joehunk

Warfare BE: ACE Edition

so does everyone else's AI not stall on this latest version of ace be 0.67 like mine does?

gnear: due to the many AI changes going on in the client betas, its important to note whether you are running the betas or not.

I am (77819), and running heavily modded. The AI are noticeably slower, but keep cover much much better.

The only map ive run BE/ACE 2.067/1.2 against is fallujah, and suspect that the slow AI may be due to a landscape dense with walls and buildings.

Ill be trying on Chernarus soon.

The bottom line is, details mean everything. Mission versions, ace versions, client versions, mods -- especially right now with so much AI work being done by BIS on the client betas.

ocgamer: The bodies deletion delay is in the parameters menu. To change parameters you have to be admin on the server. To get admin privs you have to type in the correct admin password after getting into the 'server control' screen. One of the ways to get to the server control screen is to select the mission, let the mission lobby come up, then punch the 'server control' button in the lower left. You will see a field to enter a password at the upper right when you get to the server control screen. Type in the admin password and then hit the login button. Close that window, and go back and you will have access to change the BE parameters.

Hope that gets you there.

I dont have a server control button just the skill level (recruit, regular,etc) would this even make the changes perminent? Or just for that particular days gaming. I have to make these changes, dead bodies, vehicles disappearing and change some of the weapons authenticity to be more realistic because most of the people im dealing with can hardly use windows let alone the parameters screen. While I dont mind being flown in to Kentucky every week to explain these scenarios I dont want to end up living there on a constant basis if you know what I mean Kentucky is not Vegas. I have an expense account that could pay someone to reprogram the parameters to a more perminent basis the way I need it to be. At the very least I can get you into a real M1 tank for some live fire playtime. The weapons changes would be easy its based on actual weapons tests published by the Army. Things like range, accuracy, down time, and maintenance issues like fire to refit times (how long you can fire the weapon till you have to repair it) this is mostly for vehicles but some mounted weapons require much more maintenance than their always functional status in this game.

gnear: due to the many AI changes going on in the client betas, its important to note whether you are running the betas or not.

I am (77819), and running heavily modded. The AI are noticeably slower, but keep cover much much better.

The only map ive run BE/ACE 2.067/1.2 against is fallujah, and suspect that the slow AI may be due to a landscape dense with walls and buildings.

Ill be trying on Chernarus soon.

The bottom line is, details mean everything. Mission versions, ace versions, client versions, mods -- especially right now with so much AI work being done by BIS on the client betas.

I did mention it, the ai isnt slow, the ai works for a life then once respawns just stands there for the rest of the game (Like what BE warfare did up till his latest which seems to have been fixed in his 0.67 version)

I also had posted previously that I was using latest ace and beta patch and tried non beta also... I'm just asking if anyone has seen their AI stop after a respawn and not do anything for the rest of the game as thats what i'm experiencing with this mission no matter what beta i'm using.... and when using ACE with the standard WBE0.67 the AI DOES NOT stall after re-spawning (points to the mission ACE W BE 0.67 CHUX 1.2 Zargabad is the problem and would like to hear if anyone else is seeing the same thing happen)

Edited by gnear

Ah ok - my bad.

I plan on running the latest on a couple of maps when I get a chance.

Ill let you know what I find. Sorry - I know that doesnt do much for you right now, but...

btw - I run ACE, GL4, Zeus, JTD.

So far (on fallujah) I havent seen obvious signs of AI stopping.

I might give Zeus a try, much better than the beta AI improvements?

oc: no, it would only make the changes permanent for the one run.

If you are talking about changing weapons and ballistics too, then you are at a whole other level, which includes modifying weapons and ammo. ACE provides ballistics as real as they get for most or all weapons. Without ACE, you are using the stock BIS ballistics models, which are not (as) accurate.

There are weapons modders out there who have done a good job at being as realistic as possible, and id hope that you could find enough realism in the ballistics/weapons as they are wiht ACE -- otherwise, you need to become a modder yourself.

As far as making mission parameters permanent, Benny has put out a tool which will use a de-pbo'd mission file and allow you to make changes to the parameters, I assume to put into your server config file, so you can have a standard set of params of your choosing without having to set them every time. If you have access to the config file for the server then you should be good to go to change the parameters and make them permanent. This does NOT include anything involving realistic weapons though.

I think you didnt go quite far enough to see the server control button. If you are seeing skill levels, then you havent loaded the mission yet. Select the mission and let it get to the screen where it shows the player slots (the same place where it shows the parameters button at the bottom). That should show you the server control button also.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

gnear: yes - Zeus makes for a more lively AI which spots you sooner, uses smoke, and a host of other things. There is a thread on the forums for it (under mods complete), which might be worth a look.

Just be careful how you install it if you are running with ACE, as it gets a bit confusing.

That and GL4 are well worth the look though.

Also, dont be afraid to run ACE with the standard BE. The only real diffference should be that you wont have all the cool ACE toys to buy, or the upgraded wounds system, damage models, etc.

Running ACE with base BE has a couple headaches, like the Vector doesn't require batteries in the base game and does not have them available for purchase. So the Vector Rangefiner is useless. Also no earplugs so be prepared to go deaf if you use a machine gun.

EDIT:

@ocgamer: The easiest way to make parameters permanent is to specify them in a server configuration file and run a dedicated server. There is plenty of information on how to run a dedicated server on the Arma Wiki (it is where I learned how). If you tell me what parameters you want to change, I can doctor up an example server config file with them set. Also, did I hear correctly, you are willing to pay for this? While I would be glad to accept on the one hand, I also believe that the ACE license prohibits military or commercial use without permission.

As far as more realistic weapon behavior, I have fired a lot of the weapons modeled in ACE in real life (the small arms anyway; still waiting for a trip in an Apache) and it's about as accurate as it gets in a game TBH. About the only components of bullet ballistics not modeled in ACE are spin drift, air density variations at altitude, bore temperature effects, changing wind directions along bullet path, and the Coriolis effect. So popping people at 1.5 miles might be a little easier than it is in real life, but not much.

@Sickboy:

Thanks for the link. I don't think I will be able to have that updated in time for tomorrow's update though, so go ahead and grab the current version and I will have the version with parameterized wounds ready for next week's update.

Edited by Joehunk

This guy

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1734857#post1734857

made the dedicated template for Warfare BE, but it's lacking ACE parameters.

It would be helpful to have the entire template.

@Sickboy:

Thanks for the link. I don't think I will be able to have that updated in time for tomorrow's update though, so go ahead and grab the current version and I will have the version with parameterized wounds ready for next week's update.

NP; The 1.2 version is added for todays update.

Got these errors when playing Takistan locally from MP Host:

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:63082 | ticktime:1713.75] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'EastSlot8' (Team 'O 1-1-H', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'MVD_Soldier_TL', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [4594.94,962.749,0.00152588]"

Error in expression <Call GetNamespace);

_checks = _deathLoc nearEntities[_mobileRespawns,_range];

if>

Error position: <nearEntities[_mobileRespawns,_range];

if>

Error Type Any, expected Array

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:63303 | ticktime:1719.41] Common_CreateUnit: A 'US_Soldier_Medic_EP1' unit was created (position: [1864.64,10924.9,0.66629]) and has joined the WEST B Echo Team"

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male04\ru\noenemiesinsight.wss'

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:63410 | ticktime:1722.17] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot12 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (ChakChakCamp1)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:63666 | ticktime:1728.73] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot11 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (ChakChakCamp3)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:63678 | ticktime:1729.03] Common_CreateUnit: A 'US_Soldier_LAT_EP1' unit was created (position: [1864.64,10924.9,0.66629]) and has joined the WEST B Charlie Team"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:63795 | ticktime:1732.04] Common_CreateUnit: A 'US_Soldier_EP1' unit was created (position: [1864.64,10924.9,0.66629]) and has joined the WEST B Charlie Team"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:64263 | ticktime:1744.07] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot8 is respawning at: (any)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:64770 | ticktime:1757.19] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'EastSlot9' (Team 'O 1-1-I', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'MVD_Soldier_TL', Side 'EAST') has respawned after dieing at [4561.9,966.402,0.00149536]"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:64819 | ticktime:1758.44] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'EastSlot1' (Team 'O 1-1-A', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'RUS_Soldier1', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [4562.45,708.838,0.0015564]"

if>

if>

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:64878 | ticktime:1759.94] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'EastSlot5' (Team 'O 1-1-E', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'RU_Soldier_Sniper', Side 'EAST') has respawned after dieing at [4674.63,975.924,0.00146484]"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:65215 | ticktime:1768.56] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'WestSlot6' (Team 'B Foxtrot', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1', Side 'WEST') has respawned after dieing at [2944.75,10047.5,0.00145721]"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:65320 | ticktime:1771.37] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'EastSlot3' (Team 'O 1-1-C', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'RUS_Soldier_TL', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [4594.67,954.912,0.00152588]"

if>

if>

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:65952 | ticktime:1787.56] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'WestSlot13' (Team 'B Mike', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'US_Soldier_Medic_EP1', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [2959.1,10154.9,0.00157928]"

if>

if>

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:65955 | ticktime:1787.64] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot9 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (ChakChakCamp1)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:66003 | ticktime:1788.88] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot1 is respawning at: (any)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:66049 | ticktime:1790.08] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'WestSlot11' (Team 'B Kilo', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'US_Soldier_SL_EP1', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [2945.51,10167.2,0.00149536]"

if>

if>

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:66059 | ticktime:1790.35] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot5 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (ChakChakCamp1)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:66183 | ticktime:1793.49] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'EastSlot7' (Team 'O 1-1-G', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'MVD_Soldier_TL', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [4610.01,916.644,0.00149536]"

if>

if>

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male03\ru\noenemiesinsight.wss'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male03\ru\noenemiesinsight.wss'

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:66401 | ticktime:1798.96] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader WestSlot6 is respawning at: US_WarfareBBarracks_EP1 (4452b900# 440062: wf_barracks_west_ep1.p3d)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:66510 | ticktime:1801.72] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot3 is respawning at: (any)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:67144 | ticktime:1817.83] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader WestSlot13 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (NagaraCamp2)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:67242 | ticktime:1820.3] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader WestSlot11 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (NagaraCamp1)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:67251 | ticktime:1820.54] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'WestSlot8' (Team 'B Hotel', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [2974.47,10000,0.00148773]"

if>

if>

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:67379 | ticktime:1823.78] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot7 is respawning at: (any)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:67399 | ticktime:1824.45] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'EastSlot13' (Team 'O 1-2-A', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'RU_Soldier_Medic', Side 'EAST') has respawned after dieing at [4609.2,1047.66,0.00152588]"

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\ru\noenemiesinsight.wss'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\ru\noenemiesinsight.wss'

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:67630 | ticktime:1832.16] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'WestSlot14' (Team 'B November', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'US_Soldier_Medic_EP1', Side 'WEST') has respawned after dieing at [2875.19,10069.4,0.00156403]"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:68129 | ticktime:1848.64] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'WestSlot10' (Team 'B Juliet', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [2943.32,10031.5,0.00146484]"

if>

if>

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:68201 | ticktime:1850.47] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'EastSlot2' (Team 'O 1-1-B', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'RUS_Soldier1', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [4590.94,942.403,0.00149536]"

if>

if>

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:68222 | ticktime:1851.01] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader WestSlot8 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (NagaraCamp3)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:68373 | ticktime:1854.85] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot13 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (ChakChakCamp1)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:68465 | ticktime:1857.89] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'WestSlot12' (Team 'B Lima', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'US_Soldier_EP1', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [2981.38,10130.4,0.00133514]"

if>

if>

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:68627 | ticktime:1862.7] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader WestSlot14 is respawning at: US_WarfareBBarracks_EP1 (4452b900# 440062: wf_barracks_west_ep1.p3d)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:69275 | ticktime:1878.97] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader WestSlot10 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (NagaraCamp3)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:69349 | ticktime:1880.84] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot2 is respawning at: (any)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:69367 | ticktime:1881.32] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'EastSlot14' (Team 'O 1-2-B', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'RU_Soldier_Medic', Side 'EAST') has respawned after dieing at [4595.71,942.336,0.00143433]"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:69463 | ticktime:1884.42] AI_TownPatrol: The EAST O 1-2-H Team is patrolling the ChakChak town"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:69464 | ticktime:1884.45] AI_TownPatrol: The EAST O 1-2-I Team is patrolling the ChakChak town"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:69591 | ticktime:1888.66] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader WestSlot12 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (NagaraCamp2)"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:70614 | ticktime:1912.2] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader EastSlot14 is respawning at: Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 (ChakChakCamp1)"

Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolRU/: Missing word ChakChak

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:71788 | ticktime:1939.27] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'WestSlot9' (Team 'B India', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1', Side 'CIV') has respawned after dieing at [3186.24,10225.6,0.00145721]"

if>

if>

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:71929 | ticktime:1942.51] AI_AdvancedRespawn: AI Team Leader 'WestSlot4' (Team 'B Delta', Rank 'LIEUTENANT', Type 'US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1', Side 'WEST') has respawned after dieing at [2982.43,10030.5,0.00153351]"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:72045 | ticktime:1945.18] AI_TownPatrol: The EAST O 1-2-H Team is patrolling the ChakChak town"

"[WFBE (INFORMATION)][frameno:72046 | ticktime:1945.2] AI_TownPatrol: The EAST O 1-2-I Team is patrolling the ChakChak town"

Info:

== "C:\Games\ArmA2\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noPause -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -skipIntro -window "-mod=@Lingor;@RTE;@JayArma2Lib;@FDF_Podagorsk;@FRAN_quesh_kibrul;@isla_duala;@sthud;@fallujah;@SIX;@ToraBora;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@ACE;@ACEX;@DAC;@ACRE;@CBA"
Version 1.57.76815

Not sure if it is related to the Port, otherwise i'll create a W-BE ticket.

I was in slot 1, had AI commander, and alt-tabbed to desktop when I noticed the errors popping up in rpt.

Edited by Sickboy

I started a 2.067/1.2 session last night on linux server 77737, client version 77819 and latest ACE from last night (six-updated), GL4, Zeus, JTD.

Running real clean. I dont see any sticky AI -- in fact, as I look at it today, the Russians are doing quite well also, with over half the map in their control.

When I started it last night I tested ACE wounding, and the medic automatically healed the guy one time - then I had to tell him to again (after I shot him in the leg again). After that, he was healed, but his status still showed red. I was medic also, and examining him showed him as not injured.

Im not sure if the medic fix was in last nights '6' update or not. Ill d/l it again tonight.

I have been monitoring the server log and so far no script errors. When I first played on fallujah with this version a couple nights ago I got so many errors that it ended up crashing the server. So far this time its real clean.

Its obvious the Benny added more debug code to track down any more frozen AI in 2.067, so if you are having issues with that, let him know and provide the RPT (for windows) or server log (for linux) to help him sort out whats going on.

Thanks as always to you guys (Joe, Sickboy) for your efforts.

We update Fridays 18:00 GMT (that's today) so wasn't in.

The medic doesn't directly help everyone - it takes a little random time, just wait.

You can't heal 100% in the field either so it's normal that they show up red. Until you heal them at a medical facility.

oc: no, it would only make the changes permanent for the one run.

If you are talking about changing weapons and ballistics too, then you are at a whole other level, which includes modifying weapons and ammo. ACE provides ballistics as real as they get for most or all weapons. Without ACE, you are using the stock BIS ballistics models, which are not (as) accurate.

There are weapons modders out there who have done a good job at being as realistic as possible, and id hope that you could find enough realism in the ballistics/weapons as they are wiht ACE -- otherwise, you need to become a modder yourself.

As far as making mission parameters permanent, Benny has put out a tool which will use a de-pbo'd mission file and allow you to make changes to the parameters, I assume to put into your server config file, so you can have a standard set of params of your choosing without having to set them every time. If you have access to the config file for the server then you should be good to go to change the parameters and make them permanent. This does NOT include anything involving realistic weapons though.

I think you didnt go quite far enough to see the server control button. If you are seeing skill levels, then you havent loaded the mission yet. Select the mission and let it get to the screen where it shows the player slots (the same place where it shows the parameters button at the bottom). That should show you the server control button also.

We are not currently running the server version. This might be the problem all along. The Army tests its soldiers on a one on one basis so each soldier is given the same set of problems and the soldiers outcome is the basis for the evaluation. Part of the test involves being creative and being able to find new sources of weapons and ammo i.e. searching dead bodies is part of the test now currently bodies disappear after a timeframe which of course is unrealistic and a serious problem to using bennyware. However we have found a programmer who is going to fix the problem for us and fix a couple of the enemy loadouts i.e. advanced weapons being found in impossible places we are also going to add T-72 tanks as this is correct for Afganistan. We plan to changeout the stinger missiles for SA-6 gainful (surface to air) as stingers are not found in Afganistan currently. Lastly there are no weapons caches in the scenarios in real life one cannot go very far without tripping over a weapons cache in every village.

oc: Interesting stuff.

First of all, there should be T72s in BE already -- but they arent /all/ T72s.

Second of all, If you are not playing BE on a server then I dont think itll work right. Thats probly the issue with buying stuff as a commander.

Thirdly, I think you are reinventing a wheel that might already be invented - at least as far as weapons caches and the kind of weapons you want on the battlefield.

Lets backtrack a minute first -- the bodies are deleted because BE is a large large mission which taxes the fastest of servers - so deleting dead bodies and unused (empty) vehicles is done because it takes CPU cycles to manage even inanimate objects - and every cpu cycle counts.

Now for the goodness - I think somethign like MCC (Mission Control Center) would be much more suited to what you are doing - you can create a battlefield any way and anywhere you want, with the weapons and factions that you want, in the force ratios you want -- and the bodies dont disappear.

It can be run on a server or a hosted client, and is extremely flexible, as you create your scenario 'on the fly', and easily.

It has its own thread under 'user missions' - you might want to check it out.

Has anyone noticed that in SP the save games get corrupted? When resuming a save game the move keys dont work anymore. In any version?

oc: Interesting stuff.

First of all, there should be T72s in BE already -- but they arent /all/ T72s.

Second of all, If you are not playing BE on a server then I dont think itll work right. Thats probly the issue with buying stuff as a commander.

Thirdly, I think you are reinventing a wheel that might already be invented - at least as far as weapons caches and the kind of weapons you want on the battlefield.

Lets backtrack a minute first -- the bodies are deleted because BE is a large large mission which taxes the fastest of servers - so deleting dead bodies and unused (empty) vehicles is done because it takes CPU cycles to manage even inanimate objects - and every cpu cycle counts.

Now for the goodness - I think somethign like MCC (Mission Control Center) would be much more suited to what you are doing - you can create a battlefield any way and anywhere you want, with the weapons and factions that you want, in the force ratios you want -- and the bodies dont disappear.

It can be run on a server or a hosted client, and is extremely flexible, as you create your scenario 'on the fly', and easily.

It has its own thread under 'user missions' - you might want to check it out.

I havent found one T-72 unless it pops up in harder skill levels. In the non ACE versions the M1-A1 is not even needed unless T-72's appear. Given that Ft. Campbell is home for the M1-A1 everyone here is chomping at the bit to use that weapons platform at its fullest nastiest earliest opportunity. Side note I havent found one good tank scenario out of all the scenarios. I agree with you in playing MP games maybe some of the features should be turned off however we use it in SP mode so we have zero lagg issues. I will check out your suggestion, given that im lazy I wanted it already setup for me. Some of what is out there is close to what im looking for but it has operational problems that if fixed could benefit everyone. I would be interested to know if anyone thinks that Mullahs should have dragon or even stinger missiles when as we know they dont exist in Afganistan or Iraq or any middle eastern country except for three and we are not currently fighting against them as they are allies. Now if the sprites were say russian commandos or even splinter former warsawpact fighters then by all means bring on the SA-6 and more advanced weapons. Given the problem of equiping Mullahs with guided missiles we have excepted it but want to at least give them weapons they might be able to obtain not american made missiles they have zero chance of getting. There is not a single Stinger missile in Afganistan or Iraq now. You cannot even fire a stolen dragon or tow missile so that precludes the enemy from even stealing one and firing it. Some people have argued that even a hind helicopter is wrong but in my opinion its ok as the pakistani army flies for Taliban given enough money. Hey my 2cents but its an easy fix to get it correct. The soviet versions of many weapons while less sophisticated are quite fine weapons. The RPG-7 deminstrates that you dont have to have computers in a weapon in order to kill someone, and it has done that extremly well over the years.

I do not seem to know how to get warfareBE V2.062 ACE lite - Chernarus to run. I keep on getting this message when I try and start it. "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.acex_veh_m2, oh2_wheeled". I have kept my Arma2 up to date with the latest patches, I've run the new six-updater 2.0 to ensure that ACE2 mod is up to date. CBA is current. Any help would be appreciated. I use this target for start up "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@CBA;@SOA I do not have the _RU or _US NAVY versions. Any help would be appreciated. Great mods. Keep the good work going.

I do not seem to know how to get warfareBE V2.062 ACE lite - Chernarus to run. I keep on getting this message when I try and start it. "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.acex_veh_m2, oh2_wheeled". I have kept my Arma2 up to date with the latest patches, I've run the new six-updater 2.0 to ensure that ACE2 mod is up to date. CBA is current. Any help would be appreciated. I use this target for start up "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@CBA;@SOA I do not have the _RU or _US NAVY versions. Any help would be appreciated. Great mods. Keep the good work going.

Don't believe you're going to get much help. 2.062 was Benny's own port for ACE. He's since stopped supporting ACE releases for his warfare. You're better off grabbing 2.067 from here.

Or...Do what we do and download the static (non six updated) version of ACE for Arma2 from armaholic

ACE - www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8602

ACEX - www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8603

ACEX_SM - www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8905

ACEX_PLA - www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8906

CBA - www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

If you have already got ace for OA.

1) extract the addons to the desktop and rename the addons so they ready as follows @ACE goes to @ACE_1, @ACEX goes to @ACEX_1, @ACEX_SM goes to @ACEX_SM_1, @ACEX_PLA goes to @ACEX_PLA_1 (@CBA can go straight into the directory as it is).

2) transfer the 5 addons to your arma 2 directory

3) Change the startup parameter to "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA;@ACE_1;@ACEX_1;@ACEX_SM_1;@ACEX_PLA_1

Now you can play classic Warfare with the great PLA mod! we still host a server every now and then so you can join in any time!

I know this seems a bit trite what with all the ACE toys to add, but could you add the green camo nets for both sides as a strategic build option. Maybe some of the other sandbag bunkers as well. And the Country flags. I'm a bit of a milsimmer... sorry to muck up your thread.

(edit) I'm thinking the starting OP4 loadout should be simple the AK-74 black stock so you work up to AK-107 through upgrades

BTW I'm still getting the stuck AI bug. Any word on that? I remember long ago playing with adding addon stuff to warfare. That wasn't super difficult but I'm sure the AI stuff isn't fun.

I play on a friends home dedicated server through the net with a max of 4-5 people at any given time. That AI stuff is starting to loose my peoples interest. Ive spoken to them and they all agree, unless we fill our server, the AI issue is a gamekiller. Otherwise great work and keep it up. Running Latest version of ACE at time of post and using .067 1.2

Edited by ual002

oc: From what you want, you might like the "TFOR 20" mission better than mine. It has a weapon cache mission and I think has more realistic modeling of the type of conditions you are looking for. My mission was developed to be a game played by civilian military enthusiasts.

Link to that mission:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103813&highlight=tfor

I am going to try to get the wounds parameter in for Friday's ACE update if I can make it.

EDIT:

Oh Sickboy I just saw those error traces. That is not in my code or code I have touched. But if it's a simple syntax error I could probably fix it. But you should probably file a BE ticket anyway since I imagine the bug is in his too.

Edited by Joehunk