sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

I intend to play coop with a friend on this one. He is new to the game, but not a bad player necessarily. We both own combined operations, but not reinforcements.

I'm thinking we each have just one squad mate to command so that the AI doesn't steal our thunder too much. Teamswitching will be enabled. We'll have any rifle but one with a useless CQB scope. Perhaps a scope with a CQB medium range combination. It'll be night. Our missions will at first be stealth and recon based, laser designating targets, ambushing small groups of infantry, sabotaging vehicles and things and perhaps a few intel gathering objectives thrown in but not too much as that sort of thing gets boring quickly.

As the dawn approaches we will have started directly supporting a armored unit which is already being supported by an infantry unit take back back a large city. We'll be responsible for a specific high value target while the chaos of the battle is left to the opposing AI armies.

At this point we'll be piloting Apaches. We'll be taking out various convoys, and who knows what else might happen. Shortly after we'll be responsible for taking out large amounts of armored units in A10s.

I'll leave everything after that to the ambition of the creator (if there will be one). I'd like an AC130 section in there somewhere. I know there is some mod out there created with scripts that allows for that sort of thing already.

I've noticed there aren't many multiplayer modes to choose from. This is how I would do it:

I'd disable AI, enable max amount of players, and put the clock into the early night. Each team has three bases fully stocked with all available vehicles and weapons. These bases spawn at random so that nobody knows where the enemy is. The rules would be Team Deathmatch. The whole map would be used.

Mission Request - A handful (at least 3 - 5?) of Littlebird missions where the player plays as the pilot, and must drop, and pickup in hot LZs, or tricky LZs. Like this :3

PS: Not me trying to promote myself, but I really just want to practice more, and I suck at practicing, because I always find an LZ that I know I can make. I want LZs that are totally unexpected. Where I am orbiting, and suddenly there is a smoke grenade ready for pickup, and I have to make my own approach.

Either way, hopefully someone can get this! :)

EDIT - Actually, like... all helicopter missions are accepted. ;)

Also, yes, I have seen the one you are about to paste a link to.

Edited by JetlinerX

I'm surprised there aren't more requests for this.

The reason the multiplayer community fails so hard right now at... existing... for anything other than DayZ anyways is that CTI is too large for how few players it supports. 70 players in a 5 m area is already a situation in which players will often engage from long range or sometimes have to wait. Takistan is 144 square miles, and Chernarus is 244.

So that's what I suggest. When I was tinkering around with the wizard to try and create a fun Sector Control multiplayer mode for Takistan, I found it was too small by default. Going into the editor within the wizard I found that there were no vehicles either. So I increased the map boundaries all the way out, and spaced the capture points so that they stretched to the towns in between both airfields, the capture points making a sort of line to each airfield. I gave each side's spawn point to an airfield as well. The problem with this is that the max player count is permanently stuck at 16, which is just not enough players for this playing space. I wanted each side to have an airfield stocked with vehicles, but with only 6 people a fully stocked airbase won't get much use.

I like the Flashpoint Takistan/etc missions, but I feel they lack focus. I enjoy it when we have missions where you go to X and pretty much kill all the units. Not just rifleman squads, but especially so when both sides have reinforcements!

I have been using the mission wizard thing to preview a patrol mission, HQ gives you different basic tasks which is quite nice, but again only has about 5 different things.

Looking to scratch the 'random' itch I know ARMA can handle so well, so i'm after something which is (you guessed it) different each time. I want my squad to get blown up by a platoon of tanks we didn't know would be over the hill, and the same time, I want a mechanised platoon of friendlies to roll on some rusty BMPS.

Gotta be something that generates something like this?

I am searching for two player missions. That havent to be only two player missions, also missions which work good with two players

I try the multi operations sandbox and the zombie sandbox missions. But maybe you know also some story based two player missions?

I am searching for two player missions. That havent to be only two player missions, also missions which work good with two players

I try the multi operations sandbox and the zombie sandbox missions. But maybe you know also some story based two player missions?

Hey Seb, depending on whether sniping is your cup of tea, most of the sniper missions have two players (a sniper and a spotter). There's a good one built in to ARMA and a few user missions.

Some of the smaller co-op missions can also work and still be manageable with AI turned off.

Hey Seb, depending on whether sniping is your cup of tea, most of the sniper missions have two players (a sniper and a spotter). There's a good one built in to ARMA and a few user missions.

Some of the smaller co-op missions can also work and still be manageable with AI turned off.

What do you mean about "with AI turned off"? Turn off the AI Teammembers? For example. Playing a 10 players mission and turning off 8 AI soldiers? Then the mission is easier and better handle with two players? Maybe i don´t understand what you mean with "manageable" :)

Do you know the names of good two player co-op missions? Or maybe the map packs or mods with it?

What do you mean about "with AI turned off"? Turn off the AI Teammembers? For example. Playing a 10 players mission and turning off 8 AI soldiers? Then the mission is easier and better handle with two players? Maybe i don´t understand what you mean with "manageable" :)

Do you know the names of good two player co-op missions? Or maybe the map packs or mods with it?

I got 2 2 player missions in my ARMA 2 Free Pack, 1 in my custom pack and an ACE version as well if you want to use ACE. Links in my siggy. Scud Sabotage, my 4 player mission should be fine for 2 as well (if you're lucky to get an easy spawn for the SCUD, its randomized).

Here's a nice reference sheet by Comrades in Arms. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoIzrb1yPxg2cG9hTkJubUhKZGFNUDEzSHkwdFgyZlE&pli=1&hl=en#gid=18 . Find all the missions with co02 on it, those are 2 player coop and missiosn are in numerical order from lowest number player coop to highest.

Umm....... OK, I don't think it fails. I'm not sure why i'm compelled to help with this problem, but here goes Urban-Conquest-by-tvig0r0us It can be adjusted, so have at it!

Thank you for that link. Haven't tried it yet but it seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

And one thing I didn't mention about why CTI is flawed is that commanding AI is unintuitive, and the AI require a lot of babysitting, especially when they use vehicles. CTI is trying to be an RTS while none of the issues with it are ironed out. It would be fine if the standard was games with AI disabled and human commanders leading human players.

What are some good missions which DON'T force you as squad leader? I prefer being a rifleman for instance and letting the SQ leader do the work, the 'target that man' reticules really help my enjoyment of firefights. Being SL I don't know where jackshit is!

@NIKO MY CUZIN

Check campaign Hammer of Thor also in Wiki's campaign Operation Licorne (in few missions you are not teamleader), check Fallout campaign. Mission Morning dew.

I also have a few SP missions or missions packs in which you're not the leader

eg: clean sweep 2

I am looking for any missions or campaigns where you play the role of a guerrilla like in flash point resistance

cheers!

I am looking for any missions or campaigns where you play the role of a guerrilla like in flash point resistance

cheers!

I got a few missions on my pack. Vyshie Coverfire you play as 2 guerilla snipers defending Vyshnoye from oncoming Chedaki attack and then you assist in taking the time. Bloody Lake you play as 2 civilians and you got to snipe out the general with a hunting rifle. I got another one in Namalsk where you play as 2 guerilla sniper again (Fight of the Mill) where you got to defend the Old lumber mill from oncoming NAC attacks. You can play the more than 2 player version for Vyshie Coverfire and Fight of the Mill if you want to play as the regular defenders that aren't the sniper as well for the more than 2 player coop versions.

I think some of Vanha's missions got some pretty good guerilla missions as well.

In my Battlefield Takistan campaign in first 3 missions you play as guerrilla, also in my tom3kb's SP Mission Pack there are 2 missions where we play as insurgents ("bad guys"): Golden rifle and Second side of medal.

You can also check Day of NAPA, its a coop mission pack made by bardosy but you can play this also in SP.

I actually had this idea flow through my mind of a couple of coop missions (2 to 4 player coop maybe) that basically put the players into the role of a navy pilot. The players would be stationed on the USS Khe Sanh (yes, the carrier from Utes) which has been redeployed to Chernarus. On the carrier the players would be getting a briefing, but beyond that they're free to explore the carrier. Missions get assigned as soon as the players enter their respective vehicles and are ready to fly out. This won't be SP compatible because the AI isn't able to take off properly from a carrier (unless you wait 5-10 mins).

Also missions are random. But they only show up once.

I've been working on this for a bit ("a bit" means I had fun dogfights for myself and played around with the carrier) but I'd like to hear if anybody's interested in this.

Just finished ARMA and Queens Gambit, along with most of ARMA 2 campaign, pretty disappointed. ARMA was'nt bad, had cleaner graphics than 2 but gameplay controls were not great. ARMA 2 has been a real downer. I looked for a mod wiki but couldnt find one so i'll ask: what to download?

Interested in lone wolf, or small squad missions/campaigns, also i'd like to have some choice in my weapon loadouts. Also interested in air campaigns, mostly helicopter.

p.s. any chance of a "slightly dramatised alternative reality" mission/campaign regarding Ivan and Martin : Escape from Lemnos ?.

Check Armaholic site there you find many campaigns, good place for start.

In most of user made campaigns you can change weapons.

About air campaigns: check Carrier operations Duala, my campaign Wings. Helicopter campaigns: Serpent and Steel Monsters (this 1 only in russian language) and bis Eagle wing. You can also find many pilot missions.

I think I started playing Eagle Wing but after the first mission, it seems to be back to infantry role again. I never got any further as I found it very hard to get past the patrols and I lost interest.

Can anyone point me to some good missions for two players with respawn? It's just not really any good having no respawn as if my friend dies, I can't expect him to sit there whilst I continue the mission so we have to restart from the beginning again, which is a pain, although if I can save the mission at any point I guess that can be avoided. I know we could play Warfare or whatever with respawn but it's nice to play a more specific mission sometimes, rather than just "kill the enemy and capture the flags".