Sign in to follow this  
GIAT industries

TexView 2 error loading file?

Hi everyone!

I've just started to learn how to mod this morning.

When I tried to put a Jpeg to TexView 2, I've got this error message:

"Error Loading file "P:..... .jpeg"

My jpeg spec:

3639 x 1868

4.9 MB

Can anyone help me?

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Does the problem comes from the dimension of the Jpeg?

I've just saw an old post saying that OFP version of Texview, only convert images with dimensions to the power of 2, i.e. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc.

Those Texview 2 have the same requirements???

yeah it has to be in the power of 2 you could change the dimension to 4096x2048 the uv lay out will still be the same and it should work

i've recently started getting errors like this for files that i could open before. i don't know what happened, but searching on google seems to indicate this is a problem for windows 7. could bis release a fix for this? thanks.

also, i cannot save as tga in texview 2. so i saved as png instead. it seems right after this event the trouble began.

So in the save as dialog you select "All Files", then change the file name to xxxxx.TGA , select SAVE .......... and what do you get?

(All this should happen in P drive)

Hi, I just realized what the problem is. There are two different texview 2s. the old version from bistools 2 package, and the new version hosted on armaholic. the new version produces textures of uniform file size 2,731 kb for CO textures, while the old version produce textures of smaller, variable file sizes. The new version also cannot open files created by the older version, that is the reason behind error loading file messages for me(and maybe some others too).

Does anyone know the difference between the two in terms of quality? I assume the new version produces better quality .paa because of the larger file sizes.

Hi, I just realized what the problem is. There are two different texview 2s. the old version from bistools 2 package, and the new version hosted on armaholic. the new version produces textures of uniform file size 2,731 kb for CO textures, while the old version produce textures of smaller, variable file sizes. The new version also cannot open files created by the older version, that is the reason behind error loading file messages for me(and maybe some others too).

Does anyone know the difference between the two in terms of quality? I assume the new version produces better quality .paa because of the larger file sizes.

Well the newer one is meant to compress texture's as far as I know, not the quality but the file size. Are you sure the newer one is producing the larger sizes?

I have been having the same problem only with PAA to TGA conversion. I get the error loading file message when i drag and drop into texview2.

Can anybody point me in the right direction thanks

I've got the same issue when save it at a tga ... now i save it as a jpeg scale 2048x2048 and that's work :D i can open it with texview (mine is from BI tools 2.5) and view it ingame !

2 things that solve your problem, learning to use the tool and knowing what it supports, and what formats it supports...

If you try to open a file of for example 1920 x 1080 it will give you that error.

Note: All input textures must have resolution 2^x / 2^y (e.g. 16 / 16, 32 / 32, 64 / 64, 256 /256). The largest texture size commonly supported by graphics cards and BI's game engines is 2048x2048, in future graphics textures 4096x4096 or even larger could be possible and it is already supported in TexView 2.

source:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/TexView_2_Manual#Supported_formats