Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

Pretty much same here with 4gigs but only a Phenom I 9850 BE, the GPU is stock version by Sapphire and is good for all games that i tried on it including high settings in Crysis or Metro 2033 but for ArmA 512Mb doesnt seem too great.

Had Shadows and Textures on high before but in some situations this just leads to extreme lod issues and blurry textures, mainly in urban areas though so i decided just to set it to normal and get performance i can live with.

On higher settings i also often encountered a problem that i read about here few times, when flying or in very demanding missions like the SP scenario "counterattack" i often had crazy errors like flickering polygon spikes everywhere when looking in certain directions.

I wonder if i should switch to a HD6970 with the old Phenom maybe being a bottleneck or just save bit more on a completely new PC... yet for all exept ArmA2 the system is still excellent.

This campaign turns ARMA into a tunnel shooter! (except the last mission maybe)

From the verry first mission you get script errors when you leave the path you are supposed to go. (for example if you find the dead merc before meeting your buddy). Your mercs seem invulnerable. I had to reload many times just to be killed in the same way again and again.

Looks like they try to make a COD like campaign.

I don´t blame them I am still happy to support them with my money.

Next time I would prefer to see a campaign that promotes the things ARMA is good at.

Something similar to the resistance campaign (or even better JaggedAlliance2) would have been nice:

- give the missions a certain budget and a option to buy mercs and and equipment

- when your mercs die they are not available in the following missions.

- you can get local clans as allies and command them via high command.

- you can capture all kind of weapons and vehicles and use them in following missions

- make missions more open so you can decide yourself if you want to use helicopters sniper rifles or whatever.

For me a good campaign is one where I never (or seldom) have to reload. You still would replay the campaign to perform better or to see alternative endings.

This campaign turns ARMA into a tunnel shooter! (except the last mission maybe)

From the verry first mission you get script errors when you leave the path you are supposed to go. (for example if you find the dead merc before meeting your buddy). Your mercs seem invulnerable. I had to reload many times just to be killed in the same way again and again.

Looks like they try to make a COD like campaign.

I have similar impressions. Indeed the first mission, then the Zargabad sniper-clearing mission and also the transportation mission are far too linear, things go on rails there. Tunnel shooting, well said.

Also the invulnerable squaddies you get (yes, they're not that clever, but bullet-proof) is just a dated arcadish cheat.

Finally there's a pletora of bugs ranging from triggers not activating to AI stuck in buildings and to passive/useless AI units (the enemy "sniper" in the airport mission is a great example, as well as the "sleepy" tanks in PMC05 Elimination).

CODish, or MOHish if you prefer.

Poor concept and poor execution, sorry.

congratulations,very nice DLC,i've bought it next day after release.No problems with downloading/installation,only with money transfer from Russia.And I really need a bit larger island in the Proving Grounds style)

After testing the Proving Grounds map in I noticed that on my system it's the most demanding map despite the [to] small size, heck it's even more demanding than Chernarus for me.... Seems like it's the dead trees that are the real FPS hog for me, not a real problem since I probably don't gonna use it anyway due to it's size but woonder if anyone else noticing this?

OT this time ;)

/KC

Yeah Proving Grounds is pretty laggy for me too. All the other maps run great. Maybe it's the new trees and what not, needs some optimization.

while I hate the COD type missions (the first and the whatever the rail gunning mission was) I didn't mind the invincible teammates, it was better than having to baby sit them like you have to in the Red Harvest campaign where anytime a single guy goes down the whole mission fails :rolleyes:

It's because they are.

must say, i kind of appreicated it at times that the ai team is invulnerable when being taken on by overwhelming numbers. right developer decision for those kind of missions.

must say though, would like to see more of those gritty infantry type missions that made ofp the game it was.

Edited by twisted

Well I just played the night mission on Proving grounds and have to say

the Sputniks scared the shit out of me. Great atmosphere, a bit hectic but that was okay. This and the mission before that (with the sniper rifle) have been my favorites so far, and at this point I am starting to be glad I got PMC

I really love the Proving Grounds map, I just wish it was twice the size and, as others pointed out, a small destroyed village or something of that kind would have made it absolutely awesome.

Yeah Proving Grounds is pretty laggy for me too. All the other maps run great. Maybe it's the new trees and what not, needs some optimization.

Find this weird... Proving Grounds runs super-fast for me with everything set to 'very high' and 'default' except for object detail and post-proc at 'normal.' I can have a couple of hundred units buzzing around, following complex waypoint trails and a range of scripts running and it's still super-smooth.

Any of the campaign missions in Zargabad perform much worse for me.

Why I can not use the characters of this DLC to use in my profile face? is there some addon to unlock this?

Is the playback video really that pixellated or just the lite version? playback seems to be of a low quality conversion.

Find this weird... Proving Grounds runs super-fast for me with everything set to 'very high' and 'default' except for object detail and post-proc at 'normal.' I can have a couple of hundred units buzzing around, following complex waypoint trails and a range of scripts running and it's still super-smooth.

Any of the campaign missions in Zargabad perform much worse for me.

Weird indeed. I have an GTX 580, 8GB DDR3 2000mhz RAM, i5 750 @4.0Ghz and every other map runs great, except Proving Grounds.

Meh, what can you expect from ArmA..sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't.

The campaign included with this DLC is horrible. I've had no problems downloading the DLC or playing it but the campaign itself...absolute crap. I've purchased every BI game since the original OFP. I purchased and enjoyed the BAF pack. This, however, is just an insulting piece of trash. I'm not going to say that I'll never buy a game from BI again but I certainly won't make the mistake of trusting that they're releasing good stuff. I wish I'd taken the time to read the user reviews rather than relying on the company's (hitherto well-deserved) reputation for quality. If there was a way to get a refund, I'd be demanding one. The people involved in the making of this DLC should be ashamed of themselves.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Thanks for your detailed and constructive criticism. That will go a long way to help fix the specific problems you pointed out which led to your disappointment. Feedback like that is always welcomed.

This, however, is just an insulting piece of trash.

When you say "This", you're referring to your post, correct?

Well I finished the campaign with no problems or bugs encountered and no hiccups or stutters with video playbacks. I must be doing something wrong! I thought the camaign was great and it just goes to prove that BIS are catering to very different tastes with each new camaign they bring out. As for this one I reckon it was designed with the minimum amount of controling AI and as such it was very welcome. I thoroughly enjoyed this campaign and consider my money very well spent indeed > Well done BIS, its nice to know that you also include the less than hardcore gamer in your design criterea.

I went with Reynolds and saved the world from economic metdown. So this time I will try the other ending :)

we start the campaign in coop, and like arma 2 always the same bug since 2 years now :

If you use an ingame savegame, the next mission will not be unlock, you have to restart the mission from the beginning (why there's savegame during the mission so ?).

We had a problem during the sniper mission, we clear the aera and the mission never end ( we use cheat code endmission to continue to the next one).

We never finish Harvest red in coop because of this kind of bug mission successfull that not unlock the next one especially razor2 and manhattan, yes we can use endmission and campaign unlock cheat code but you lost all our choice during previous mission and that not a decent solution. We never see any improvement to corect this bug, we try since 1.03 to 1.55.

The pmc campaign look like COD, you are in god mode during the campaign, you only lost if the two player are wounded.

We are on the 9th mission, and there's 2 3 mission that are totaly useless(preparation ?? only have to board a chopper to finish a mission, the civilian one...).

Edited by Choum

hi there!

Does anybody have informaiton about the PMC works with the dvd version of ARMA OA or it's only works the digital download version?

sorry my english

thanks!

Edited by streetone

The people involved in the making of this DLC should be ashamed of themselves.

That actually makes me lol, since I remember clearly, when BAF was released everybody was calling it crap and garbage and rubbish etc.

Now it's a sort of milestone for good DLCs and PMC is a piece of trash.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dyslexci flies with a mouse + keyboard. That is all.

Fly with KC, and then comment ;)

Not seen better pilot since 2001 on RV engine (ofc, I'm far from knowing all, but he knows what he's talking about)

we are on good way to resolve the video playback issue(s) ,

thanks to everyone who send me the dxdiag.log no more needed for the moment ...

hi can any one help i have private millitary company installed and the latest patch but every time i try to play the game it comes up with

addon CAAIR-pmc-ka137 requires version 1.54 of application, can any one help

That actually makes me lol, since I remember clearly, when BAF was released everybody was calling it crap and garbage and rubbish etc.

Not "everybody", but a few. There's always minorities with a tendency to go to either extremes. Most of us are in between.I wish people would go a bit easier on the words "brilliant" or "trash", and would go more with things like "I liked X" and "I disliked Y".

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

hi can any one help i have private millitary company installed and the latest patch but every time i try to play the game it comes up with

addon CAAIR-pmc-ka137 requires version 1.54 of application, can any one help

Did you update to 1.56?