joehunk

Warfare BE: ACE Edition

Well I had some technical difficulties with the wounds parameter, so I missed today's ACE update. But Sickboy hooked me up with the goods so I should be good to go for next week. Be looking for a release next couple days.

JoeHunk, I'm thinking the stuck AI is likely a CBA conflict, what do you think? And do you think any of the ACE guys would help you iron out the stuck AI issues. I can post on their developer ticket system but your the man making it.. You know much more about your baby than I do. LMK

How many AI are running around on that server and what speed does it have. In Arma2 every AI is a seperate entity and they are all lookgin moving etc all the time. In Arma2 you can use up to 1200AI at a times and with some functions even more up to 10k. The simple fact usually is that you need a super computer to make everything run oke with amounts above 300. Ive seen it that if a server is "too slow" (might be a nice system but arma2 will kill it) or there are to many AI it will start to lag. If the lag will stay for long time the AI are no longer updated and they will not move. so either reduce the number of AI you use or test it on a faster sysem (like your PC > dedicated server)

Ah ok - my bad.

I plan on running the latest on a couple of maps when I get a chance.

Ill let you know what I find. Sorry - I know that doesnt do much for you right now, but...

btw - I run ACE, GL4, Zeus, JTD.

So far (on fallujah) I havent seen obvious signs of AI stopping.

could you or anyone else explain what steps are needed to get this up and running (ACE with GL4, Zeus and JTD)

Larsiano...

its a AMD Opteron 175 2,2GHz dual core, 3 gigs DDR memory (mebbe 333mhz?) all the hard drives are 7200 RPM, OS is Windows Home Server (based on Windows 2003 Server)

However the gameplay is smooth other than the stuck AI.

Why the map cant run in my dedicated server ? anyone have the same problem ?

There's wide vaerity in the term "Stuck Ai".

Type A: Ai-Leaders standing still just waiting for insured (inconcious subordinates)

Type B: Ai-Leaders standing still @ their respawn

Type C: No-Name in Team-Command menue

Type D: "Error: no-vehicle"

Solutions:

Type A: Go into the Command Menue and disband the injured Unit(s)

Type B: Take a Flashbang and flash them (Try multible times)

or change their teambehavior ... or both. works for 95%.

Type c: Disband all units from the Group but the Leader (Dont disband him, or he'll get Type D)

Type D: No known fixes.

Be aware! Dont hit "respawn" "Type C" Ai, ... thats the best way to make them "Type D"

Type C and D are a something even Benny can't solve (AFAIK),

cause this problems are rooting to stressed Servers in connection with JIP

(isPlayer) ... should be fixed in 1.58 OA.

Tried beta, wasn't fixed -

PS.: to generally prevent Type B AIs, make sure that there are as less as possible Objects in a radius of 30m around the Factories. If you build your factories too close to forrests or treetrunks they'll start to block.

hope it helps

Could we get more weapons for Us army? (default ACE weapons)

Edited by ]TG[Gored

There's wide vaerity in the term "Stuck Ai".

Type A: Ai-Leaders standing still just waiting for insured (inconcious subordinates)

Type B: Ai-Leaders standing still @ their respawn

Type C: No-Name in Team-Command menue

Type D: "Error: no-vehicle"

Solutions:

Type A: Go into the Command Menue and disband the injured Unit(s)

or change their teambehavior ... or both. works for 95%.

Type c: Disband all units from the Group but the Leader (Dont disband him, or he'll get Type D)

Type D: No known fixes.

Be aware! Dont hit "respawn" "Type C" Ai, ... thats the best way to make them "Type D"

Type C and D are a something even Benny can't solve (AFAIK),

cause this problems are rooting to stressed Servers in connection with JIP

(isPlayer) ... should be fixed in 1.58 OA.

Tried beta, wasn't fixed -

PS.: to generally prevent Type B AIs, make sure that there are as less as possible Objects in a radius of 30m around the Factories. If you build your factories too close to forrests or treetrunks they'll start to block.

hope it helps

Thank you Freak

I run the server for UAL002, i am upgrading it tonight or tomorrow to a Quad core and some more memory, and then will try to test these different states.

So far we have seen all of these types, though from what i am reading i was inducing some Type D's on my own! :o

I will give the disband or flashbangs a shot, the majority do see to be the "stuck at spawn" doing nothing, to which i would click respawn, worked 25% of the time maybe.

I can run same amount of AI, with plain Benny version and its pretty flawless AI wise, but with ACE version the AI stalls within an hour or sooner, sometimes longer.

it seems vehicles with destroyed subsystems lose their armor protection and become vulnerable to small arms fire.

reproduction steps:

start a new game as opfor

rpg-18 the starting m113 medvac in the engine

have someone board the disabled vehicle

open fire on it with your assault rifle

the effect persists through repairs and I haven't been able to trigger it outside of ace warfare be.

Hi Joehunk,

first off, great work with your mission, really enjoying it!

One request:

Is it possible to add 5.56 tracer ammo and M203 smokegrenades for opfor M16A2/M203?

Love playing with the M16 and having the above items available would be good.

Alternatively, having a AK74M with ironsight would be very nice.

Cheers,

Crusader

Edited by TheCrusader

I cant find flashbang. anyone knows ?

Edited by Archangellos

Uhmm ..

For some reason why i can't play the mission in dedicated ?

Any tips ?

hi guys

How to switch off overloads in the plane .in warfare missions

Hi Joehunk.

1)Since BE 2.067 we have USMC units list of squads and USMC playable units in Cherno,but in ACE edition we're still have US units with sand camo.May you improve your mission accordingly?

2)Benny's EASA module needs adaptation,because aircrafts in ACE have another default weapons.So EASA doesn't remove an old loadout before adding a new.You can buy 10 different loadouts,and all of them will be on aircraft at the same time.Change and expand weapons list in EASA pls

P.S.:Is it difficult to replace Benny's EASA module with ACE EASA?

Edited by woore

Hey all,

First man huge thanks to Benny. This mod is hands down exactly what Arma needed.

I'm hoping someone can help me out here... I'm having some AI difficulties with my buddy and according to how people are playing it online it sounds like our AI is not performing correctly so was hoping someone could help out.

Here's what we did for the install:

We have Steam version of OA and Arma 2.

1. Installed Six updater.

2. Added modules ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_SM, ACEX_USNavy, CBA, ZEUS_AI_ACE, BWMOD, GL4, BWMOD_ACE,

3. Installed ArmA II launcher.

4. Added ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_SM, ACEX_USNavy, CBA, ZEUS_AI_ACE, BWMOD, GL4, BWMOD_ACE to the Group 1 Addons / Mods.

5. The game launches and has all the appropriate listed mods running.

Looks good so far, but when we initiate a BE_Warfare a few things start to go wrong.

1. After taking the first town, the AI commanders of 3 squads (usually Echo and November) just stand there and become invulnerable, and do nothing.

2. After about 30 mins of play the AI starts to spawn at base, ordering units but not using them. This causes them to start forming huge lines of soldiers standing still. If a Human player is voted as commander, the units do not respond to orders.

3. On Chenarus, some AI groups were spawning on the island out side the main land in the south east. I suspect this was occuring on some of the other maps, but didn't notice it until Chenarus.

4. Some AI groups were spawning in ground and swimming

The opposing force is not able to take the first town. (This is set on medium resistance).

These issues were with Zeus, UPSMON on. With Zeus and UPSMON off the AI has less inactive units (still many inactive tho) and is obliterated by trying to take the first town. I should also note that me and my buddy both have the exact same installs on client and server.

Anyone have any input, sorry for the huge post, but I'm dying to get this working correctly, and the small conflicts that happen right in the beginning are amazing, but then the AI commander and everything starts to bug out.

Thanks!

Hey all,

First man huge thanks to Benny. This mod is hands down exactly what Arma needed.

I'm hoping someone can help me out here... I'm having some AI difficulties with my buddy and according to how people are playing it online it sounds like our AI is not performing correctly so was hoping someone could help out.

Thanks!

This is a bit late for a reply but anyways,

I'm getting this issue as well- it might be good to note that the unresponsive units seem to affect OPfor the most. I can't find out why but almost all of BLUfors units are responsive but about 90% of Opfor units are unresponsive. This is a great warfare that includes ACE but these bugs are making it near impossible to play. Does anyone know how to fix the AI becoming inactive bug?

Thank you!!!

Hey all,

1. Installed Six updater.

2. Added modules ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_SM, ACEX_USNavy, CBA, ZEUS_AI_ACE, BWMOD, GL4, BWMOD_ACE,

3. Installed ArmA II launcher.

4. Added ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_SM, ACEX_USNavy, CBA, ZEUS_AI_ACE, BWMOD, GL4, BWMOD_ACE to the Group 1 Addons / Mods.

5. The game launches and has all the appropriate listed mods running.

Looks good so far, but when we initiate a BE_Warfare a few things start to go wrong.

1. After taking the first town, the AI commanders of 3 squads (usually Echo and November) just stand there and become invulnerable, and do nothing.

2. After about 30 mins of play the AI starts to spawn at base, ordering units but not using them. This causes them to start forming huge lines of soldiers standing still. If a Human player is voted as commander, the units do not respond to orders.

3. On Chenarus, some AI groups were spawning on the island out side the main land in the south east. I suspect this was occuring on some of the other maps, but didn't notice it until Chenarus.

4. Some AI groups were spawning in ground and swimming

The opposing force is not able to take the first town. (This is set on medium resistance).

These issues were with Zeus, UPSMON on. With Zeus and UPSMON off the AI has less inactive units (still many inactive tho) and is obliterated by trying to take the first town. I should also note that me and my buddy both have the exact same installs on client and server.

Anyone have any input, sorry for the huge post, but I'm dying to get this working correctly, and the small conflicts that happen right in the beginning are amazing, but then the AI commander and everything starts to bug out.

Thanks!

This is a bit late for a reply but anyways,

I'm getting this issue as well- it might be good to note that the unresponsive units seem to affect OPfor the most. I can't find out why but almost all of BLUfors units are responsive but about 90% of Opfor units are unresponsive. This is a great warfare that includes ACE but these bugs are making it near impossible to play. Does anyone know how to fix the AI becoming inactive bug?

Thank you!!!

As far as I'm aware the inactive AI squads bug has been around for a while, I've seen it in every warfare match I've played every since Arma 2. I don't quite understand how it's been around so long without being fixed.

As far as I'm aware the inactive AI squads bug has been around for a while, I've seen it in every warfare match I've played every since Arma 2. I don't quite understand how it's been around so long without being fixed.

I dont see this bug anywhere outside Warfare BE(2.067) and dont see this bug in the current version of the standart BE (2.068)

Are we going to get an ACE version of Benny's new 2.068 mission?

For some reason the AI squad leaders are clustering in the north west corner of the map. They wont move, respawn, or anything. If I tell them to disband they'll disappear and just respawn in the same spot. Due to this their AI squads just stay where they are because they have no leaders. How do I fix this? I saw something about Auto AI. Would that help at all?

Correction: The AI squad leaders are hanging out at the exact grid coordinate of 000;000. They just wont move! :mad:

PS. I'm not using any AI mods whatsoever.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Anyone know the best way to refill ammo on static weapons, particularly artillery? I built some howitzers, but its difficult to refill the ammo. I tried parking an ammo truck next to them, but it seems I can only select one of the units of the 4 to get ammo from the truck. The other 3 dont have the option, and then after the 1st unit refills, the option to refill the others is gone. Does the ammo truck only have 1 unit of ammo?

The other option is to park a repair truck there and use the support menu, but this costs around 400 or 500 to refill each howitzer, dont you think thats a little much? I mean jeeze its only a few arty shells, it shouldnt cost that much. Now if i want to refill 4 guns thats around 2k. However this seems to be the only reliable way to refill static guns, but it's too expensive.