sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

If you need me to create a mission for you, let me know. Information is on my website >>> http://armaediting.webs.com/ <<< I create specially made missions for clans/groups, and for everybody, and anybody. Let me know the details of the mission you want and Ill get started. You choose between to keep it Private or to give it out to other clans or maybe even Armaholic.com (Most of the credit will be going to me for the editing and scripting, and some to the one requesting for giving the idea, and details)

Can anyone point me to what is the most played pvp missions/mods, tvt and/or free for all ganging players. Thanks

Hello, I am looking for some vanila OPFOR or INDFOR missions or any missions for small group of players 2-4. Thank you.

Edited by skiline5

Here are a few real-world situations I'd love to see adapted for Arma2/CO:

Mali - France urges foreign military intervention in growing Al-Qaeda stronghold, an international coalition is mobilized and moves to dismantle the new hotbed for extremism

Afghanistan - US Navy SEAL member is killed during an operation to rescue a kidnapped doctor- 12 hours earlier, the team was training and planning the operation

Syria - The UK has expressed a new sense of urgency to intervene in the bloody civil war that has been raging for 22 months, amidst worries that the regime will resort to chemical weapons, an SAS team is inserted to neutralize a suspicious factory

Syria - As a member of the resistance, you must fight both Assad's regime, and the fractious alliance of Taliban-leaning foreign militants, in order to protect your neighborhood and avenge your brother's death

Afghanistan - Afghan and Coalition security forces apprehend prominent Haaquni leader in Paktia province (see my Op. Razor's Edge for precedent)

Iran - Iran claims to have shot down an American drone in their airspace. As a member of the CIA's Special Activities Division, you must insert undetected and destroy the drone before the Iranians can get to it.

Afghanistan (or Iraq) - The conflict has evolved, the enemy you face is even more elusive-- blue on blue attacks and hidden IEDs along your patrol route. Use your RG-31 MRAP and lead your squad through a volatile region notorious for militant activity.

So many more... I may decide to take on that last one at some point soon...

Just wanted to ask if there would of be anyone who perhaps would of do a mission based on North Korean Army? (SP mission, "Assault missions" style) on Utes?

Little story perhaps?

"North Korea being strong ally to Russia accepted help request of Russian's President to help out in Chernaruss Conflict, first KPA's mission is assault on Utes island intercepting CDF Air Base with some USMC presence, when the airbase is taken KPA proceeds taking on two military bases.

Link to KPA Forces:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121677-Someguywho-s-North-Koreans

I'd say someone should make some good old fashion no revive/respawn missions on Namalsk. It's as pretty nice island. Either ACE or vanilla would be fine :) . I'll probably work on a few myself.

I'd say someone should make some good old fashion no revive/respawn missions on Namalsk. It's as pretty nice island. Either ACE or vanilla would be fine :) . I'll probably work on a few myself.

I second that. Namalsk is such a wonderful environmet, it's a shame there hardly any available missions for it, and coop resapawnvive free - none...

I've had an idea of a campaign using CWR2, about a special forces team with various operations and a story. IMO CWR2 is a great mod which offers possibilities, and I'd probably do a campaign myself, but sadly I have no idea on how to start with it and I have other missions going on. The idea sounds good to me though.

I've had an idea of a campaign using CWR2, about a special forces team with various operations and a story. IMO CWR2 is a great mod which offers possibilities, and I'd probably do a campaign myself, but sadly I have no idea on how to start with it and I have other missions going on. The idea sounds good to me though.

Good luck with that, would love to play a CWR2 campaign.

Can u plz post your story ?

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Can u plz post your story ?

I could make a cwr campaign. Idk if it be worth the time and effort that would go into such a campaign, who knows if the community would actually play it :p

Been playing a LOT of CTI and I came up with some ideas I thought I would share. A big problem I see is that newbies often are only interested in flying a chopper or plane. Once they have enough money (or they ask for it from the commander), they buy their $150,000 planes/choppers and fly it straight in to the nearest tree :p Not only that though, I was watching a game tonight and the commander no less.. was buying harriers one after another, and flying them in to the nearby forest. He was trying to take off on a grass hill which is hard anyway, but he clearly wasn't very good too, and I just saw $150,000 going up in smoke, again and again and again.

My suggestion is to have a CTI mode where gear is all split in to tiers, and you need to rise in rank to get access to the next set of gear. But rising in rank cannot be bought with money, it is earned by completing missions or objectives. These could be set by the game itself or maybe by the commander. When you first join, the first tier of gear is rifles and AT weapons, and basic light vehicles (not even ambulances etc). The first mission is simply to kill 5 enemies, so the player can buy a humvee and a few guys and set off to kill some enemies. Upon completing that first goal, they rise in rank and unlock the second tier of gear. This includes better weapons (Javelin etc), and lets you use any of the light vehicles. The next goal is to kill 5 more men and to capture a camp, and a town. The player has to achieve this to progress beyond just light vehicles. If/when they do, they are allowed to use heavy vehicles, and they get another goal (maybe to kill 10 men, 2 tanks, and capture 2 towns, or whatever).

The idea is that they player should EARN the use of flying vehicles, by proving that they are a good and experienced player. The average newbie who just randomly clicked on a multiplayer game and doesn't know what to do, should not have much chance of getting to flying stage. The good players who have played a lot, should get there with some effort. The first tier of flying vehicles should just be scout choppers (little bird etc), and transports (blackhawk etc). The player should be able to have these AND tanks just like in normal CTI games. The only difference is that they can't buy gunships or jets (yet). The missions with these choppers should involve maybe transporting some troops to the front line and air lifting a vehicle or something like that. When you complete this mission, you should get the option of upgrading your scout/transport chopper in to a gunship (if you want). Then you get a gunship and have a big difficult mission to complete with that (kill 20 vehicles, 100 enemies, 1 aircraft, or whatever), and then you get the option to upgrade your chopper to a jet.

Well, CTI (I think you mean warfare) is a team based mode. So your team can buy stuff as you have enough money. The problem could be that the scores are to high and that links into everybody plays for itself.

No more teamplay then. I dont know if the warfare version has the possibility for the commander to control the moneyflow. If so the commander could give money only to good pilots.

Your suggestion leads to more lonewolf behave. But thats the wrong mission for it. Seems that you are annoyed from noobish players. The key to win in warfare is how good the players can unite into a team.

You should try out the crCTI. Here the commander is fixed from start and only he can give the commanding to another player. The commander controls the money and what you get from the income.

Every player can send and get money to/from everyone. Scoremoney can be setted in parameters. Usually players asking for help as the money is mostly barely. You cant spawn in towns (camps) only in bases.

Bases are limeted in only 2. You spawn with regular gear. There is no fastravel you need to get connected with other players to get to the towns. There are two airfacs a big and a small one. The small one has only transports the big one has fightwings. Tactics are the most important tool to win this. But it gets hardly boring if you dont know what to do or dont want to teamplay. Its hardcore by default.

I could make a cwr campaign. Idk if it be worth the time and effort that would go into such a campaign, who knows if the community would actually play it :p

We could make one together, I have a couple of ideas. :P And I don't think players not playing it would be an issue.

I would play it! :)

I would play it too ... i really miss the original ofp cold-war era ...

We have also British troops and SAS, they could be very usefull for recon style missions ...

Im looking for some good missions where your force is cut off or trapped behind enemy lines or missions where youre defending a position. Also, missions with an RTS feel Id also like. Are there many out there?

I started working on a small project on Namalsk - planned a branching 3-mission Camp or at least a release of the one scenario I put together so far...all the set pieces are in but there's no story, mission or structure yet-- just lots of PLA soldiers patrolling around, a hostage in a server shed and a nuclear site with HAZMAT crew. I decided to stop distracting myself from working on Lions of Kandahar bonus missions, but maybe I'll get back on it and release soon.

I'd like to have someone make a campaign with I44 mod, with different kind of missions:

Infantry, commando, tank commander, pilot...

And not always lead a team, but being a grunt who follows his Sgt during the first part of the campaign.