Sign in to follow this  
phaeden

Where to Upload?

Does anyone know where I can upload my island files?

I haven't had a chance to work on it in almost a year and would love to upload what I have so people can have it (and potentially take over working on it to bring it to full completion). I can upload the actual island and associated file and then I can upload the work-in-progress files.

The island file is over a Gig. The work-in-progress is even bigger.

Thanks,

Phaeden

Here is a link to some videos of the island:

lAwlSEFyiII

Hi Phaeden!

Me & Beton have used mediafire quite successfully for swapping big archives while developing our summerplants project... I think their max filesize is around 250/300mb so you'd have to do a split archive like we did... slight fuss but works OK, and Mediafire generally seems fairly hassle-free... probably the best of the free file hosters...

Alternatively, you could maybe have a word with Foxhound or one of the other Armaholic team - they're often helpful with file hosting...

B

I use dropbox for all my needs. You get 2GB storage and you can upload directly from you computer. You can also share folders and sync files with multiple computers. :cool:

Lots of customs things. I re-zipped it and it is now just under 600 MB.

Cool.

You probably already realise, but if you are also passing over the whole project for others, you shouldnt need to include the Layers directory. That will save a bunch of upload.

Ok, I'll get it up as soon as I get to a spot where I have good internet (I travel full time now).