sweguy96

User mission requests!

What kind of mission genre do you like best?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mission genre do you like best?

• Stealthy SpecOp missions
    • Assault missions where an army gorup attacks an objective
    • Pilot missions
    • Vehicle crew missions
    • Counter insurgency missions
    • Others

Hi everyone! I've read around for talk of Domi East, but I could hardly find a single word, until I found the actual release of 2.28 Domi East. I also found that it's only played on Russian servers, so the issue might be solved by posting on server forums. But...

I'd love to see someone update Domi East with newer features included in the recent releases. Though I suspect some features, like backpacks, may not work on opfor models, it'd still be nice to see things like more armor spawning in base.

Maybe it's not as old as I think it is, but I can't figure out why there isn't a single English speaking server hosting Domi East! To me it seems like a great challenge, and that was confirmed when I played on one of the Russian servers. Lack of communication can limit the fun, though. If I'm just being a dope and Domi east is just as updated as any other version, let me know and I'll get straight to requesting it on servers instead.

Thanks!

can someone do for me a mission like thomsonb Flashpoint or are there any surviving type mission like that?

I have a request for a SP/2-player coop mission, based on the game theHunter. Here's the scenario…

Early morning in rural Chernarus, you and your buddy wake up in your cabins. You eat breakfast and gather your provisions and head out in your trusty pick-up truck (or ATV). Today's mission - Going Huntin'

The way it should work is you and your buddy (if you're doing coop) are out in the early morning forests of Chernarus looking for wild animals to hunt. Rabbits, wild boar, wild goat (I really wish we had some deer addon to use). You're not allowed to hunt people's livestock…you do that you're liable to get an arse full of buckshot from some angry local (or he might call the cops).

In your cabin you should find a gun cabinet (ammo crate) that lets you choose your weapons for the hunt. Rifles, shotguns, pistols. - CZ550 Hunting Rifle, Lee-Enfield rifle, M1014 (with your choice of slug or shell ammo), Colt 1911 pistol or the revolver. If we wanna use some addons the Kolzice CZ584 is ideal, so would the Mauser Kar98K.

The map should be populated with ambient civs and maybe a few scripted civs you can talk to and a few driving to work (so it seems like the map is a real place). Maybe a local shop where you can go get some coffee and hints on where to find different game. I've noticed a lot of deer stands along the edge of fields on Chernarus…maybe those would be good locations to start looking.

As you hunt these animals you'd gain points, each one worth a different value depending on how challenging it is (I really wish we had a deer addon). You should definitely lose points for shooting at people's livestock. Shooting up people's cattle isn't very sporting (maybe trigger some cutscene where the local cops come and arrest you if you do this).

Variables should include time of day to start the hunt, weather, fog (maybe a dynamic weather & fog option for more realism). Mission should end when you've accumulated a set amount of points, or maybe a time limit. Also there could be an option in your action or radio menu to end the session whenever you like.

This would be more of a relaxing and exploring mission. Chernarus has some really beautiful countryside and would be a great place to go hunting in my opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really wish we had more wild animals (non-livestock) to hunt like deer, elk, turkey, duck, pheasant. We also need to improve 'wild animal' behavior. Most animals in ArmA2 are domesticated and just mill about unafraid of humans. They don't make very good animals to hunt…not very challenging shooting a cow standing in the middle of an open field. Wild animals should behave more like the rabbits. They tend to hide a lot and run away from humans if they detect you.

I really wish we had more wild animals (non-livestock) to hunt like deer, elk, turkey, duck, pheasant. We also need to improve 'wild animal' behavior. Most animals in ArmA2 are domesticated and just mill about unafraid of humans. They don't make very good animals to hunt…not very challenging shooting a cow standing in the middle of an open field. Wild animals should behave more like the rabbits. They tend to hide a lot and run away from humans if they detect you.

Then take this to the addons request thread!

how about a lost battalion type mission where about 150 americans are spread out and surrounded in a forrest and you have to link them up and lead patrols and what not

Black Forest is sort of like that, but with the CDF.

Anyone got a free Roleplay mission that i can use for MP?

@Woopy

RP-Mods has Chernarus Life Ultimate. You can role-play as a bicycle delivery guy, a truck driver, a bus driver, a lumberjack or a miner. Also a criminal or a police officer.

There's also Zargabad Life and City Life 2.

Hey I was wondering if there are any good air assault missions out there. Where you send in paratroopers and if need be you call in an air strike (Human). Oh and also there is a command station. Doesnt have to be exact but something like that anyone?

clandestine/covert ops mission pack.

probably focused on silent infiltration and long-lange and long-time reconnaissance tasks.

player infiltrate heavily fortified Chernarus island by [randomized at start]HALO drop from C-130, by low-level ejection seat usage from two-seat aircraft[probably would require Su24 add-on :-(], using Zodiac boat or diving underwater.

then process aside/thru[randomized] huge armed forces assets unnoticed/hunted to do random kind of mission, like activity monitoring or surgical strike and few [random]side-missions, probably triggered more or less frequently.

EVERY shot you fired raise enemy awareness, make you life harder, questioning mission completion itself, let alone you survival.

created with focus on replayablity and randomization, it could be good addition into map collection& coop version for both sides.

Edited by BasileyOne

I just had an idea for a MP mission. Sorry if this has already been suggested. How about:

Two teams- opfor & blufor. One member of each team is selected as the vip. Both teams must protect their vip while also trying to take out the enemy vip. They both start at their own bases and move from there. Any takers? :D

Walrus

Sounds good. I'd like to see a SP mission based on/around the movie Tears of the Sun--where a fire team is dropped in hostile territory in order to secure and extract a living target. Would be a good scenario for coop as well.

Hey guys!

I have been trying to find a re-make of this legendary original OFP demo ambush mission (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=38033), but no luck!

Please, W0lle or somebody, make my dream come true and port this mission to Arma 2 or Arma2 OA environment.

Your sincerely,

Cabby

I'm pretty sure it will be included or added later in CWR².

Also I think W0lle has a version of it somewhere.

Edited by bobtom
Misspelled God's name....

Hey guys!

I have been trying to find a re-make of this legendary original OFP demo ambush mission (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=38033), but no luck!

Please, W0lle or somebody, make my dream come true and port this mission to Arma 2 or Arma2 OA environment.

Your sincerely,

Cabby

Ambush! :p

Might still have issues though, it's really not an easy one to convert.

Thank you!

But, I think I remembered the wrong mission. ;/

The one in my mind was a convoy ambush mission. If I remember correctly, there was a helo insertion and then you set up your group above the hill and waited for the convoy (BMP, couple of troop transports, etc). It might have been a user made mission too. I just remember playing it over and over again. :)

BUT, there was a same kind of mission in Arma 1 (Ammo Convoy?). Any chance to get it converted, please?

-Cabby

There is one where you start on a hill alone and must ambush a convoy and then clear a nearby village with the help of two squads. It's called Bomberman and part of my CWC Classics package for Operation Arrowhead.

Ammo convoy shouldn't be too hard to convert I think, time is the big problem here currently. :)

Thanks again W0lle for pointing me to right direction! I'm going to download your package as soon as I get home from work.

And yes, I believe it was Bomberman all along what I was looking for. :D

I was a team leader in Finnish Frontier Guard, so I have a strong bias toward recon/guerilla warfare type of missions. If you find time to convert Ammo Convoy in some point, I'd be very grateful!

Cheers!

-Cabby

There is one where you start on a hill alone and must ambush a convoy and then clear a nearby village with the help of two squads. It's called Bomberman and part of my CWC Classics package for Operation Arrowhead.

Ammo convoy shouldn't be too hard to convert I think, time is the big problem here currently. :)

The Bomberman mission can be played in Cold War Rearmed²'s winter release.

I'm not that skilled in making missions, so if somebody could help:

Team A has to infiltrate a complex or a base (something with good cover, maybe build something new in the editor) and rescue a hostage, or pick up a briefcase and take it back to a specific location at the start.

It's not counterstrike, god no..the distance from Infiltration team should be some clicks away, and the team has to plan the attack first. Defending team has to position sniping guys, so does team A.

So it's like : when are they coming, from where are they coming. Norrins revive should be in there. If all defenders die , round is done. But that should be hard cause they have much better cover.

I think that would be pretty cool, with using smoke, different tactics and stuff..

and maybe a script for hitting an alarm button when you've spotted somebody for the immersion :)

I got a bunch of ideas for missons, cept I suck at making them!!!

Here they are:

1) Zargabad citizens are tired of their current president. They want to assinate them. They must do odd jobs for citizens such as find a UN convoy and protect from an ambush. From there the UN sends them to a SpecOps squad who arms them and gives them intel on an Military officer who is a deserter and knows the location of the President. From there they must ambush him and assasinate the president.

2) NATO SpecOps force sent in to take out Gaddafi in Libya

3) Duala Misson - Seals sent into to take out a cell of Somli pirates

4) Fun Misson - 3 Hunting buddies are hunting in CHernarus. One goes to go pee and gets captured by an Insurgent group. Armed with only Cz550s they must rescue their buddy.

I'm still looking for Evolution.

I don't like GITS as it is BAF and BAF sucks.

Could someone please be kind enough to make a regular Evolution that is equivalent to the one I previously mentioned as being in A1.