joehunk

Warfare BE: ACE Edition

Yeah Joe -- I ran a test mission with 2.067 last night, and the AI movement seems to be fixed. For the first time since Ive known BE, the AI actually stay active and dont quit.

With that, and the new feature adds for 2.067, and the new maps (fallujah, etc), and the latest BIS betas which fix vehicles joining and moving in convoy, and improve the AI, I think things are coming together.

I hate to suggest more work for you, but a conversion of 2.067 would be well worth your time.

Cheers !

I'll try to have a 2.067 update in a day or 2. Updating 2.065 -> 2.066 went pretty smoothly; hopefully this one will too. I'll try to add some new maps based on what people requested.

I'll look at the squad mate respawning feature...that must be some Warfare mission other than Warfare BE (which I based this one on).

Freakboy, the update to 2.067 will have some but not all of your new requested toys. All your reports of weapons with no ammo available should be fixed though.

Well the most important thing is the 'AI complete freeze bug', which is gone in .067, that has been plaguing both Benny's and your port. So long as you just port it for the bugfix's sake, it's all we need for now. :)

Update!

1.2 is available for download. Updated to 2.067, added several maps, and some other minor changes. Download available in the top post.

Nice work once again Joe! Let me know when she's ready to update in ACE included missions.

Great map, as always from A Warfare map.

One question: Are you planning on adding the feature (That I saw from another Warfare Map) to spawn into your squad mates so you don't have to return all the way to base?

it's possible to do, but I can't remember the mission that had this feature...

insurgency by pogoman :)

Why there is no bmd 1-2, t72B-BA, btr70, and many other things from a ACE2?

In general, the answer to any question of the form:

"Why is there no X, Y, or Z in the game from ACE 2?"

Is going to be:

"Because I have not added it yet."

Adding items is a somewhat labor intensive process, because you have to decide what tech level it appears at, how much it costs, how long it takes to build, etc. etc. such that it's in balance, get the configuration for all that in, and test it. If it were easy I'd just add everything from ACE and call it a day.

I try to add in ACE toys as fast as I can. I do tend to de-prioritize adding things that are really just cosmetic variations on other stuff that's in the game.

The best way to get something high on my list of priorities is to say a couple words about why you want it in the game. I apologize...I'd love to just be able to get everything that everyone wants in there, but I have limited time to work on the project.

Edited by Joehunk

In general, the answer to any question of the form:

"Why is there no X, Y, or Z in the game from ACE 2?"

Is going to be:

"Because I have not added it yet."

Adding items is a somewhat labor intensive process, because you have to decide what tech level it appears at, how much it costs, how long it takes to build, etc. etc. such that it's in balance, get the configuration for all that in, and test it. If it were easy I'd just add everything from ACE and call it a day.

I try to add in ACE toys as fast as I can. I do tend to de-prioritize adding things that are really just cosmetic variations on other stuff that's in the game.

The best way to get something high on my list of priorities is to say a couple words about why you want it in the game. I apologize...I'd love to just be able to get everything that everyone wants in there, but I have limited time to work on the project.

Ok,We wait

The prices and balance можна from here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108516&highlight=warfare+ace

love the mission and Ace, but had a few problems, running it with latest ace (from sixupdater) and beta patch 77777 (and non beta seems to have same problem) with CO --- after a while usually first death of AI team leaders, they're respawning with no guns and just standing upright and still? (also a few times the AI are getting stuck in terrain and swimming? with a swimming sound)

Edit: tried the latest beta, same deal --- I changed respawn time back to default (from 10seconds to 30) and they respawn with guns properly, but just sit in base after doing so, the odd 1 will move instantly on respawn the rest stall.

Edited by gnear

I have not modified any AI code from the base Warfare BE edition. It's possible that this bug is due to an interaction between the existing AI code and the additions I have made in other areas, but if that's the case, fixing it will require me going into AI code I didn't write and don't understand. At this point, I apologize that that's more time than I have to dedicate to the project. The best we can hope for is that the bugs exist in base Warfare BE and will eventually be fixed. That has been true of several AI issues so far.

I have seen this issue myself where certain (not all) AIs sit there after respawn. I do not know the cause, nor have I attempted to reproduce it without ACE.

I have not modified any AI code from the base Warfare BE edition. It's possible that this bug is due to an interaction between the existing AI code and the additions I have made in other areas, but if that's the case, fixing it will require me going into AI code I didn't write and don't understand. At this point, I apologize that that's more time than I have to dedicate to the project. The best we can hope for is that the bugs exist in base Warfare BE and will eventually be fixed. That has been true of several AI issues so far.

I have seen this issue myself where certain (not all) AIs sit there after respawn. I do not know the cause, nor have I attempted to reproduce it without ACE.

Hey No worries, I tried the standard BE 0.67 with ACE running and it seems to be OK / ai doesnt seem to idle out, just not the awesome ace units and weapons :(

Hey Joe - Im finding the ACE wounds system to be a little bit much for what I want. Can you make it an option ?

So far Ive only run Fallujah on your new version -- seems to run great so far.

Hey Joe - Im finding the ACE wounds system to be a little bit much for what I want. Can you make it an option ?

So far Ive only run Fallujah on your new version -- seems to run great so far.

I would second this request. Making it a parameter would be great.

[quote name=djczing;1806514Ive asked Benny about this issue in the BE warfare thread' date=' but have gotten no response.

[/quote]

Yeah I know the feeling someone here has be knowledgable enough to ask questions. Have you figured out the parameters option in the commanding menu? Nobody seems to know how to change the fields? Im trying to make dead bodies and vehicles stay on the battlefield forever like they should. Trying every key I cannot advance to the toggle field im not sure it even toggles as nobody has figured this out or is this just another bug? I too have noticed the COA error when trying the game if you deselect it in your launcher the game will not even run. You can play the game fine with the error, seems somewhat stable Ive only encountered a couple of errors with save games but all in all seems to work.

ocgamer: The bodies deletion delay is in the parameters menu. To change parameters you have to be admin on the server. To get admin privs you have to type in the correct admin password after getting into the 'server control' screen. One of the ways to get to the server control screen is to select the mission, let the mission lobby come up, then punch the 'server control' button in the lower left. You will see a field to enter a password at the upper right when you get to the server control screen. Type in the admin password and then hit the login button. Close that window, and go back and you will have access to change the BE parameters.

Hope that gets you there.

I do not think it's possible to make wounds a parameter, since it's controlled by the presence/absence of a particular object in the mission initialization. By the time any of my init code gets run, wounds is either in there, or not. Sickboy can maybe correct me on this?

At any rate what I CAN do is release separate versions of the missions with and without ACE wounds.

That would be nice. Medic AI isn't exactly the most useful with ACE wounds. They don't pull supplies out of their rucks so once they're out of their original 2 of everything they're done healing people unless you babysit them. Makes for a ton more micromanagement than it's worth. Mainly why I always choose a medic no matter which side I play as.

I do not think it's possible to make wounds a parameter, since it's controlled by the presence/absence of a particular object in the mission initialization. By the time any of my init code gets run, wounds is either in there, or not. Sickboy can maybe correct me on this?

At any rate what I CAN do is release separate versions of the missions with and without ACE wounds.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounding_System+notes#Enable/Disable%20wounds%20based%20on%20mission%20parameter

Shall I wait with adding the new mission version? Next ACE update is tomorrow.

That would be nice. Medic AI isn't exactly the most useful with ACE wounds. They don't pull supplies out of their rucks so once they're out of their original 2 of everything they're done healing people unless you babysit them. Makes for a ton more micromanagement than it's worth. Mainly why I always choose a medic no matter which side I play as.

Why don't you report it and ask for a fix? http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

There we goes, implemented for next update; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17287

Edited by Sickboy

That was speedy >.> Didn't even get a chance to register on dev-heaven and you already had a fix out lol. Still though; much appreciate all the effort y'all put into this game to make it as enjoyable as it is.