joehunk

Warfare BE: ACE Edition

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know I have been away from Arma for a couple months now. Glad to hear everyone is still playing my mission. Upgrading the ACE mission to a new version of the Warfare BE code base is a little tough. I'll see if I can block out some time to do it, but I can't promise a time frame. The code is free for anyone else to use and modify (and re-release) if they want so knock yourself out.

As for the AI, it has been glitchy pretty much forever. It seemed to improve when I upgraded to the 2.067 code base but was still not perfect. The AI code is extremely dense and I think it's pretty much up to Benny himself to maintain it, since I have never been able to block out the time to go up the learning curve on it.

Hi there,

im new to this kind of gameplay and would like to know if there is a manual to answer some questions to gameplay? I started, took some guys to my squad and took seize next town. Ok, so far i got money and bought other stuff and an M119. How can i use arty? Than i die and have to start again with no money and no eqipment, my trucks and so on. Is the other way to respawn and get all beck u have bought before? I know this are beginners questions but have not found answer in the forum. why can i just save one time and than this options is disabled? I have to say this kind of gameplay is great. Thank you!!!!!

best regards

Longbow

I've already made 2.068 BE with ACE (I have used your gear menu,Joehunk,is that a problem?).

Added almost all weapons and vehicles,reworked EASA config,reworked dynamic income formula,LF and HF now with 5-level upgrades system (0,1,2,3,4),javelin_CLU added to loadouts list,aded some WASP scripts(have a permission),etc

Edited by woore

I've already made 2.068 BE with ACE (I have used your gear menu,Joehunk,is that a problem?).

Added almost all weapons and vehicles,reworked EASA config,reworked dynamic income formula,LF and HF now with 5-level upgrades system (0,1,2,3,4),javelin_CLU added to loadouts list,aded some WASP scripts(have a permission),etc

could you upload this? I would love to play in a small circle of friends, with ace! Pretty please :)

Sure, but a bit later. Also would be nice to merge efforts with Joehunk. You can see mission now on WASP ACE server

Edited by woore

could you upload this? I would love to play in a small circle of friends, with ace! Pretty please :)

You may download these missions from our -=WASP=- Arma 2 CO (ACE) server. There you can find cherno and taki variants ;)

thanks woore, just tested it out but i seem to be missing ACEX_RU_MEN file, which i don't see on the six updater. giving me a prema black error box on my screen

also seems that the inventory system and healing system is different from the Jeohunk system. and last thing is How for the love of god can i set AI teams to one faction!?!

thanks allot once more

thanks woore, just tested it out but i seem to be missing ACEX_RU_MEN file, which i don't see on the six updater. giving me a prema black error box on my screen

also seems that the inventory system and healing system is different from the Jeohunk system. and last thing is How for the love of god can i set AI teams to one faction!?!

thanks allot once more

acex_ru_men == @ACEX_RU\addons\acex_ru_c_veh_men.pbo etc

Make sure SU detects your CO installation.

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths%20(Game,%20mods,%20pack%20etc)

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

You may download these missions from our -=WASP=- Arma 2 CO (ACE) server. There you can find cherno and taki variants ;)
I wrote in a ticket I wouldn't mind adding it. You asked add to what.

The answer to that is; To ACE mod, of course :)

So that any ACE user / server can enjoy them ;)

Advanced healing system isn't implemented for now, maybe future. About AI - you can't set teams to one faction for now. I will add 2 parameters: AI teams: Opfor and AI teams: Bluefor, and will change some scripts a bit. What's wrong with inventory?

I wrote in a ticket I wouldn't mind adding it. You asked add to what.

The answer to that is; To ACE mod, of course

So that any ACE user / server can enjoy them

If woore agree, then I'm agree too. But 69 was released yesterday. We want to port all there and add some cool features. it'll be better to upload this mission after we've finished work with porting :)

woore, omg if you can add those to parameters that will be so great !! you rock!

yes on the inventory system the buy menu gives u the 3 extra slots for medical stuff, but the actual Gear menu does not give you those slots.

also i noticed a change in the camera and no 3rd person view and other stuff. if its possible to make it as close as possible Jeohunk version as a Base line, then people can modify the difficulty from there it will be much better. cant wait for Advanced healing system.

on that note...did you guys add to 2.68 to jeos mod? or did you add some stuff from Jeos to 2.68??

thanks!!

yes on the inventory system the buy menu gives u the 3 extra slots for medical stuff, but the actual Gear menu does not give you those slots.

also i noticed a change in the camera and no 3rd person view and other stuff. if its possible to make it as close as possible Jeohunk version as a Base line, then people can modify the difficulty from there it will be much better. cant wait for Advanced healing system.

thanks))

About gear: trying to resolve this now

About 3rd peson: yes, i'll make it changeable through params menu, mb. right now. I want it myself

Also, SirScorpion, please try to set occupation faction on Takistan to desert Russians, i want know, is this working, or not. And use EASA, if you find a missing weapon kit or smt else - tell me

Edited by woore

sure thing woore will do some tests and report back to you. keep up the good work.

i just got a dedicated server but i am currently running 2.67 just to understand all this and the prem. and all this since i am new to the game but not new to modding. btw is it Normal that after a sevral hours of game play that people will have diffrent time?

we had some players who had night and others who had dusk. ?

i am still getting the AEX_RU_MEN bug though i did try to syinc it with six but still. ill try and manually change those files.

Yes, i have "missing ACEX_RU_MEN" message too, but ACEX_RU_MEN is couple of addons with Russian MC ,Russian ingeneers, BMD vehicles, and all of them working properly in the mission. So nevermind.

About different time, i never seen anything like yhis before. Desync maybe? This is NOT normal.

Also almost finished 2.069 version with ACE. Realistic wounds is present. Need help from Benny to understand how the new squads system works exactly

yeah the desync of time is wired not sure why its happening, did the test on Takistan seems to work fine.

also when do u think ull be finished with 2.069? i cant wait !!

Update!

I got some time blocked out and finally updated the code base to the latest Warfare BE 2.069. Download link is in the original post.

There is also one (much requested) new feature which is the ability to turn on/off ACE wounds via a parameter.

Sickboy if you are still grabbing versions to bundle with ACE, this one is good for that.

Edited by Joehunk

i am getting some crazy Dysinc with this version Joehunk. i am trying to figure it out if its from my dedicated server or from the mod settings.

did anything change, and are there any server config in the mod? i got ppl who are getting dysinc with 30ping!!! about 100000 dysinc spikes

Not sure about the de-sync, I test on a dedicated server and I did not have to change my server config.

What map? I don't have time to test all the maps usually so one could have slipped through.

Edited by Joehunk

thanks Joe, yeah trying to figure out whats going on, any chance sending me ur server set up or config?

me and my clan just got into Arma and are in love with this mod, problem is seems every one knows what every thing is supposed to do, been looking at whatever guides i can find but most are outdated or dont say anything.

great job with the mod btw this something out of this world

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

on that note, what would cause a dysinc? it goes up and down some times drops to 0 then goes all the way up. i would have thought that it might be that i have players from all over the world. but we had soled good games on 2.067

EASA configs are still bugged

Edited by woore

yep agree with woore, EASA is not working as well. woore i tested out ur version works very well.

i really think u guys should work together. also woore added much more stuff from ACE.

if possible woore if u can add just some light modifications to Jeohunks mod that will be great.

[deleted this part...I found the download link for woore's mission]

SirScorpion: what map(s) are you playing? As I mentioned before, it could be I just did not test the map. I played a Zargabad last night with no problems (someone joined in the middle and seemed to be working) and I saw a private server with 5 people on it running Fallujah.

EDIT:

I found woore's version through the complicated procedure of looking at the previous page of this thread.

Edited by Joehunk