Sign in to follow this  
qhumaf3ke

PMC Weaponry & Vehicle new features?

Could anyone who purchased PMC, please capture some screen shots to show more details on:

1. custom gun attachments

2. Customized character animations for holding weapons based on inverse kinematics (I have no idea what is this?)

3.Tracer rounds

4.vehicle damage

Please help people like me still thinking of purchasing PMC.

Thank you very much in advance :bounce3:

so you know inverse kinematics (ik) is a way of animating rigs easiest way to explain this is move you hand somewhere and you elbow and shoulder position and rotate accordingly without you thinking about it all you think about is moving you hand.

Could anyone who purchased PMC, please capture some screen shots to show more details on:

2. Customized character animations for holding weapons based on inverse kinematics (I have no idea what is this?)

3.Tracer rounds

4.vehicle damage

Please help people like me still thinking of purchasing PMC.

Thank you very much in advance :bounce3:

There's nothing new in regards to any of those 4 in the PMC DLC.

yes, if you have OA and 1.56 you would see PMCs, only when you have DLC , you have high resolution textures and missions

i have BAF and PMC (due to suporting BIS ,not due to suporting DLC idea) but i only noticed in PMC new helicopter, some units in shirt and blue jeans + chestrig and vest and few XM8

having DLC - you have high resolution textures and missions

2. Customized character animations for holding weapons based on inverse kinematics

This is a feature??!!!

This pack has now got my attention!!! :yay:

The way the soldiers hold weapons and controls has bothered me since the OFP days! I hope this applies to all weapons and not just new ones (and I hope BI left it mod-ready)

For those that are still wondering, IK animations work by being fed a target position, and the limb (arm, leg, tentacle) will flex at it's joints so it can reach.

This would mean (if one can use it on addons), that addon modelmakers would only need to position a dummy and the soldier's hands will reach for that spot. No more awkward hands spoiling a good weapon addon. (and hopefully vehicles too) :bounce3:

Cheers

Edited by TheHarvesteR

IK Animations are there since A2 release.

Well, IK animations are part of any game that's been released for the past 10 years actually... but the fact that this is being announced as a feature implies that there is something more to it.

A reasonable guess is that these new animations are semi-procedural. Meaning the end position is a weighted average of the original bone animation, overlaid with a dynamic, position-finding real time IK system, which is relatively new...

As an example, take GTA IV, where Niko Bellic's feet were always planted squarely on the ground, regardless of terrain uneveness. I imagine something like is being implemented in ArmA's weapon holding animations (or else why would they announce it as new?)

Anyways, these are just my speculations... don't take any of the above as fact. ;)

Cheers

BIS send us BAF patch without campaign is because of its content quantities, just the same as they send us PMC patch with campaign is because of its less addon contents.

Just like OFP:Resistance, you can find a campaign with 17 scenarios who has less addons.

I think BI's decision is wise for they know how to have a best utilize of their new toys rather than tell us use Armory to test all of them without attractive storylines!

There's basically 1 new gun (AA12) some reskins and rescopes of the M8 (the TWS and TWS/SD M8 are what I might consider "new", but the rest is the same weapon as A2 with a light/laser), an upgunned and unanimated SUV, some dudes in jeans, a helo and a sputnik and a patch of ground.

Well, IK animations are part of any game that's been released for the past 10 years actually... but the fact that this is being announced as a feature implies that there is something more to it.

The use of IK based animations has been an announced feature since ArmA 2's release. The significance is that it allows custom hand positions to be defined for weapons. This is however, extremely old news.

PMC doesn't contain any changes for any of the things mentioned by the thread starter, and with the exception of vehicle damage modelling being tweaked for OA, none of these things have even changed significantly since ArmA 2's release. In fact, there's really no reason for any such changes as IMO these things are currently all working very well.

3.Tracer rounds

4.vehicle damage

:

1: there just new kit on the XM8 rifles, you cant pick as your playing, just take whats in the ammo box

2: im guessing your looking at some user made pics, these are just using an addon which allows for new static animations for pictures

3: always been in arma2

4: im guessing where you saw this was the BIS release trailer where a pmc is stuck behind a SUV, the SUV is just a destroyed model, however in game, tyres can burst if shot

I like to call Arma a sandbox game that works pretty much like LEGO - you buy it not just because you want to have a nice car from the main picture on its box, do you?

Whaaaaaat ?????! those are MY words !

Armored sheep better have a good lawer cause he's going to pay millions for stealing my words without even quoting me, taking all the congratulation for an analogy my wonderful mind created.

:p

Sorry for the offtopic, but truth has to be known

just joking

PMC doesn't contain any changes for any of the things mentioned by the thread starter, and with the exception of vehicle damage modelling being tweaked for OA, none of these things have even changed significantly since ArmA 2's release. In fact, there's really no reason for any such changes as IMO these things are currently all working very well.

Oh, I see... when I saw the OP I thought he was talking about some new feature...

Oh well, the pack still looks promising though... gotta go through some of the Lite version content to see what it's all about (much better than videos and screenshots. This 'Lite' thing was a genius stroke by BIS) ...I don't care much for SP, so the vehicles and weapons are what sell for me.

Cheers