sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

Osama bin laden mission please

My mediocre skills are trying as we speak but I am a amateur. All I have is a location and some half assed attempts at an insertion via helo.

Location can be the villa on zargabad.. Perhaps some more skilled people could elaborate on what else we could do.

Since it is extremely difficult to move one thread into this one, I guess I'll just copy/paste my suggestion here.

I'm sure it needs to be said, even if someone is already on it.

This combat action was something almost completely out of an action movie, SOOO many things could have easily gone wrong. Its a miracle the that nothing hit the fan.

I personally think it is worth doing, and doing RIGHT.

For now, I'll suggest some things for whatever missionmaker is brave enough to do this correctly, since BIS obviously have their hands full.

Here's a few suggestions:

1. Random script to have one of the helos fail enroute.

2. Random script to have local populace notice helos (Twitter feed).

3. Random script to have OPFOR/local military academy/Pakistani Air Force/local town react to either Twitter, helos, or gunfire(Could lead to very unique BHD type scenario). Also stress to the players the situation of such problems.

4. Random amount/quality of bodyguard.

5. GOOD VOICE ACTING AND RADIO CHATTER.

Please discuss and brainstorm, I'll be back later for more suggestions.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

My mediocre skills are trying as we speak but I am a amateur. All I have is a location and some half assed attempts at an insertion via helo.

Location can be the villa on zargabad.. Perhaps some more skilled people could elaborate on what else we could do.

IMHO, the professionals should do this.

If noone from the Arma community can do it right, then I'll be glad to see this when Battlefield 3 comes out.

Most of the combat action seemed to be floor to floor indoors methinks -not a specialty of the Arma engine. Would probably work better on an old R6 engine or Swat4. Too bad they're dead :(

Most of the combat action seemed to be floor to floor indoors methinks -not a specialty of the Arma engine. Would probably work better on an old R6 engine or Swat4. Too bad they're dead :(

Aw... I thought CQB would be worked out by now, weren't SEALs being taught by BIS?

/end sarcasm

Very true. For a 40 minute firefight in a ~200m² area (like the abottabad compound) in ArmA you´d need to have either terribly stupid AI´s or terribly stupid players. None of both equals my idea of a fun mission.

Get the "Big Game Hunting" mission from OffTheWall studios for OFP instead. That one is great fun, and doesn´t involve techniques not working in this game :D

I'm looking for single player missions in which you are a grunt or a small fireteam leader, no major add ons required (still exploring the vanilla game), and a nice sniper mission would be welcome too, recomendations?

Thanks!

I've been in the process of this as well. I've been using satellite and NBC animation to construct the compound.

I've gotten the helo insertion already, but I am having a few issues in the extract:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118403

I haven't added the enemies yet.

I actually built my own compound near Shahbaz.

Since it is extremely difficult to move one thread into this one, I guess I'll just copy/paste my suggestion here.

I'm sure it needs to be said, even if someone is already on it.

This combat action was something almost completely out of an action movie, SOOO many things could have easily gone wrong. Its a miracle the that nothing hit the fan.

I personally think it is worth doing, and doing RIGHT.

For now, I'll suggest some things for whatever missionmaker is brave enough to do this correctly, since BIS obviously have their hands full.

Here's a few suggestions:

1. Random script to have one of the helos fail enroute.

2. Random script to have local populace notice helos (Twitter feed).

3. Random script to have OPFOR/local military academy/Pakistani Air Force/local town react to either Twitter, helos, or gunfire(Could lead to very unique BHD type scenario). Also stress to the players the situation of such problems.

4. Random amount/quality of bodyguard.

5. GOOD VOICE ACTING AND RADIO CHATTER.

Please discuss and brainstorm, I'll be back later for more suggestions.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

IMHO, the professionals should do this.

If noone from the Arma community can do it right, then I'll be glad to see this when Battlefield 3 comes out.

Yep I agree since my attempt has flopped and fallen on it's head.

Can someone recommend me a good SP mission where I'm part of a team but not in charge? I want a mission where I don't have to babysit my AI allies but where I'm part of a team.

Can someone recommend me a good SP mission where I'm part of a team but not in charge? I want a mission where I don't have to babysit my AI allies but where I'm part of a team.

It's part of my campaign, but the 3th mission "the first fight" from operation dutch is well received.

It's part of my campaign, but the 3th mission "the first fight" from operation dutch is well received.

Thanks. I'm gonna try it.

I think someone should overhaul the Freedom Fighters mission. Make it an actual guerrilla conflict where instead of taking towns you have to carry out raids on each one, then attack the reinforcements. Let Razor Team provide clandestine support instead of sitting there uselessly, etc.

does arma2 support team switching on death?

was just thinking, like a tag game, where its all vs all to start -- when you kill someone they respawn on your team, only 1 team swap / whichever is the biggest team becomes the main team until its everyone in the same team hunting the last person. (we play in airsoft a lot) would be a great mission I reckon for some quick PVP on a pub server- but might be a bit much for mission editor?

Arma 2 supports team switching, but the problem is that it only supports 3 sides. BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent. And civilian, but that's iffy.

I'm looking for single player missions in which you are a grunt or a small fireteam leader, no major add ons required (still exploring the vanilla game), and a nice sniper mission would be welcome too, recomendations?

Thanks!

you might want to check out operation cold bore for a good sniper mission (its on a different island tho, but great mission.)

there also my sniper campaign, but theres some addons required (but it mostly takes place in chernarus)

Agreed - UBL type mission was made to order for RVS/R6. To bad UBI never allowed the community to MOD out RVS (with the SDK code).

RVS was the last great CQB game I've seen - They just really ruined the R6 series after that - Hell, if UBI would just put out an updated RVS game they would make a killing...

There used to be a mission in OFP which i cant rember the name of.

Anyway the mission was MP and it was like hide and seek.

1 player would be on 1 side and everyone else was on the other side

every so often the game would give you the single players map co-ords

and you would try and find him.

if you killed him game was over if he killed one of your team you joined him on his team. and now you have to kill 2 of them.

think thats how it went anyway was along time ago and im old :)

anyway has anyone remade that mission ?

I havent seen it mate but I definately remember the mission, just not the damn name!

This is what i would like to see (copy paste from video thread)

Ok im very crappy with the editor, so this is just an example of how you could make a cool mission with MGB + Undead mod.

Think - 'earn dollars from killing zombies, build your base with defence, try to save up for the antenna parts and call the rescue helicopter' etc etc

R4hmX015e90

Well I've almost completed my project however I still need help getting all the minor issues worked out.

Hi, I'm looking for an AI enabled version of Liberate Island (LiberateIsland.isladuala) or AI enabled Liberate Duala (ac_ace_liberateisland_086.isladuala). It's so frustrating as it's a great map and the kind of mission storyline I prefer, both either have AI enemy but no squad AI in single player or AI squad but no enemy AI in MP, I'm wanting to play this on LAN with squad and enemy AI. I know there's always online MP but I'm not good enough for that, yet / ever ? !!

Any ideas out there?

Regards,

12thSS

Do we have any good missions or campaign for tora bora? Anyone?

if you killed him game was over if he killed one of your team you joined him on his team. and now you have to kill 2 of them.

Try this... its close :)

[E&E30] Hide 'N' Seek

(Escape & Evasion)

I havent seen it mate but I definately remember the mission, just not the damn name!

Serial Killer?