joehunk

Warfare BE: ACE Edition

yes thats my server, PM me if u wana do some test i got a few players willing and voice comes, the server is 8 cores and 48GB with a 100mb connection, but most are expert gamers but noob Arma players if u know what i mean.

If not already, can the PRC-119's in ACE be added since they are cross compatible with ACRE. We use ACRE, just not the ACRE models so as to avoid locking players who dont have ACRE from the server.

I tested Fallujah last night and it never desync'ed for me. Note that when I say "desync", I am referring to the "Desync" stat that appears when you select "Players" on the map to look at their net stats. I am not referring to "warping" which is a different thing. I did see a couple of AI's warp even at close range on Fallujah, much more noticeable than on other maps. My guess is that this is just because Fallujah is a pretty heavy duty map and/or has lots of cap points close together so more AI's are spawned.

Also SirScorp mentioned to me in a PM that the desyncs tend to happen when someone joins. This is definitely true for me (although I just see heavy lag not a desync). I will often get the "red broken chain" icon for a short time when someone joins. Historically Warfare BE has had join-in-progress issues with ACE, to where some early versions of my mission would not JIP at all. I think it just has some heavy duty setup that temporarily starves the server.

I got a hold of woore's mission and grabbed the updated EASA config. I'll be making a new release with that this weekend most likely.

yep did more tests, dysinc is what is under the player status. it has something to do with squad leader AI and what they are doing for sure. we did one without them and it ran smooth as butter Evin when all the city resistance was light up.

also found another bug which is u can spwan more than 3 guys in your squad. tested on different maps but still have that. it seems from what i see on the issue list on .69 WF BE that the first 2 parameters are broken "AI Leaders will spawn more than what u set them to be, and ur squad number will be 3" wish those can be fixed easily"

also if u can grap the Items files from woores that will be great he added allot of units to the buy menu

Joehunk, what do you know about action called "ask autor's permission?"

Woore you posted earlier in this thread, right after I posted my 2.069 update:

EASA configs are still bugged

I took that as a request to fix it, and sort of tacit permission to roll in your fix that already existed (as an alternative to the rather silly option of replicating your fix from scratch myself). I apologize for not asking. I thought it reasonable to expect no objections after you used the gear interface I wrote in your mission. Was I mistaken?

You may use it, if you'll use more parts from my mission, as configs, etc., just add my name to the description, "by Benny,...". Just simple decorum. I've tried to ask for your menu, but you was out of community))

Edited by woore

Update!

A couple bug fixes.

1. Incorporated woore's EASA fix, thank you. I added you to the credit line.

2. Javelin CLU is now available for purchase

Woore I looked at your configs, and they should not be too hard to pull in. Your code is structured a little differently than mine so it was not as simple as pulling in the EASA which was just a single file replace. I'll get to them as soon as I can block out more time, but I wanted to get the bug fixes out ASAP.

See OP for link.

Update!

A couple bug fixes.

1. Incorporated woore's EASA fix, thank you. I added you to the credit line.

2. Javelin CLU is now available for purchase

Woore I looked at your configs, and they should not be too hard to pull in. Your code is structured a little differently than mine so it was not as simple as pulling in the EASA which was just a single file replace. I'll get to them as soon as I can block out more time, but I wanted to get the bug fixes out ASAP.

See OP for link.

Thank you much Joe for the update. Not sure if you caught my previous but it would help a heck of a lot if the PRC119 rucks could be added to all the teams. Im always having to edit the mission and put them in.

Our organizations server is now running your warfare 24/7 and likely will until we get a second public server here shortly.

Not much, I've just not divided ACEX and Vanilla equipment and vehicles, and haven't used WF_ACE parameter.

Also, check squad core, it's a bit different then in 2.068.

Edited by woore

Thank you much Joe for the update. Not sure if you caught my previous but it would help a heck of a lot if the PRC119 rucks could be added to all the teams. Im always having to edit the mission and put them in.

Our organizations server is now running your warfare 24/7 and likely will until we get a second public server here shortly.

I will try to get woore's stuff rolled in this weekend and I'll do the radio at the same time. What cost/tech level do you put it at?

And in which equipment slot do you need them, because one(or a few) ACRE radios use a second weapon slot.

I will try to get woore's stuff rolled in this weekend and I'll do the radio at the same time. What cost/tech level do you put it at?

Well it would be great if all soldiers btw start with ItemRadio, but if they have to buy it that is fine. Item radio by default becomes the PRC343 for those running ACRE.

We do not use ACRE models for the reason that we do not want to require players without ACRE from joining our server. We take advantage of the fact that the PRC119's in ACE are cross compatible. However for those who want to use ACRE radios maybe you could have a param to enable the use of ACRE Radios. Besides that the ACE_PRC119's can easily be added even without much work.

For ACE_PRC119 and variants (ie ACU, MAR,) I was setting it so you would have to do gear level 1 upgrade which everyone felt was perfect. If you do the ACRE integration of radios by param (which we will probably not use for our public) then I would recommend having the PRC119 and PRC148VHF available on Gear 1, and the PRC117F, PRC148UHF and PRC152 all available at gear 2 upgrade. I could also put it out there for you guys to decide but maybe the PRC117F could be on Gear 3.

Also it would be cool if you could implement this. However if you do please have it separate from the ACRE radios param (if you even do it) beciuase it can still work if a group uses the cross compatibility with ACE Radios if (like my group) do not want to use ACRE Radios.

@Woore

The PRC119's use the secondary slot (and can be put on the back to). If you add the ACRE implementation option then the 117 would also go on the secondary slot. The PRC148's and PRC152 would go in the item slots where item radio (aka PRC343) would go.

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Class_Names_and_API

acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic

Parameters: Position, Frequency, Frequency, Power

Example: [[0,0,0], 80.025, 81.025, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;

Return Value: Boolean

Description: Creates a static, non-moving retransmission point at the specified position that retransmits from the first frequency, to the second frequency and in reverse as well (ie: transmissions on 80.025 will be heard on 81.025 and vica versa). All retransmission will be done at the specified power. Do not use the same frequency for both frequency values!

acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj

Parameters: RadioType, Object, Frequency, Frequency, Power

Example: [ "ACRE_PRC117F", someObject, 80.025, 81.025, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

Return Value: Boolean

Description: Creates a retransmission point which will be attached to the provided object that retransmits from the first frequency, to the second frequency and in reverse as well (ie: transmissions on 80.025 will be heard on 81.025 and vica versa). All retransmission will be done at the specified power. Do not use the same frequency for both frequency values!

Maybe you could develop a way for players to construct (with repair truck) and illum tower or another ACE/BIS object (dont use ACRE OE_303 as this again would require the use of ACRE) and set the two frequencies? This would be really cool.

Again even if you choose to look at this I completely understand it is something that will come in steps. For us the big priority is just getting the ACE_PRC119's put in, and maybe have it so all units always start with the ItemRadio. Thank you very much for the effort you guys are putting into this.

With our current server running your warfare (with my current edits) we hope to show that even though Warfare has generally been a game that consist of a ton of "lonewolves", it can be played and setup in a way that encourages that teamwork and cooperation. The use of ACRE on our TS3 and the need to upgrade to get radios has made people realize that communication can mean everything in a engagement.

Very good work gentlemen.

Hi Joehunk,

Any chance of a version of SgtAce's Everon that we could play on? I really enjoy Warfare on Everon but I also really want to play it with your version of ACE Warfare.

In case you don't already have it, you can get Everon here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7913

One thing that might help - the regular version of Warfare BE already contains this map so perhaps this might be easier for you to convert than starting from scratch.

Thought I'd ask anyway. Keep up the great work. :)

Edited by Munger

Also to add. Let me know if I can be of any assistance for testing, or if you could use any number of members of our organizational for testing. We would be more than happy to help if you feel you could use it.

Actually if you are modding my mission to put in the radios, what would help most is for you to send me the code or tell me where I can get it. I can then roll it into my mission and of course credit you. Although I am gathering enough contributors that I may have to put the credits on a web page instead of the 1-liner in the mission itself!

Is there 068 version of this ace benny mission? 069 needs to be dedicated and wont work cause i cant host dedi server :C

i need 068 version if there is please? i found 060 version but i'm scared it is bugged.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Is there 068 version of this ace benny mission? 069 needs to be dedicated and wont work cause i cant host dedi server :C

i need 068 version if there is please? i found 060 version but i'm scared it is bugged.

nvm got it. i'm drunk atm :D

I skipped 0.68. Would the 0.67 version work for you?

Also, I host a dedicated server on my home PC whenever I host a game (on the same PC I run the client), just because it seems to make things run smoother.

Also, I have gotten busy recently which is why I haven't been able to release more ACE goodies, but I am still here.

Also, I have gotten busy recently which is why I haven't been able to release more ACE goodies, but I am still here.

Thanks Joe, I take it you got my PM.

Hello, does anyone know if there are any dedicatedserver files floating around for this?

This meaning BE Ace edition 2.069. I have been trying to get this working for 2 - 3 hours now but I am out of guesses. All I have left is my frustration.

With dedicatedserver files I meant them textfiles one needs for the server.

I don't understand how it works.

Hm, am I blind now or has fallujah been removed? If so, why?

Any servers running this?