joehunk

Warfare BE: ACE Edition

Yeah maybe I should open up my server -- when I was having JIP issues I closed it off and never thought to reopen it. Now that things are pretty well tested I could open it up. Of course Im not sure how youll like running on my server with my 512k upload speed :)

I do check from time to time, and I havent found a server running your BE version that has a good ping time, and a 'green dot'.

...I also dont like playing against AI without zeus and/or GL4.

My son and I have enjoyed your BE version though, and for that, thanks.

As far as the AI, yes -- Benny had real sticky AI as the mission went on, but got alot of it fixed in 2.066. The only reason I mentionned what I saw in your 1.0 is that it wasnt like any of the other sticky AI issues Id seen from BE.

we playing this ACE WF with ZeusAI mod, but you need to delete one pbo zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion.pbo on server.

Greez - yeah I have zeus configured for ACE (zcommon_ace), wiht no dispersion pbo.

I updated zeus here recently (at least I think I did). Looking at that thread its not all too clear what version is the latest - I got what I thought was the latest version off their TS server, but looking at the .pbos, they are dated in May and June 2010... hmmm...

I wouldnt mind playing online -- so if any of you guys know when you are going to play, post up and Ill see if I can get on.

Greez - yeah I have zeus configured for ACE (zcommon_ace), wiht no dispersion pbo.

I updated zeus here recently (at least I think I did). Looking at that thread its not all too clear what version is the latest - I got what I thought was the latest version off their TS server, but looking at the .pbos, they are dated in May and June 2010... hmmm...

I wouldnt mind playing online -- so if any of you guys know when you are going to play, post up and Ill see if I can get on.

ACE version of zeusAI

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

Joehunk add all technics from a ACE and parameter of switching-off and inclusion of system of wound

Sorry I did not understand the first part about "technics". What is your native language? That might give me a hint what you are trying to say.

As far as a parameter for wounds on/off, I am not sure that's technically possible. I am pretty sure I would have to release separate versions of the mission (wounds vs. no wounds). I will look into that.

@GREEZ & dj:

I will look into Zeus AI...I have used it with other missions and liked it, but never tried using it with Warfare. I do like how spotting works in Zeus and often find the spotting in ACE/BIS to be "too good." Fire once, and instantly the entire enemy AI force telepathically communicates to each other where you are.

Thanks Greez. Put that version on and am about to try it out.

Joe: Yup. Zeus and/or GL4 add alot of spice to BE, although GL4 needs to be configured correctly to run with both Zeus and ACE without conflict and duplication.

Zeus helps AI in close quarters as well, as BI AI at close quarters are zombies.

I think youll like the results.

Update!

1.1 released. Added the ability to configure unlimited ammo for static defenses as above. Also added some missing tracer rounds.

Any chance of this getting ported to Lingor? If you don't want to, would you mind handing over the mission files so I could? :)

the cost of recharging (through a repair truck) stationary AT systems are very low. (~$ 50) still can be put TOW / Metis near the repair truck and spam with 1.5-2 km. One goes into town and quietly it is not letting the bots will disappear, and the second from a mountain killing all the city with tow / metis.

cost charge should be strongly enhanced. 200-300-400? And for the heavy guns also increase to 200-300.

In my opinion it kills the interest for all styles of play, not only for our server, where we like what would have been the most difficult)

IMHO the price charge can and should discuss

Greez, I am not sure I understand. What costs $50? I was not aware you could use a repair truck to recharge static defenses. Does the repair truck have some feature I don't know about? Can you open Gear purchase if you are near a repair truck or something (I did not know you could do this)? If so, I would be open to discussing upping the cost of the CSW ammo.

I am a little surprised you think it "kills interest in all styles of play" though. Base Arma running without ACE has static defenses with free unlimited ammo. This includes Warfare BE that I ported this mission from. By allowing you to turn off/control unlimited ammo, I have already made static defenses less powerful than any other Warfare edition I am aware of, and I don't think I've heard complaints about the static weapons in those editions.

EDIT:

@Bosnia:

I have not made any OA versions and at this time I don't plan to, but plans may change. IMO playing OPFOR in OA is pretty gimp since you lose such mainstays as the T-90 and BTR-90. I tend to avoid OA servers of Warfare BE even when playing non-ACE.

@Teilx:

Once I am comfortable the feature set is where I want it, which I am pretty close to depending on how 1.1 is received once it's bundled with ACE, I will look at more maps. What ones are you interested in?

@zuff:

You have the mission files...anyone who wants to can extract the .pbos which have full source code in there. Anyone is welcome to mod this mission. All I ask is if you want to release your mod, at least give it to me first (email available on request) for possible incorporation into the main release. BTW that goes for Greez too if he wants to tweak static weapon balance to where he likes, then send me the results.

Edited by Joehunk

Greez, I am not sure I understand. What costs $50? I was not aware you could use a repair truck to recharge static defenses. Does the repair truck have some feature I don't know about? Can you open Gear purchase if you are near a repair truck or something (I did not know you could do this)? If so, I would be open to discussing upping the cost of the CSW ammo.

I am a little surprised you think it "kills interest in all styles of play" though. Base Arma running without ACE has static defenses with free unlimited ammo. This includes Warfare BE that I ported this mission from. By allowing you to turn off/control unlimited ammo, I have already made static defenses less powerful than any other Warfare edition I am aware of, and I don't think I've heard complaints about the static weapons in those editions.

I'll try to explain. sorry for my english.

buy a repair truck in the light factory ~ $ 500.

the driver's seat, we have the opportunity to build hospitals, stationary arms and fortification. for money of course.

being located next to the truck we're through the menu options-command-support can treat those who are nearby, fueling, repairing and recharging equipment and stationary guns for a low price.

it's a miracle how much can vehicle for $ 500.

charge in this way many times cheaper than if you buy such a shot for metis (as example)

occupying a position close to such a truck, a kilometer from the city can be infinitely long "fight" with stupid bots and always having a solid income.

or could simply raise the price of the repair truck?

say up to 2000K?

Fallujah please :bounce3:

this is our dream :)

Edited by Greez

Once I am comfortable the feature set is where I want it, which I am pretty close to depending on how 1.1 is received once it's bundled with ACE, I will look at more maps. What ones are you interested in?
Open a poll for map voting or just adding (Opf Worlds) Everon2010, Kolgujev2010 and Novova "when its ready"^^, Fallujah, Lingor ,Isla Duala.

Open a poll for map voting or just adding (Opf Worlds) Everon2010, Kolgujev2010 and Novova "when its ready"^^, Fallujah, Lingor ,Isla Duala.

Fallujah and Lingor in first place please :cool:

Joe, and whether there is a chance to increase armor for the base buildings?

that would basehunting one player did not break the game to everyone else.

that the base would not be destroyed with a single RPG.

And to make it a custom option, base building HP x 1, x3, x5, x10 ....

This does not apply to MHQ in undeployed state.

I remember warfare since the first arma, structure and there it was impossible to destroy by one man. gold have been times :)

If I'd see Everon in Warfare BE, I'd sh*t my pants.

Warfare BE /is/ in Everon -- so you better wash ur pants ;-)

Of course its non-ace, but playable with ACE running ...

Id vote that BEWarfare/ACE be on all current BEWarfare maps - but if I had to make a choice:

Lingor

Isla Duala

Sahrani

Fallujah

Probly in that order...

Greez,

I had never used the Repair Truck's "support" option. You are right...that truck can do a lot!! I think you are correct; its cost should be increased. I will also look into increasing the cost to recharge defenses.

BTW your English is a lot better than my Russian (I think I can say hello, goodbye, and count to 4...I can also say "town is under attack" and "get in that vehicle" :) ).

I do not think it is possible to alter the armor/hitpoints of buildings though. These are static properties of these buildings that cannot be altered. I *might* be able to override the armor of buildings in the mission's properties file, but it could not be a mission parameter (not something you can change on the fly). Like ACE wounds, I would have to release a different version of the mission that has stronger buildings, or release a companion mod that increases the armor of buildings. I will research this but I cannot promise anything.

Last night we tested a mission with these changes:

- Increase repair truck cost to $1250 from $550

- Increase rearm cost by 4x

The way repair trucks calculate rearm cost is some fraction of the cost of the thing you are rearming. The cost is now almost into parity with the cost of a TOW missile from gear purchase, so I think it's mostly balanced when you add in the extra cost of the repair truck. I tried to make aggressive use of the repair truck during the mission, and at least my opinion was that is was not unbalancing.

I also revamped the way healing from the repair truck works. For one, it just totally was not working with ACE wounds at all (it is now). For another, it used an incorrect method to calculate healing cost. Making a similar calculation with ACE wounds is a lot more complicated, so I just made a full heal cost $100 per person always.

The repair truck is pretty fun to mess with now that I discovered the support menu :)

These changes are not in 1.1 (the version that released with ACE 1.8 RC1 today). I got some bug reports that I am working on, as well as adding some requested toys...erm...deadly weapons, then I will release 1.2.

I have had some intermittent bug reports but they are tough to reproduce since there are a lot of base line issues with Warfare BE 2.066. I will look into this as much as I can, but the AI code is all stuff I did not write and is rather dense, so my ability to do great things in this area will be limited.

Joehunk.. found this from the other Warfare ACE thread

Much appreciate your work here! Was searching for a good ACE edition bennys! Thanks for the cause!

Actually had a few hrs match last night and your missions ran well :D Glad to see its latest 66 version too

Anybody test these with latest 1.8 ACE release?

A new bennys might be out soon too! :yay:

Hey Joe!

You can run around conquering stuff on Nogova now! :D

It is not your WARFARE version. It has ACE gearmenu but no ACE wounding.

Feel free to take mission.sqm and redistribute.

The only thing I messed up:

You spawn with custom gearset.

When you die without having bought a new set

you respawn with soldiers default loadout.

After buying a loadout everything should be fine.

Have fun!

Something else: I have not checked the placement of depots and bunkers.

Maybe some corners float into the air - let s see. But it works!

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3166287/WarfareV2_066ACE_CO.nogova2010.pbo.html

Great map, as always from A Warfare map.

One question: Are you planning on adding the feature (That I saw from another Warfare Map) to spawn into your squad mates so you don't have to return all the way to base?

it's possible to do, but I can't remember the mission that had this feature...