Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

Steam ArmA 2 is downloading something. What?

Hey. As we all know, PMC was released yesterday, along with a patch for OA. (Or CO, if you have both.) It was stated that there were two separate versions of the patch. One for the Steam-version of OA, and one for the Sprocket-version.

My original ArmA 2 was downloaded from Steam, but the expansion and both DLCs were downloaded from Sprocket, so I downloaded and installed the Sprocket-patch. After that was done, and the actual PMC DLC was finally downloaded ages later, I noticed that my Steam-version of ArmA 2 had automatically started self-updating. But... what, exactly? Unless I've misunderstood something, the patch was only for OA, right? So what exactly are we downloading, here? The Steam "news"-page does, of course, say absolutely nothing, whatsoever. Not exactly helping, is the fact the download takes freaking ages, and seems to be huge. Is Steam downloading the whole fucking game, again?

The patch, If I'm not mistaken, contained the Lite version of the PMC DLC, so you can have your low-res models and not get kicked out of online sessions for missing mod content.

I noticed mine too was downloading something all day long, and when it completed I saw that it was a patch for ArmA. Not only until much later when I went to try my luck (read 'my connection') at online play, that I noticed I now had PMC (Lite) installed.

Cheers

The problem with this, is that I don't dare to install the DLC until the vanilla game is done patching. so I can't actually play the DLC until the old game is done. That's just stupid.

Eveytime there is a patch Steam downloads the entire game.

You get used to it.

Eveytime there is a patch Steam downloads the entire game.

You get used to it.

What happens if I were to install PMC before vanilla ArmA 2 is done?

What happens if I were to install PMC before vanilla ArmA 2 is done?

Game wont run, its not all installed. BAF will reinstall when you start the game up.

BAF will reinstall when you start the game up.

But there was a patch for BAF in the Sprocket OA patch, wasn't it? what happens to that one, then? Do I have to reinstall the whole OA 1.56 patch all over again?