Sign in to follow this  
mrcash2009

Was Warfare ever designed for Save slots in mind & SP?

Hello,

Been messing with warfare module and also warfare style missions and I just wondered, was it ever designed to work when reverting to a save, or save slot?

I ask this because I set-up a SP scenario using basic warfare module and as I capture a town it auto saves (hint being saves will work) .. although after the capture of the first town any save from this will render the High Command options of "Capture" / "Patrol" etc etc missing, they never show up after a revert post capture of a/first town, effectively I cannot capture anything else no mater what I try. I also find that fast travel hangs on load screen and "receiving "never to do anything other then force me to kill the process and then run the game again.

Can anyone enlighten me on Warfare and is it known to be sketchy with save slots and reverting? Or can someone confirm its my end of things and it works fine for you? Can BIS confirm "Yes warfare does work fine through SP and game saves" or anything else IE: "Mr Cash ... its MP only ... sort it out mate". I realise its mainly MP "based" but since it acts with game saves on town capture I assumed it can be for SP .... any pointers?

BTW using OA/CO ... and this has been the same through 1.54 / betas / 1.55 / Betas / 1.56 currently.

Edited by mrcash2009

I tried using Warfare in SP back when OA came out and came across these exact issues. I assumed it was just never designed for SP or saving.

-cl0ud

I pretty much thought so, its s shame becuase a nice game of it to revert to as and when you want (seeing as its so easy to setup with a module and performs a game save on town capture) would have been rather nice.

Oh well, restart fresh each time then I guess.

I hate to bump this but I wondered if a BIS member could officially say what the view is on this subject.

Is this potentially a save bug, or is this actually just a FACT that its MP only? I only asked again becuase of the autosave you get when you capture a town, got me thinking SP save slots. Currently I ignore the area of Warfare due to the fact i cannot return later to the game and play on (I dont find it that interesting MP wise either but SP is great for commanding), seeing as its a long term game mode etc.

Edited by mrcash2009