joehunk

Warfare BE: ACE Edition

That's strange because i'm playing it atm without any problems. Before starting the game just wait for a bit while on the map screen and make sure all the towns and camps are refreshed. It takes between 5 to 10 seconds on mine. I did notice on my Takistan version i didn't have a initJIPCompatible.sqf. As soon as i've finished typing this i'm uploading them as i've renamed them to 2.071.

I can show a video of it working if that helps but i can assure you it works because i'm playing now on Chernarus, the Ai has captured 3 towns and still going! :confused:

**LINKS ABOVE UPDATED** 2.071

It was the Takistan map i played... will try it again. Thanks :-)

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

works fine now, thanks again :-)

It was the Takistan map i played... will try it again. Thanks :-)

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

works fine now, thanks again :-)

No worries. It was my fault. :)

**UPDATE**

Right, i've updated the files again and removed the spectate part as it was playing up and i could see the resistance, east & west sides.

Updated files at 12.57pm today's date!

Oh and i would like to thank Joehunk, Wildfire, MrNiceGuy and of course Benny. Thanks guys, without you i wouldn't be playing this at all! ;)

:)

Edited by Law-Giver

Yeah I noticed this issue. I will see if I can get a fix this weekend.

Update!

Okay I got 1.7 out, which has the fix to the Tactical menu not coming up. Enjoy! Link to download on original post.

EDIT:

Ack! Messed up zip file...fix incoming in a few.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Okay link is fixed now. I had accidentally just zipped the raw mission files instead of the .pbos. The link now points to the good stuff.

Edited by Joehunk

I might have an issue here.When taking towns some AI (well most of them) just stays in town and do nothing.The town they seem to get stock has been fully captured ( like 50 out of 50 ) but even when i make them suicide they spawn there again, usually near bunkers and refuse to obey any orders, like go take towns or move command...It wouldn't bother in the start of the game but it seems like they still being ''stuck'' even when im trough half of the game and got like half of the map.

Any ideas what can I do about that?

I'm using only required mods to run BE warfare (2.071) ACE + latest beta and play on my own PC, so no dedicated.

Also thanks for making ACE BE warfare and keep up the good job ;)

I might have an issue here.When taking towns some AI (well most of them) just stays in town and do nothing.The town they seem to get stock has been fully captured ( like 50 out of 50 ) but even when i make them suicide they spawn there again, usually near bunkers and refuse to obey any orders, like go take towns or move command...It wouldn't bother in the start of the game but it seems like they still being ''stuck'' even when im trough half of the game and got like half of the map.

Any ideas what can I do about that?

I'm using only required mods to run BE warfare (2.071) ACE + latest beta and play on my own PC, so no dedicated.

Also thanks for making ACE BE warfare and keep up the good job ;)

Correct me if i'm wrong but check the game parameters like (Towns: Occupation) & (Towns: Occupation Reinforcements) and disable them and try the game again.

On top of that there are still some bugs, but no doubt Benny will fix any serious issues. Best to post on his forum with any mission issues. Hope that helps! ;)

Here's the Parameter descriptions:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/wiki/Parameters

Edited by Law-Giver

Hello...

When I play Warfare BE when I die My AI dis-activate so to speak until I am re spawned

but

When I play Warfare BE ACE when I die the AI take control of my squad which causes alot of problems ... Like me loosing control of the squad and my ai drivers being orderd to disembark etc etc etc

Am I the only one who experiences this ?

Yeah that has happened to me too (AI taking control when I die). It's certainly not anything I did to cause that behavior. Must just be something odd about the way ACE interacts with it. If I can figure out what's causing it, I'll try to fix it.

As far as the AI "giving up", this has been an issue for as long as I can remember, and it seems to have little rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I have not touched the AI code from what it looks like in base warfare BE, and I haven't really learned how to program ArmA AI either, so I can't do much to fix it if bugs are there.

I asked Benny about this problem with the ace version of warfare

here is his reply

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?82201-Warfare-BE-(Benny-Edition)&p=2099981&viewfull=1#post2099981

so maybe the wounds is causing the AI to not disable but see you as dead and so take control ?

This version has ACE Wounds.

Chernarus, Takistan, Utes, Yapal & Zargabad. All in one zip file!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28136044/WarfareBE_2.071_Wounds.7z

I've removed ACE Wounds completely, although you could've disabled it. ;)

Chernarus, Takistan, Utes, Yapal & Zargabad. All in one zip file!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28136044/WarfareBE_2.071_No_Wounds.7z

I've since added:

West.

P8 - Pistol.

SIG P226 - Pistol.

MUG Lite.

Bouncing Betty - Anti personnel.

Claymore - Anti personnel.

M4Slam - Explosive.

M7A3 - CS Grenade.

Balaklava's ** Don't ask me why!

Gasmask.

East.

Bouncing Betty - Explosive.

Gasmask.

MUG Lite.

Balaklava's ** Don't ask me why!

Mon 50 - Anti personnel.

Pomz2 - Anti personnel.

RG60A - CS Grenade.

Might add other Islands later and may also add Wounds version at some point. Or not at all as Joehunk has his up and i'm only really editing for personal use. :D

Any problems, see a Doctor! :p

**ANOTHER UPDATE** 14/02/2012

Added Ace Javelin & CLU.

**How to use buy and use the Javelin.**

Buy FGM-148 CLU & FGM-148 Javelin and put FGM-148 Javelin on back. Select Gear (G) and put FGM-148 Javelin in hands. Close Gear then select FGM-148 Javelin in scroll menu and then finally load M98A1 CLU. And follow hints as BL1P has stated on page 40.

FGM-148 CLU is $150

FGM-148 Javelin is $550

Edited by Law-Giver

Try this, i've removed ACE Wounds. I've only done Chernarus, but will do the others if it has resolved the problem. ;)

http://pub.300.mg/wInHYR

Ill give it a try in a in

Thanks

You didn't need to do that :) You can turn off ACE wounds in my version of the mission with a parameter (Parameters button when launching the mission).

Also I spent a bit doing some research into the AI "giving up" issue, which TBH is the issue that bothers me personally most about this mission. I was able to find a couple issues. One was the AI was having trouble buying upgrades, which I fixed, but that did not make the problem go away completely. I traced the problem into the AI module that Benny uses as part of the mission. I am not sure if it's a bug in there or a bug in the way ACE interacts with it. What I do know is that if you turn on the UPSMON option, it makes the problem go away.

So I am going to do what Law Giver did and update UPSMON to the latest, then I am going to make it the default and also make ACE Wounds off the default (you can turn it on if you want). I'll be releasing in a little bit.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Update!

Okay I fixed the AI purchasing issues with ACE, and changes UPSMON to the default AI. This seems to make the AI work very well, and it never "gives up." It's like a whole different game!!

I also made ACE wounds not the default (normal wounds is now the default). You can still turn ACE Wounds back on via a parameter.

See original post for download link.

See original post for download link.

Hi Joe, when downloading your file it seems to be corrupt. I downloaded it twice and no joy. :confused:

The Ai still doing nothing, well most of them.I tried to run dedi server on my own PC, played with all of the parameters available, disabled balancing units etc..but the AI still either stay in along ago captured town OR just gather around base near MHQ like they're guarding that thing.I always act as commander but even when i send them to move/take towns the refuse and stay AFK like all around the base...

If I make them respawn they just spawn at the same place but the weird thing; when i shoot around or even kill some of my own Ai, SOME of them like wake up and do their stuff, some just spawn and stay there as they were...

I even experienced some of the AI squads, which actually are on the move to overtake town, just stop for right before entering the it and stop moving, just standing and doing nothing.

The weird thing is when I suppress or even engage them, SOME of the AI ''wakes up'' and do their stuff...

I really have no idea whats going on..anyone else seen any behaviour like that??

Cheers

Edited by Bee8190

Darnit, you're right Law Giver, it's corrupt. I'll have to take the link down until I can get home and fix it. Sorry.

Bee8190, not sure what the problem is. The problem you are describing is exactly the sort of thing you will see if UPSMON is turned off, so is it possible you never enabled that parameter properly? Could you maybe post a screen shot of your Parameters screen? I tested extensively with the UPSMON option turned on and the AI worked flawlessly the whole time. I ran one test for a few hours and it never failed.

Once I get the non-corrupt version of 1.8 posted, you should just be able to use the parameters as the default values and have it all work. I may even just go ahead and set UPSMON to always on and not even give the option to turn it off...

Darnit, you're right Law Giver, it's corrupt. I'll have to take the link down until I can get home and fix it. Sorry.

Corruption is the root of all evil! That's 50 lashes and 200 hail Mary's! :)

Hail Mary, full of grace, blessed is...erm...blessed is... Ah, hell I was raised Baptist what do I know. Here's the good file (linked in the OP).

Hi guys im using the warfare version with ace chux 1.8 and everytime i set up the params and starts the game the screen just says loading and stays blank for ages until i leave and rejoin but then im miles away from hq with no warfare menus.

Nvm for some reason it only happens on LAN game, i have noticed that easa never seems to work on the a-10 is it supposed to be like that?

I have not looked at the EASA configs, it's possible they need work.

Hey guys,

Has anyone else been having issues with the Javelin launcher? When I lock onto a target and fire, the missile simply vanishes from my perspective. Watching another player in the server, the missile takes off at the upward angle the launcher rests when firing and disappears (regardless of Dir/Above fire mode).

Also, excuse my lack of knowledge on AT weapons, but is the NLAW supposed to be so weak? As in, sometimes taking 2-3 hits to destroy a T-34? It seems there is certainly a substantial difference in performance between Warfare BE and then with ACE on.

Thanks.

Can i configure this like with the multiplayer parameters if i'm playing singleplayer? The reason i don't just play a singleplayer multiplayer game is that i want one life and no repsawns, but if i can turn that off(player respawning) in multiplayer i'll do that?

And can i change the roles/skins? For example i would rather have an entire team of team leaders leading squads rather than medics and engineers

Edited by batch

Can i configure this like with the multiplayer parameters if i'm playing singleplayer?

If you want to play this game single player, launch it as a multiplayer game, and give your server a password so random people cannot join it. If you do that, it will bring you to a launch screen where you can adjust parameters.

Has anyone else been having issues with the Javelin launcher? When I lock onto a target and fire, the missile simply vanishes from my perspective. Watching another player in the server, the missile takes off at the upward angle the launcher rests when firing and disappears

I have not tried the Javelin recently. I'll give it a shot when I get a chance. All I can say is I have not done anything to the Javelin, so if there's a problem with it, it could be an ACE bug. Have you tried using the Javelin in another ACE mission to see if it gives the same behavior?

Also, excuse my lack of knowledge on AT weapons, but is the NLAW supposed to be so weak? As in, sometimes taking 2-3 hits to destroy a T-34? It seems there is certainly a substantial difference in performance between Warfare BE and then with ACE on.

Keep in mind with ACE on, the vehicle damage system is completely overhauled. The base game uses a very simplistic "hit points" based model for vehicle damage that does not model armor thickness, slope, or location based damage. You could for instance shoot a 9mm pistol at the front armor of an M1 and eventually kill it if you were very, very patient. ACE models actual armor penetration, so depending on where you hit a modern tank with an AT rocket, it may do no or minimal damage. The only AT systems that are guaranteed kills on other tanks are smart missiles that attack the weak top armor such as the Javelin or Hellfire. TOWs are also usually enough to kill anything just based on raw power. Anything else (including the smaller Russian SACLOS missiles like the Metis) you have to be careful about what side you attack from. If the tank has reactive armor (another thing modeled in ACE but not in the base game), it can usually defeat the first couple AT rocket shots as well before being expended. Using the tandem HEAT round on the RPG-7 or RPG-29 (only available in ACE) can defeat reactive armor.

EDIT:

Hm Wikipedia says the NLAW does have a top-attack mode. I do not know if this is modeled in ACE. If so, that should kill most tanks on the first shot.

The javelin works fine in ACE and in warfare you must make sure that :-

1 you have the CLU

2 you have the tube

3 that you switch to thermal mode by pressing n

4 that you zoom once by pressing NUM +

if ya do all that while looking at a target it will start beeping then lock at which point it will make a lock notification noise also it has recticles that lock around the target

its top down only as far as i can tell

5 press fire

The NLAW is very weak in ace compared to Vanilla