaigns for arma 2. I know few but there are not "open" type campaign. You can check Bardosy's Day of Napa (it's mission pack), in my campaign Battlefield Takistan in first 3 missions you play as insurgent. Also campaign Ams Roter stern, this is campaign for Chdkz.

Thanks tom3kb. Could you please send me a link to your Battlefield Takistan campaign please? Thanks in advance :)