Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

HMMWV pack (WIP)

Not to sound unappreciative of your efforts so far but could you please make those ID numbers on the rear doors, changeable to other numbers or images?

Not to sound unappreciative of your efforts so far but could you please make those ID numbers on the rear doors, changeable to other numbers or images?

That's a good idea. Stiltman was able to put a random logo-generator on the ArmA2 version of the HMMWV pack, so he might be able to do this too. It's certainly worth looking into.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a ton of pics for guys today.

v1.2 of the HMMWV pack is still 'in progress' but when it's ready, it's gonna be bigger than expected. Here's why...

Instead of releasing three additional HMMWVs, we'll be releasing six. I decided to make a desert tan texture and slightly remake the original three. All I've done is replace the orange panels with CIPs and added a few extra bits of detail, but they're looking like totally new models.

Anyway, here come a LOT of pics:

HMMWV_tan_50cal_04.jpg

HMMWV_tan_50cal_02.jpg

HMMWV_tan_50cal_01.jpg

HMMWV_tan_50cal_03.jpg

Here's the current build of the first troop carrier.

HMMWV_12_22.jpg

HMMWV_12_25.jpg

HMMWV_12_26.jpg

HMMWV_12_23.jpg

HMMWV_12_24.jpg

This still isn't 100% complete; I'm in the process of making the side-mounted exhaust pipe. Once that's finished it'll be pretty much done.

And finally... here's what the second troop carrier looks like now.

HMMWV_troop_02_105.jpg

HMMWV_troop_02_107.jpg

HMMWV_troop_02_108.jpg

HMMWV_troop_02_106.jpg

It still needs more work done, but it's almost finished. Stiltman suggested adding a rusty dividing wall and a pivoting weapon mount, so that's exactly what I did. He's now working on the technical side of making that mount work properly.

I hope you all like the pics. I'll post more when we've made some progress.

Stunning mate, simply stunning! Thank you and thanks to Stiltman for your massive work on these.

More pics to drool over now!

Love the hummer variants. Can't wait to get them on my hard drive. It's nice to see ArmA hasn't been forgotten. I have ArmA2 and all the others but still love to play ArmA. Thanks Explosive and not forgetting Stiltman. Top notch! ;)

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Development of the HMMWV pack has slowed down recently (damn real life, always getting in the way) but we're still on it. The new desert tan variants got their tyres muddy for the first time this week, so I have some pics to share.

HMMWV_12_39.jpg

HMMWV_12_36.jpg

HMMWV_12_34.jpg

HMMWV_12_38.jpg

HMMWV_12_37.jpg

As far as these three are concerned, all that remains to do is tidy up a few textures and make sure all the LODs are looking good.

Troop carrier #2 is still being refined, but we're getting closer to finishing it. Stiltman is perfecting the weapon mount right now, and I'm still making the finishing touches in 3D Studio. So basically, it looks finished, but it's not.

HMMWV_12_30.jpg

HMMWV_12_31.jpg

HMMWV_12_33.jpg

HMMWV_12_32.jpg

HMMWV_12_29.jpg

I'll post more pics as soon as possible.

AWESOME!!:D I really hate to have them

thank you ExplosiveAids to Stiltman these wonderful toys:yay:

Great pics, thanks suhsjake. It should be pretty easy to make that hardened roof. I'll add it to long list of future Humvees you've inspired me to make lol.

After v1.2 of the pack is released, v1.3 will mostly GMVs. After that, I'll start making these ones and a few others. I won't give you an ETA on them because I'm planning on putting a lot of time and effort into these GMVs.

As a side note, while I'm working on v1.3, Stiltman will be converting v1.2 for ArmA2. After that he said he wanted to start work on converting the SLAT armour Strykers :)

We'll keep you guys updated on our progress, of course.

We'll keep you guys updated on our progress, of course.

Thanks mate - I know they take you and Stiltman a lot of time (as well as dealing with real-life 1.0) please rest assured all of the A1 and A2 players appreciate it.

Looks great! reminds me of the gun trucks we had in my unit back in 03-04. Especially nice work on the cargo. For as much as i hated all that add on steel plate its really nice to see it again and in game.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I have an ArmA chubby now! I'm really digg'n the GMG version!

Looks great! reminds me of the gun trucks we had in my unit back in 03-04. Especially nice work on the cargo. For as much as i hated all that add on steel plate its really nice to see it again and in game.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Thanks wld427, I'm glad to hear these brought back some memories. I have some new pics to start the week off btw. I've updated the nohq map on the large steel plate and the doors, and added a new exhaust. Unfortunately, I had to remove the spare wheel from the M240 variant. It looked good but it clipped the passenger's legs too much.

Anyway, enough rambling... here are some pics.

HMMWV_12_40.jpg

HMMWV_12_41.jpg

HMMWV_12_42.jpg

HMMWV_12_44.jpg

HMMWV_12_43.jpg

This model is 100% complete now. We're just finishing off the second troop carrier and then v1.2 will be ready for release. I won't say when, just in case something comes up and we have to delay, but we're aiming to get it done soon.

Edited by ExplosiveAids

HMMWV_12_45.jpg

HMMWV_12_48.jpg

HMMWV_12_49.jpg

HMMWV_12_47.jpg

HMMWV_12_46.jpg

The only thing left to do for this model is the M240 mount. Once that's working properly, we'll be ready to release v1.2 and let you guys get your hands on them. I think it'll be worth the wait.

:Das always beautiful cars and beautiful pictures, I can not wait to test these HMMVEE:eek:

Wow - that exhaust pipe is awesome!

Wait, it's all awesome! :)

Oh yeah!

Seriously looks great man, can't wait to have it in Arma II.