joehunk

Warfare BE: ACE Edition

Still cannot get the game to launch in our server. No problem launching other ACE missions.

Couple questions:

1. Did you try any of what DJ or I suggested on the previous page? If so, what did you try?

2. Did the .rpt file say anything that might be a clue as DJ suggested? If so, what did it say?

3. These other ACE missions that are working for you, are they also designed for Combined Operations mode, or just Operation Arrowhead?

4. How are you launching Arma? From Steam? Custom shortcut? From AddonSync or Six Updater?

I can probably help you but I do need more information than "it doesn't work and other ACE missions do." I see plenty of servers up running this mission, and I myself have run it with the same version of ACE you are using. I suspect it is something pretty simple.

Another idea to troubleshoot would be to see if the mission runs on Chernarus.

Another idea is to see if standard BE warfare (non-ace) runs -- with ACE installed on client and server (it should).

...a /quick/ look at the RPT file should tell you. Itd take 2 minutes to look. Look for where the player with the issue joins the server, and starts the mission -- after you see the mission get selected in the log file, youll see either errors, or youll see Bennys initialization debug output.

I think I found the reason why not start the mission. our server is running with serverside zeusai mod. reason it is there, at least on our server. yet found a bug with the same zeusai, ai spawn after standing still and not move, do not listen to commands.

the problem most likely is in the original and not in the ACE version.

My testing uncovered a couple bugs, and I will be posting a fix later tonight. The known bugs that will be fixed are:

- ACE does something odd with the ammo for the RPG-7 PGO7 that was messing up the gear purchase. It would manifest as your rockets not showing up in the gear purchase when you had that launcher equipped.

- Your ruck contents would sometimes be wrong on respawning

If anyone has seen any more bugs specific to the new stuff I added, let me know.

Couple questions:

1. Did you try any of what DJ or I suggested on the previous page? If so, what did you try?

2. Did the .rpt file say anything that might be a clue as DJ suggested? If so, what did it say?

3. These other ACE missions that are working for you, are they also designed for Combined Operations mode, or just Operation Arrowhead?

4. How are you launching Arma? From Steam? Custom shortcut? From AddonSync or Six Updater?

I can probably help you but I do need more information than "it doesn't work and other ACE missions do." I see plenty of servers up running this mission, and I myself have run it with the same version of ACE you are using. I suspect it is something pretty simple.

arma2oaserver.rpt =

=====================================================================

== c:\games\8_6_8_114\XXXXXX\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe

== c:\games\8_6_8_114\XXXXXX\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy -exThreads=1

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/12/22 21:24:56

Current time: 2011/01/13 10:08:30

Version 1.57.76818

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\c130j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J/

Updating base class ->C130J, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_base/

Updating base class ->C130J_base, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_US_EP1/

ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

"############################# Start MP_Detector #############################"

Missing addons detected:

warfare2vehicles

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.warfare2vehicles

So it is apparently a mod mismatch...

This is on a rented server from Gameservers...

Here is the serverside config file.

// SERVER CONFIG FILE //

// //

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

// Save in UTF 8 / without BOM ÃŽ*** //

///////////////////////////////////////////////*/

class ace_server_settings {

// ** These are dedicated server settings. They do not affect singleplayer and hosted games.

// ** NOTE: pbo names don't always match config names of addons (as seen in cfgPatches).

// Following settings need cfgPatches names to be used.

// ** NOTE: Avoid creating too long lists, as this will cause an error

// check if certain pbo's are missing on client and prevent client from playing if so

check_pbos = 1;

// verify that all relevant pbos shipped with ace are running on client

check_all_ace_pbos = 1;

//pbos to check. if check all ace pbos enabled, following pbos are added to the checklist, if not, only these pbos are checked

//example: checklist[] = { "ace_sys_stamina", "ace_anims_turn" };

checklist[] = {};

//if all ace pbos check is enabled, exclude following files from check

exclude_pbos[] = {};

};

// Uncomment and set to the level of version checking you prefer. -1 means all pieces. 0 means disabled. 1 means only major. 2 means major and minor... etc.

// #define VERSIONING_LEVEL -1

ACE_SERVERCONFIG_VER = 2; //DO NOT EDIT

The mission runs fine on my computer but not on our server. Sorry for such a large post. I am new to this. Any help would be appreciated..?

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.warfare2vehicles

This is exactly the message you will get when trying to play a Combined Operations mission in Operation Arrowhead mode, which is what I mentioned was likely the issue above. Please see the original post in this thread for information on how to run your client in Combined Operations mode.

For the server, it will boil down to adding something to the -mod= line that tells it where to find all the vanilla Arma 2 content. When I get home I will post here the -mod= line when I launch my server. From looking at your .RPT file, this is missing. I am not sure how you add that to your particular rented server...they may have different options for an OA vs. a Combined Operations server.

Of course for this to work, you must have both Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA available for both the client and server.

Hi, I was playing the new release last night and I may have found a bug. The ace wounds system appears to be working when i treat someone, however AI medics dont seem to be able to heal wounded infantry anymore.

I had a squad where a few guys got hit. One was near me and so I examined him and healed him with morphine. So he became active again but his unit icon was still red. Then i ordered a medic to heal him. The medic accepts the order but when he gets to the wounded guy he responds with a negative, and they guy never gets healed.

I was able to get both the wounded guy and a medic to a field hospital but i could never fully heal the wounded guy so his icon became green again.

Am I missing something about ACE wounds? I was playing as OPFOR if that matters.

Also just wanted to say I love the ace warfare missions, keep up the great work!

UPDATE - The problem was the medic ran out of supplies. If you restock his various med supplies through the gear interface he will heal others.

Edited by daedalu5
more info

Ah cool, so issue resolved then?

Also note that the MASHes built by the officer and as part of base/repair truck construction, as well as any ambulances you build, will be stocked with a ton of medical supplies. You can either grab them and give them to your AI medic, our you can put your medic near one and give him the "Gear" command from action menu 6. Both good ways to avoid going broke on medical supplies.

We uncovered a few other minor issues during testing that I'd like to fix up before releasing the update, should be some time this weekend that it's up. My intention is to have the next version be an official 1.0 that will be bundled with the next ACE release.

Yes AI medics do work if properly equipped.

One quirk seems to be if they run out of supplies and you restock them they still seem to issues a negative response when they treat the wounded guy but he gets healed as far as i can tell.

so the dialog goes like this,

You - 4 heal that soldier

medic - roger

(medic runs to wounded guy and treats him)

medic - negative

you - wounded guy report stats

wounded guy - i'm at grid whatever(and his icon goes green)

So a bit confusing but as i said appears to work.

One other thing i noticed was that AI commanders dont seem to be working. At previous versions if you turned command over to the AI it would continue to upgrade if resources were available but now it does nothing. Same goes for if you run a persistent game and disconnect. Before the AI would take over and keep playing and upgrading, now it just seems to sit there. Did anyone else notice this?

When I get home I will post here the -mod= line when I launch my server. From looking at your .RPT file, this is missing. I am not sure how you add that to your particular rented server...they may have different options for an OA vs. a Combined Operations server.

I can run this mission on my computer but not on my rented server. I would still like to see the -mod=line you use on your server.

Thanks,

Inf25th

@daedalu5:

The medic issue sounds like something in ACE wounds, or how ACE wounds interacts with base Arma code. That is not something I could fix in the mission...I haven't done anything special to how AI medics work in this mission.

About the AI commander, I also have not messed with AI at all from the non-ACE version of Warfare BE. In my experience, the AI is pretty dicey in Warfare in general. Most of the time, the AI commander will continue upgrading, but I have definitely seen him get in a state where he will stop. I have seen this happen playing WarfareBE 2.066 in my ACE port as well as the regular non-ACE edition. Again this is in AI code I did not write and am not familiar with. This should be a bug report to the base edition of Warfare BE.

@inf25th:

My bad I forgot to post it. Will try to remember when I get home.

Edited by Joehunk

No worries, just thought i would mention it. If i can isolate the behavior better i'll file a bug with the base WarfareBE project(they seem to have a few "ai acting strange" bugs after looking at the roadmap already) Thanks for the reply.

For inf, inf25th, my -mod option for my server is:

"-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy"

Note that I have a steam install...you'd replace that with whatever is the path to your Vanilla (non-OA) Arma 2 installation.

and...

Update!

1.0 release is now available for download. Fixed several minor issues found during testing, added a few ACE crew-served weapons, and also some goggles and glasses for purchase.

Edited by Joehunk

Joehunk

As I said, I have a rented Gameservers server. I do not have access to the server start-up script so I have to submit a support ticket to have anything changed.

I am not familiar with how a Steam server is set up vs a non-Steam server. I am not sure what my start up should look like.

This is what is currently set up.

c:\games\8_6_8_114\XXXXXX\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy -exThreads=1

Any ideas?? I really want to run your missions on our server.

I can run your missions on my computer just fine. This is what the target on my computer looks like.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=BAF;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@acex_pla

Somehow, you have to get the path to your Vanilla Arma 2 content on your -mod= line. If it's not obvious how to do that on your server, I recommend contacting the company you rent it from, asking if they support combined operations, and if so how to enable it.

How exactly do you install this mission? I have downloaded ACE with the Six Updater and my shortcut looks like this:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy

I'm running the game in Combines Ops mode.

But what do i do with the WarfareBE_066_ACE_10.Takistan.pbo file? I assumed i am meant to put it in my MPMissions folder, which makes it show up in game when i try to start a LAN server but the mission name is blue and when i click play, nothing happens.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

When a mission is blue in the mission selection list this usually means that it is a unpacked mission that can be used to edit it. A yellow mission is a full packed mission PBO. Do you see that ACE is fully loaded when you start the game? You can tell by looking at the start menu: It will display all loaded folders in the top right corner and will display the ACE version number in the bottom right corner.

Yeah putting it in MPMissions is all you should have to do. As larsiano suggests, look at the initial start screen of Arma to make sure ACE is properly loaded. There are some screen shots in the OP of how this should look.

Also, there are some posts a few up from this one about looking at the RPT file. This is a log file generated by Arma that will contain error messages and so forth. Looking at it after you fail to launch the mission might have a clue.

As to why the mission shows up as blue, yeah that's weird...have never seen that myself. You didn't, like, extract the pbo or anything did you? You just put the pbo file as-is in the MPMissions folder?

Finally, when you say "nothing happens" do you mean you click play and it literally does nothing? Or does it look like it's trying to load then drops out?

EDIT:

Here is what my MP mission launch screen looks like (the mission is not blue for me -- last mission in list):

WarfareLaunch.png

Edited by Joehunk

Thanks for the help, this is what my start screen looks like:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6660860/ArmA2OA%202011-01-17%2010-13-03-66.png

Assuming that's all good, am i meant to put the .pbo inside its own folder in the MPMissions folder? Or just on its own? I currently have it in its own folder, but when i tried putting it in there by itself, the mission didn't show up at all.

Citnarf: just put it in the mpmissions folder, and not in its own folder.

Joe: Tried your latest version and the ACE med stuff and huntIR work fine - however, for some reason some of the AI is getting frozen. It seems to have started again in 1.0 -- it was happenning even at the beginning of the mission, near the first town. Not sure if the AI is conflicted with the ACE wounds system or not - but I just happenned to notice it near where I parked the ambulance. Probly not much you could do about it, but wonder if anyone else is seeeing this.

dj, the AI's always been inconsistent for me. I haven't noticed it being worse since enabling wounds, but it's so flaky that I could be wrong. I haven't taken the time to figure out that code yet from the base Warfare BE version (it's pretty dense). I usually leave maintenance of that for Benny himself. Apparently he's working on some AI issues for the next release, which I should be able to incorporate soon after he releases it.

Citnarf, just put the .pbo in MPMissions without creating any additional directories. If you can't see it, please take a screen shot of the mission selection screen (the same screen I took in the post before yours).

In other news:

Popped onto GREEZ's server and had a good time today. They requested that I make the unlimited ammo for static defenses configurable. These guys are hard core BTW...their server was setup with Town Resistance set to "Insane" (the default is "Light") with camp respawns off, no 3rd person view, etc., etc. And...unlimited ammo is apparently just too easy for these guys.

I just got done testing a new version where you can set the unlimited ammo in 4 modes:

- Off

- Only defenses near your base

- Defenses near your base or friendly towns

- All static defenses (the way it works now)

I also messed around to make sure you could reload static defenses with an ammo truck, and you can, but it can be tricky to maneuver the ammo truck to the right place to rearm the defense. Using the "drag" feature on the smaller static defenses (ACE interact key) helps.

I also added some more tracer rounds at Freakboy's request. Still testing, should be up in a day or so.

Moral of the story: if you run my mission on a public server, I tend to join and play...and take feature requests! (not a dis to the people running private servers like dj, just saying a main motivation in writing this mission and putting it out there was getting more people to play with)

Edited by Joehunk

Joehunk add all technics from a ACE and parameter of switching-off and inclusion of system of wound ACE in options.Sorry for my English :)

Edited by Galet

Yeah maybe I should open up my server -- when I was having JIP issues I closed it off and never thought to reopen it. Now that things are pretty well tested I could open it up. Of course Im not sure how youll like running on my server with my 512k upload speed :)

I do check from time to time, and I havent found a server running your BE version that has a good ping time, and a 'green dot'.

...I also dont like playing against AI without zeus and/or GL4.

My son and I have enjoyed your BE version though, and for that, thanks.

As far as the AI, yes -- Benny had real sticky AI as the mission went on, but got alot of it fixed in 2.066. The only reason I mentionned what I saw in your 1.0 is that it wasnt like any of the other sticky AI issues Id seen from BE.