sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

Hello :)

I 'd really like to find any decent mission that works with ACE , where we can choose the full extent of ACE equipment , meaning :

-Kestrel

-Vector21B with batteries

-ruck sacks

-bandages , morphine etc

-DAGR

It's incredible the amount of SP missions i had to go through these last days , where it is impossible to find these tools ... 99% don't have it ... i always have to unpbo the mission , put it in arma documents folder then edit it myself to add "other weapon" box and "other items" box at the starting position , very annoying

Also i'd want such a mission where we do NOT control AI , or maximum one or two AI , not more .

I also can't seem to find a simple sniper mission (go to X spot , kill mister Y ) that works with ACE and have these items , i completed Team Shadow sniper campaign (which was really Awesome overall ) but did not find another campaign or mission like that , in the same spirit of true sniper mission where you don't shoot dozens of rounds , can't afford to shoot on patrols and have a precise target at given time/space location

So in short : Simple missions (not many triggers and complicated objectives ) , preferably sniper but also specops one , i personally don't care of voice acting , all ACE items i listed must be available and equippable at start , few AI with you ( or at least an option to disable their movement and make sure " hold fire" truly means "hold fire" to them )

Thanks a lot for suggestions if you have one , cheers :)

Edited by Ians

Hi there, first time here, since i'm really lazy i'm wondering, is there any massive single player scenario with respawn where i can simply have a team of soldiers following me while i randomly go around chernarus killing enemies and exploring? The missions of campaign are simply too hard for me (Damn you CoD!!)

I mean having enemies all over the place in small patrols, some bases and such , GTA style.

Edited by VikingHaag
better explanation

I think no. When you die, you have to restart, as far as I can remember.

Thanks , i knew about those , they' re very nice missions , however i had to edit the mission myself to add ammo boxes , because default weapons were not sniper rifles ( Colt M4 5.56mm silenced ) , and also to have Vector1B + batteries + Kestrel (bare minimum for a sniper ) and other stuffs i use to secure my position like M86 mines but thanks for your suggestion stk008 ;)

Hi there, first time here, since i'm really lazy i'm wondering, is there any massive single player scenario with respawn where i can simply have a team of soldiers following me while i randomly go around chernarus killing enemies and exploring? The missions of campaign are simply too hard for me (Damn you CoD!!)

I mean having enemies all over the place in small patrols, some bases and such , GTA style.

I advise you to search for "DeepSandbox" missions , which have respawns :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=121969

I would love a mission like from movie behind enemy lines. Where F18 is shot down by SAM and the co pilot has to survive. It's taking place somewhere in winter Bosnia. Maybe I will make this myself, but my skills are really limited.

Hello

Can anyone tell me if there is a map that has all of the in game vehicles in it at all? I seem to recall seeing one, but can't for the love of me find it.

Thanks

Kye

I have heard that nothing is impossible with the ArmA II editor. Can someone prove this by making THE most ridiculous, hilariously annoying mission ever?! Just for laughs?

I would like someone to make a mission that has the most ridiculous storyline and gameplay ever. For example, a lone soldier receives an order from HQ to assassinate a warlord. As soon as he enters the area, he is surrounded by ten Takistani soldiers and is executed point blank. But... he doesn't die, and when the red screen fades the Takistani soldiers have transformed into cute furry animals.

Our hero receives an order from our unknown HQ operator to eliminate all the furry animals. After he's done, the camera shifts behind to reveal hundreds of furry animals charging towards him. HQ tells him to escape the area since these furry animals will explode on contact.

I'm sure many of you can think of much more humorous ideas and incredulous challenges. For once I'd like to see an ArmA II mission that doesn't take itself seriously at all!

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

...In the meantime, can someone please recommend some really good AH-64D Apache missions? I really like missions like the Operation Arrowhead mission "Death From Above".

Thanks in advance.

Thought of an interesting idea for a campaign. Involves the player as a member of USMC task force. The background could be the collapse of the world markets leading to insurgencies and rebelions in all major countries of the world. Complete collapse of all societies structure in all countries. Bit like battlestar galactica on the earth but with current technologies, a bit like star trek voyager in the fact that repairs and resupplies are needed for the task force to survive as the roam the oceans looking for allies, fighting pirates, sending "away teams" to islands for diplomatic, resupply etc missions, all variables could be set up in an array to save weapon load outs, current fuel supply, new units. Would be a massive project but would be cool, could even use the waves island by gnat for naval battles, and all current islands in game. Maybe a non ending campaign which builds up a score which unlocks higher ranks or even command of the task force. Oh and there would have to be some really good "villians" who always seem to escape at the last minute but turn up just in time to cause the player a bit of chaos, maybe guba is alive after all?

Edited by Jingle

Is domination fully dynamic missions that adapt it self with how many players there is?

Can I complete it by my self?

Or do I also need other players for it?

Is domination fully dynamic missions that adapt it self with how many players there is?

Can I complete it by my self?

Or do I also need other players for it?

Yup i believe you can finish it on your own but if you gonna play the mission on LAN or as SP you wont be able to save it though

(same for benny's warfare:()

Edit- but its great fun, you can load as many mods as you want and in some versions recruiting ai is also possible...

Edited by Bee8190

My thread was closed. I'm here to ask if there's any good SP (me by myself without having some kind of crazy server) warfare game modes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just recently decided to try out custom islands for the first time and I am really liking Lingor and Duala. So far I've tried "Takistan" Force for Duala and Lingor, but that's about it. Can anyone recommend a good dynamic mission for either of these two islands that don't require 10+ players? Oh, and missions that actually make use of the units that came with these maps.

I can try and make one at some point as I recently downloaded Duala.

Will keep your request in mind.

Hi, I was suggested to ask my question here from a previous thread so here goes.

So after a long period of gaming primarily on a console, I finally built a decent desktop. I've been away from OFP for a long time, and after my pitiful searches I can't exactly seem to find an answer to my question.

Are there any dynamic campaigns available similar to what the original OFP had? In particular:

Dynamic Afghanistan (Delta Force & Spetsnaz available)

There were more available, such as Dynamic Libya (and others which I can't seem to find). I haven't got ArmA 2 and the expansions yet, but will very shortly. Dynamic Afghanistan was one of the best OFP experiences I ever had, and I'm pretty sure ArmA 2 could take it to the next level after over 6 years since playing it! Thanks in advance.

hey guys

ive got a request:

i want to play BW missions ive got the BW compiliation 1.7 and i want the ISAF campaign or some other missions for BW

(sry for my bad english xD)

COOP Warfare/CTI! Like Warfare BE but with the ability to play on a locally hosted LAN server in the browser without the AI scripting crashing due to CPU overload.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Hi,

Our clan is looking for missions with the following characteristics:

a) cooperative

b) no enemy respawn

c) no respawn for players, limited revive only

d) ideally for small teams (<10p) but happy to be part of a larger force

e) focused objectives rather than sandbox gameplay

f) not too long (90 mins max per mission)

g) varied themes (not just "Kill all OPFOR in AOE"), e.g. patrols, recon, recover intel, convoys

h) semi-realistic (no 4-man spec ops destroy tank division, steal top secret plans, rescue president's daughter, recover broken arrow)

i) ideally BAF flavoured

In terms of style, we appreciate Sander's, Vanha's and Nkenny's work.

So does anyone have any recommendations?

Uhm...

I'm looking for a huge sandbox world mission where the player isn't the platoon commander, but just an infantry/pilot who must complete some tasks (including troops transport/evac) WICT Tool like? :pray:

Im still looking for a large scale battle where the player is perhaps a squad or section leader in a company or battalion sized engagement

Our clan is looking for missions with the following characteristics:

In terms of style, we appreciate Sander's, Vanha's and Nkenny's work.

So does anyone have any recommendations?

You might want to check out our missions here