Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Got game crash? Do this

first post explains what to do, please follow that

also for 1.59 retail there is no point send me crashdumps anymore ...

so wait for 1.60 or send only last public beta versions ..

How does this relate to Arma2Free?

I have Arma2 Retail purchased through Steam that I have no problems with.

But I use Arma2Free to run a dedicated server, which crashes regularly with an inexplicable access violation.

Admittedly there are still some bugs with the scripts running but nothing fatal. The crashes seem to be totally random.

Just not sure if it is worth sending a bug report for Free since the TXT indicates it is only version 1.10....

ARMA 2 1.10 is also obsolete from that viewpoint ...

Ok thanks.

Any suggestions about dealing with Arma2 crashes then? Or is this one of those things where I may as well just give up? I am guessing Bohemia only supports / updates / bugfixes operation arrowhead these days....

Is the OP relevant to OA on Steam? I can't find the files you listed and I have Steam.

Fully updated and have both Arma 2 and OA installed downloaded as combo from steam

system is a Dell XPS1730 9500 cpu and 9800m GTX Sli using 266.58 official Nvidia drivers, OA runs no problems but arma 2 crashes - screen freezes and sound continues, have to cntrl alt del and use task manager to shut down game

significant error is as follows from ARMA2.rpt file

Version 1.08.74450

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_2 not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_ACCEPTED not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_NOT_ACCEPTED not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_TIMEOUT not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END1 not found

String STR_SOM_Transport_DEBRIEFING_END2 not found

any ideas what I can do to fix this ?????

got it sorted thx

How you solved this?

If we're running A2F, should there be an .mdmp file present for that as well? Because I just ran through the A2F folder entirely and found nothing of the sort.

The RPT and bidmp are both there but no mdmp

If you get game crash (usually so called silent Crash To Desktop or with some error msg)

try locate the files arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/C...iles#ARMA_2_OA

together is also located arma2oa.rpt file

(this log file from same moment of crash is very important for complete analysis)

compress them (ideally with 7-zip but zip or rar do it too)

and send to my nickname on this forum @bistudio.com email

use subject: [Crash] sometext

*inlcuding brackers

Ok so I bought ARMA 2 OA in August in preparation for my deployment which I'm on now. Since day one I have had the dreaded CTD, I told myself that I had more than enough time to find a fix while on deployment. Well fast forward 4 months, add hour upon hours of reserch and I still can't play more than 5 minutes without a CTD. Is there a fix or am I out of luck?

Has there been any results by sending your files to Dwarden?

Here are my Specs

Intel Core i7-960 Processor, 3.20 Ghz

12GB Triple Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333Mhz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M w/1.5GB GDDR5

750/7200rpm GB 16MB Cache Buffer SATA-300

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit

Well it's not a crash but if somehow CO or ArmA 2 goes to desktop or seems to have frozen, you need to press Esc then press alt-Enter to minimize the game and alt-Enter back into full screen. That should solve the problem. There's no need to close the program at all.

It may help if you go to your document folder and change your ArmA 2 profile so that the refresh rate is set to match your monitor refresh rate. By default they are set to 75Hz.

Hope this helps someone

i sufffer the ghost crash similar to this, the game is still running and when i alt+tab out to control desktop and try to alt+tab back in it does nothing, i have to task manager it to force shut down. the resolution matches my monitor and i have the latest drivers, i have also disabled 2 cores of my cpu which made hell of a difference.

possible bad install?

I have a serious problem, started to play recently Arma 2 and all went ok, but once in the Razor 2 mission in Solnichniy near the quarry the game freezes always, don't matter what I do, changing the resolution, executing the game as administrator... It freezes when I'm next to the quarry.

I've read several post and I haven't found any solution, since arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp files aren't in the AppData\Local\ArmA 2 folder, only Arma2.rpt is present.

In the Arma2.rpt file i've found this at the end of the report, which i suppose is the problem itself:

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

String STR_rt_comes_to_staroye_F_3 not found

Drivers on my laptop are updated. I run the game in Windows 7 64bits. i5 M480 processor and Ati HD6470M graphic card.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Also I've noticed that it mainly happens after an autosave in that part of the mission

The error message differs on the final lines after I've tried to load a previuos savegame and starting playing at that point to see if It was some kind of bug

Serialization of Display variables is not implemented

Serialization of Display variables is not implemented

Edited by Pablov

i just spent 2 hours in a server so i guess its ok now?

and i must say it is running sweeeet!! :)

hello,

since yesterday at 1:00 my game started to crash with the error "Arma 2 OA has stopped working", tried getting the beta patch (latest) but hasnt worked, looked at some solutions.

i got CD version of OA and steam version of Arma 2

it only happens when i join a game, and closes around 5 mins after i join (havent tried it on SP)

dont know how to attach the zip file?

many thanks welly.

are the crashes still being actively fixed when reported?

most of time yes, but sometimes there is known beta build which crashes (reason is known) and hence it's not being debugged

i'm not answering all the emails as it's not humanly possible

(only these where files are missing or person sending me dumps from 1-2 years obsolete old build)

but thanks to everyone who send or sent the crashdumps ...

Not quite sure whats going on. I emailed Dwarden, but he sounds busy so I thought I thought I would post a thread. I am using a 3.3 duel core cpu, 6gb memory, 500 gb hard drive, gtx 550 ti graphics card. I have tried changing settings to low, to med, etc, still i get crashes. sometimes in as little as 15 minutes, sometimes after 2 hours. I paused the game to take a leak and game back to a bsod. I paused the game one time and went grocery shopping, came back 3 hours later, game ran fine. not quite sure what to do.

Not quite sure whats going on. I emailed Dwarden, but he sounds busy so I thought I thought I would post a thread. I am using a 3.3 duel core cpu, 6gb memory, 500 gb hard drive, gtx 550 ti graphics card. I have tried changing settings to low, to med, etc, still i get crashes. sometimes in as little as 15 minutes, sometimes after 2 hours. I paused the game to take a leak and game back to a bsod. I paused the game one time and went grocery shopping, came back 3 hours later, game ran fine. not quite sure what to do.

figured it out, thanks for nothing everyone ! lol jk. it was because my cpu was overclocked, had to reset to defaults in bios. updating just incase another poor soul wonders onto this form hoping that someone can help and then just waits for months.

i get regular crashes in 1.6 and sent the zip.. when it will be fixed?

thanks

i get regular crashes in 1.6 and sent the zip.. when it will be fixed?

thanks

always retry with latest beta, if it keeps crashing then re-send with the beta dumps

I bought and downloaded the double pack that has ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA, the first game runs fine. Every time I try to run Operation Arrowhead I get 2 errors and the game shuts down, and I tried re-downloading and it didn't fix it. The first error is: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'. The second error is: Error compiling pixal shader PSSpecularAlpha:0. Please help if I can't fix this then I just waisted money.

This problem just started yesterday. I have deleted the game and reinstalled it 3 times. STEAM tells me there is one file with integrity problem. It reinstalls the file (i assume) but the problem persists. The file name flashes by so fast I cannot read it. When I launch OA or CO, the launch window appears, the script runs and then nothing. Sometimes, Windows will report that the program has stopped working after the checkboxes appear. Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE HELP. BTW, before anybody brings it up, it was working fine, the problem started in the middle of an operation with some friends.

@ArmyAj28

Your post is from June, so a late reply, but theres a thread here for your error:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136921-MPTable-shadow-amp-pixel-shader-PSSpecularAlpha-Thread-the-only-one!

@BEHILL

Welcome to Bis forums, sorry to read about your issue, but please locate your RPT.

The arma2OA.rpt, located in your -profiles root directory, or if used without this parameter then it can be found in these default locations:

WINDOWS XP: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA

WINDOWS VISTA / 7: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

The RPT is a log file that the game generates basically reporting what is going on with the game be it errors, or just updating classes, ect,.

It can be opened with notepad, once you open it highlight everything in the rpt, then in reply go to advanced at bottom right ,and then paste

in the box, once pasted, highlight again, and then hit the # button on the tab above the post, this will put the rpt into a code format, making it scrollable.

or

upload the rpt and provide a download link.

Lastly what are your computer specs?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

still awaiting a response, could really use the help. i haven't been able to play for weeks. :(

Every now and again with both A2 and OA, I crash to desktop. The message says A2 has quit working and windows will look for a solution. I use official nvidia drivers, currently version 306.97. I tryed to post my rpt as code, inside a spoiler but I guess it's too long . I do not know which part to highlight and paste here...

Edited by Iceman77

Can anybody help me? I have problem with vanilla ARMA 2. In multiplayer on dedicated servers, after receiving data game crashes. ARMA 2 don't work... say me windows 7

Thats the part of rpt file.

=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 14CD5835
Version 1.11.86734
Fault address:  14CD5835 01:00004835 C:\Users\JTS\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\BattlEye\BEClient.dll
file:     MP_WarWelcome
world:    utes
Prev. code bytes: F7 D8 1B C0 83 E0 02 A3 9C 94 CE 14 8B 44 24 10
Fault code bytes: 8B 08 89 0D 00 81 CE 14 66 8B 50 04 66 89 15 FE

Registers:
EAX:A8C0FE08 EBX:09D90508
ECX:0000007F EDX:0000007E
ESI:75A4FFE6 EDI:744C1808
CS:EIP:0023:14CD5835
SS:ESP:002B:0171F608  EBP:0171F754
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010246
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\JTS\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\arma2.mdmp

I tried remove batteye folders from game folder and from appdata folder and connect without them and then again with them, but nothing changed. game crashed by receiving data and thats all. just vanilla arma 2. all another are ok

Edited by JTS_2009