joehunk

Warfare BE: ACE Edition

Thats exactly, what i've been searching for. Latest Benny's warfare with ACE. Thank you for uploading this. If you would someday add more maps, I would be most grateful!

Thanks again!

Unfortunately your the only person that has responded or such. With all the hours I spent reading each line, finding little ace variables and ace specific stuff in every file, and the custom stuff I had to add.... I decided that the output didnt justify the input.

Unfortunately my work on this has been canned. Better to save my efforts for future projects I guess. Sorry dude, thanks for saying though.

Oh yeah dont get me wrong its not that people arent playing it, they have been downloaded maybe 50 times(which isnt many), its just not one person commented or said thank you or gave any feedback whatsoever.

Edited by WildFire6

Lately every time I try and create a lan game I keep getting the black screen that says loading may take a while screen and the mission never loads? Why is it doing this.

Just about finished porting to 2.07 So far I have a workable Fallujah, Lingor, and Zargabad. And the others will only take a little bit to convert. There was a ton I had to add and modify and figure out using Joe's previous versions and Benny's stuff.

A couple things to note prior to release.

-I have added two new parameters. ACE wounds and stamina. Without stamina backpacks are disabled. I tried to implement the ACEwounds death camera, however its buggy and it doesnt seem to be working properly. I might remove it depends of what folks are saying, in any case you can hit escape and poor man revive without penalty although sometimes the code gets fubared and youll end up at the holding point on that map. You can always respawn again though and keep your gear. No biggie.

-The nearest AI if fairly close will come and revive you, so thats pretty cool.

-Can full heal in the field.

-Backpacks after purchased you must buy them, or store the loadout with the backpack in the weapononback slot or it wont be saved or respawned correctly. Couldnt figure out why... So put it on your back and hit buy again once youve got everything you want in it correctly.

-Ace gear menu is slightly modified but completely works. You can switch teammates on the upper right above you main slots using the arrows.

-Most Ace gear is loaded except for the CSW's. I put them in the config but I havent worked out all the bugs there if anyone knows give me a shout.

-New squad templates have been created. They are ACE infantry level 1, 2, and 3, motorized ACE, and ACE mechanized level 1 and 2. No change in the armor department.

Thats all I can think of for now. Unfortunatly the bug where AI squads spawn like the whole chinese army even though theyre only supposed to be able to spawn 12 or so really kills it, but hopefully he'll fix it eventually and I can throw that in here. Heres a quick preview so you guys can give it a shot and give me some feedback.

Oh and youll need McNools TierOne operators, cause I like them and thats what I used. Its my party.

-Fallujah

http://www.mediafire.com/?flwm05z39i2rtnc

-Lingor

http://www.mediafire.com/?kggkamc3sdqz75t

Gimme feedback...

-Wild

eagerly awaiting for this on cherno, sahrani and takistan

needs normal units dough

Wild don't give up! Your work is really appreciated! The thing is I don't know if we are even able to get somoene, if at all anyone, to convert the warfare maps to be compatible with ACE. Your the only one that I know of that is still doing the conversions, now that Joehunk is gone. It would be awesome if you can convert the remaining maps. I don't have much experience with Fallujah or Lingor so I can't say much about that. However, I was waiting and hoping you could do the Taki map or even Cherno, whatever you prefer (I'd pick Takistan tho xD).

Thanks.

Thanks WildFire6, this is awesome. Downloaded Lingor ripped out the TierOne operators and made Zargabad, Utes & Chernarus. Took about 10 mins to do. Gonna do Takistan soon, but got work tonight and this weekend. :(

Had a quick go on Utes and got my @ss kicked! LOL!!!!!! ;)

I LOVE THIS.

But one problem: Whenever you respawn, for ex: On Chenarus, you spawn on the little island in the corner, NOT ON THE BASE!!!!

How do I fix this? IS there a way to fix this?

last thing, I love the gametype, if I haven't said it already.

I LOVE THIS.

But one problem: Whenever you respawn, for ex: On Chenarus, you spawn on the little island in the corner, NOT ON THE BASE!!!!

How do I fix this? IS there a way to fix this?

I've been playing mine and it never happened to me. What version are you using? ;)

Here, try mine. But note, i removed walls from the factories and MHQ i prefer a harder game with more risks. I removed the TierOne Operators, never like addons to be forced apart from ACE 2 that is. I moved a button or two over to the left in the GUI, (On back i think).

Plus a few other little things. I also moved all the town camps, respawns & depots so that they're on flat areas. Always found that annoying, spawning in a bloody forest! Also note that this is my own private edit so if there's something you don't like......TOUGH! :)

Links removed!

Let me know if it's ok and i might upload Utes & Zargabad. All credit to Benny & his motley crew and WildFire6. Thanks guys. :)

Edited by Law-Giver
Update Links!

Oh i also have the none ACE versions of the same Islands. Gonna tidy Takistan up, ACE & none ACE, and probably post them all. Can't wait 'til Benny releases his next masterpiece. Right gotta get to bed, worked last night, back in tonight. :(

I've been playing mine and it never happened to me. What version are you using? ;)

Here, try mine. But note, i removed walls from the factories and MHQ i prefer a harder game with more risks. I removed the TierOne Operators, never like addons to be forced apart from ACE 2 that is. I moved a button or two over to the left in the GUI, (On back i think).

Plus a few other little things. I also moved all the town camps, respawns & depots so that they're on flat areas. Always found that annoying, spawning in a bloody forest! Also note that this is my own private edit so if there's something you don't like......TOUGH! :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28136044/WarfareBE_070_ACE.Chernarus.pbo

Let me know if it's ok and i might upload Utes & Zargabad. All credit to Benny & his motley crew and WildFire6. Thanks guys. :)

Thanks man, I'll try it now. Owe you a million.

I would LOVE utes and Zarggy.

Thanks again.

Thanks man, I'll try it now. Owe you a million.

I would LOVE utes and Zarggy.

Thanks again.

No worries, we are a community after all. I'm at work atm so will post a link when I get home in the morning. And Takistan in a day or two. Hope Chernarus is playing ok. ;)

No worries, we are a community after all. I'm at work atm so will post a link when I get home in the morning. And Takistan in a day or two. Hope Chernarus is playing ok. ;)

Course it does, till it crashed. But my game always crashes once in a while. Thanks again.

Course it does, till it crashed. But my game always crashes once in a while. Thanks again.

No worries. Chernarus is a bit of a beast to play. It's bound to bring some PC's to their knees. Luckily not had that problem for a while, threatening my PC with death usually helps! ;)

Anyway before i eat my much loved breakfast, here's all four. These are basically Wildfire6's ACE conversion, converted to these islands. Version 070.

Links removed!

I find Utes is a lot of fun for such a small map, because it's in your face from the onset! When i've tidied up Takistan, moving camps etc to flat locations i'll upload that as well. ;)

Right breakfast and some beer later. ;)

And before i forget. All credit to Benny & his motley crew and WildFire6. Thanks guys.

Edited by Law-Giver
Update Links!

Greetings for the first time!

I would like to inform you that the commander vote is not working at all.... what happens is that you can click to be commander or not to be, after that it is final... just a heads up!:)

Greetings for the first time!

I would like to inform you that the commander vote is not working at all.... what happens is that you can click to be commander or not to be, after that it is final... just a heads up!

Greetings to you. That may be intentional or possibly a bug. Personally i think either way it's a good thing. I mean make your mind up, you're either commander or you're not. No biggie as far as i'm concerned. ;)

it is a big problem when i play on lan all the time... i love ace and all the addons but i cant be commander and fight at the same time so i change commander spots at least 12 times a game, Btw it did run when i cheated and put it in single player missions, the only bug there is when i got pawned by a resistance tank i cant respawn, its like the editor missions, so i know it was a script problem... the max ammount of people on my server is 2, me and my bro so it is hard to command troops and fight too, but anyway i was just keeping you up to date!

Thanks,

Tyler Swearingen

the max ammount of people on my server is 2, me and my bro so it is hard to command troops and fight too, but anyway i was just keeping you up to date!

Yeah i'm the same mate, i play with my son and/or my mate but not on LAN, mine is set as internet. I heard some people having problems on LAN. I never bother to play as commander as i like to get in the thick of it. Killing and being killed is much more fun.

Also when i said earlier:

I mean make your mind up, you're either commander or you're not.

It wasn't directed at you, it was a comment meant at no-one in particular. Apologies if you thought it was directed at you tylerswearingen.

Benny will hopefully release an updated fixed version at some point. Personally i haven't had any problems but i don't play it as in depth as most. I'm a point and shoot and you better die sort of person. :)

Jon ;)

It wasn't directed at you, it was a comment meant at no-one in particular. Apologies if you thought it was directed at you tylerswearingen.

Benny will hopefully release an updated fixed version at some point. Personally i haven't had any problems but i don't play it as in depth as most. I'm a point and shoot and you better die sort of person. :)

Jon ;)

me too, i just end up spraying the whole place, and dont forget the tank spamming!:)

i knew that, one last thing... i just figured out that i had the latest version of everything, and it needed an older one, so im going to reinstall the mods the way the instructions say... i hate it when steam forces updates and never tells me about it:coop:

No worries. Chernarus is a bit of a beast to play. It's bound to bring some PC's to their knees. Luckily not had that problem for a while, threatening my PC with death usually helps! ;)

Anyway before i eat my much loved breakfast, here's the other two.

UTES:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28136044/WarfareBE_070_ACE.Utes.pbo

ZARGABAD:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28136044/WarfareBE_070_ACE.Zargabad.pbo

I find Utes is a lot of fun for such a small map, because it's in your face from the onset! When i've tidied up Takistan, moving camps etc to flat locations i'll upload that as well. ;)

Right breakfast and some beer later. ;)

And before i forget. All credit to Benny & his motley crew and WildFire6. Thanks guys.

Thanks for the map, but there is ONE problem. The Respawning does not work? On all of your maps, I respawn on some desolate island instead of base... Help me with this?

Thanks for the map, but there is ONE problem. The Respawning does not work? On all of your maps, I respawn on some desolate island instead of base... Help me with this?

I've played all of them and i don't have that problem. I play them almost every day so i don't know why that's happening to you. I've not touched any scripts that alter the game play. Strange!

My son was playing Utes yesterday on his PC and he also spawned properly every time. Running the latest ACE 2, ArmA2 OA. When i play it i play in Multiplayer and host on Internet not LAN. Other than that i don't know why it's happening to you. Sorry! Also i play my non ACE versions and again, spawn properly! ;)

I'll fire it up and host on LAN and see if i spawn properly. ;)

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

@Gamerboy

I just fired up ACE 2 and played my ACE 2 versions and played Utes & Chernarus. Every time i died i respawned as i should do, at whichever location i chose.

I then fired up ArmA2 OA without ACE 2 and played the none ACE 2 versions of Utes and Chernarus. Again, everytime i died i respawned as i should do, again at whichever location i chose. I couldn't reproduce the problem you have or an explanation. I played hosting on LAN and Internet and played fine!

Verdict: Confused! :confused:

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

My ACE 2 addon's list:

@acre

@jayarmalib

@cba

@asr_camo_oa

@sthud

@stmovement

@zeu_ai_ace

And ACE 2 as well. The latest version updated through six updater. Hope that helps. ;)

My friend claims that there is no Ka-50 in the buy menu. Could it be added? :)

Is the KA-50 working in ace yet? Last time I tried was 1.12RC, but it just CTD'ed saying there was no model/missing model.

Is the KA-50 working in ace yet? Last time I tried was 1.12RC, but it just CTD'ed saying there was no model/missing model.

There's a KA-50 Hokum A, KA52 Hokum B & KA-52 Black. Just checked in the editor for you. All running fine. ACE 1.13rc3 ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

There's a KA-50 Hokum A, KA52 Hokum B & KA-52 Black. Just checked in the editor for you. All running fine. ACE 1.13rc3 ;)

I know it's in the unit list, but it actually works when you place it down now? If so, hot damn!