Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

I finished the campaign and ... well I wouldn't say it was horrible, but it was pretty much the worst official campaign I've seen in any RV engine game so far.

Oh well, no hard feelings or anything, but IMO this was quite weak.

Hi there!

regarding the "masked raider" issue...do you people play with caa1 enabled? because, I didn't have that issue until playing PMC together with CAA1 and the "soldierGB class" in OAC is defined to use

faceType = "HeadMask1Black";

maybe thats the solution....dunno, hope it helps

Just finished the campaign. I found it pretty enjoyable, except of one mission : the rail shooting one. Which i think dont fit in maps Arma has, and was way too long.

+Hooking story that keep you playing

+Creative missions

+Fast Action paced

+Ambience

+Musics

+Radio chatters

-Railshooting mission

-A bit too unrealistic (health system, situations over made)

-XM8 too hard to use in CQB (i was playing without Sight help)

-No medic

-Feeling a bit ramboish sometime

Feels rushed and incomplete, few new units, BAF was good i only bought it to support BIS, but i felt that i robbed them, with PMC... considered it a donation.

I would at least have been more pleased with an airplane like the C-212 Aviocar, another helicopter like the MD 500, and god i hated the mx8, just didnt like the lack on any CQB functionality (a simple solution would have been what you are able to do with one of the mk16 sights), anyway proving grounds is tiny, but nicely detailed, damn i dont really know what else to say, BIS you should complete this, same as BAF, there are some things missing in my opinion.

arma2oa2010120413311044.jpg

arma2oa2010120413311756.jpg

That would do it, for the lack of CQB sights.

Edited by Elmas

I think we need to look at this DLC with a better perspective.

Some argue that it's a rip-off because there isn't much content, but it's a DLC about a Private Military Company, what do you expect?

Sure if it was an army of a country then complaints would be justified, but we're talking about a small business of civilians with access to a few SUVs and most of the weaponry we already have in ARMA2. What do you want them to have, squadrons of jets and divisions of tanks?

Edited by Sky999

Sky999: I would expect (for example) a new interesting island (maybe a modern Sahrani remake, that should be easy since they have the source!), 10 new vehicles (focus could be on unmarked civilian cars that PMCs so love to use, hell I still didn't see a proper van!), new weapons like UMP, new Sig Sauer handguns etc etc. I would be happy if they even fixed the Hecker Koch guns that BIS game now treats them like puny BB guns. They should be aware that they use Parabellum 9mm and it doesn't take full clip to bring a badguy down... as in the current game patched to the latest.

Perhaps you're right Icebreakr, I will admit that I think the fact there isn't even one scenario mission just seems lazy...

As far as I see it:

The Good:

-A new campaign (overall its decent, nice moral questions presented, better than Red Harvest)

-PMC SUV with Mini-gun

-KA-60

The Bad:

-The video cutscenes in the campaign are completely unwatchable with stuttering

-The KA-137 UAV error when trying to switch between Day CAM/WHOT/BHOT

-XM8 has primary weapon (seems no one likes this, should've when with M4's, AK's..HK's..ANYTHING besides crappy XM8's...)

-chessy rail gunning mission (seems like BIS is trying REALLY hard to be MW instead of what makes it popular with its users...a mil sim.)

-unrealistic health regen in the campaign(again..am I playing Arma or a MW2 wannabe??)

-while the new map does look nice, it's way too small

-not a single sp mission...

Bottom line:

This just seemed rushed. I thought with the delay that they'd at least address the glaring errors with the KA-137 and cutscenes :( and finding out that even if you didn't buy the DLC you still got the campaign..so what exactly did I buy?? with I supported the BAF DLC from the beginning and still do, I think its AWESOME, I supported the PMC DLC from the beginning but after seeing all it has to offer in its current state, I feel like I got had, especially when most of it is given for free in the 1.56 patch. I will still continue to support BIS but I will definitely be very wary of the next...if there is a next, DLC and will definitely not be pre-ordering next time around.

I'm running combined A2OA and have the full BAF DLC and just downloaded the full PMC. Also just patched everything to vers 1.56.

I have some mods in my shortcut properties target line which is currently:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@sthud;@sakusun;@sakulightfx;BAF -nosplash -world=empty

Should I add the PMC to the end as follows?

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@sthud;@sakusun;@sakulightfx;BAF;PMC -nosplash -world=empty

Is there a better way or is it even necessary to add PMC to the shortcut?

Also, if the campaign was tested in co-op at all, it must have only been on LAN or Dedicated.

As the client on a hosted server, I cannot watch some of the video cutscenes, and if I can then I miss the first thirty seconds or I can only hear dialogue and see captions. And the only dialogue I can hear during a mission is over the radio or from my own character. The PMC guys can be standing around having a conversation and I can only hear my own voice, like I'm talking to myself and everyone is ignoring me.

Also the crows on the first mission only work for the server. For me as the client they stayed put at their original position.

SeaVee - you can delete PMC and BAF from shortcut - the game allways loads them

Wth, when did that start! :) :yay: Loads CO+DLC by default, niiiice.

If you check your "Expansion" in your main menu you can check an un check whats being used. Since OA i would think.

if you have the PMC video playback issues please send to my email Your dxdiag.log (from DirectX DXdiag)

Well I just finished the PMC campaign (lite) . I enjoyed it and I look forward to buying the BAF-PMC bundle , or wait for the third one to come out .

Regarding the ending and future DLC ...

China ?

If you check your "Expansion" in your main menu you can check an un check whats being used. Since OA i would think.

That whole part is confusing, like if I run OA itself it pre-loads everything default (I have DVD install and everything in the same folder).

If I "enable" a few mods in there, they too start by default without having to include them in my -mod line, however if I do include things in my -mod line, then the previously enabled mods won't load.

Too confusing compared to simply having to include everything in -mod, even as nice as it might be for defaults. But I guess if you don't switch between ACE and Vanilla then it might be good.

-XM8 has primary weapon (seems no one likes this, should've when with M4's, AK's..HK's..ANYTHING besides crappy XM8's...)

Actually, I do like the XM-8. The only thing is the sighting. It should have a red dot without magnification as well as the 3x scope. I would have wanted more weapons, like (as you said) some M4 variants (there are only two in Arrowhead AFAIR) and a HK-416/417, since they're also used by Delta.

I think we need to look at this DLC with a better perspective.

Some argue that it's a rip-off because there isn't much content, but it's a DLC about a Private Military Company, what do you expect?

Sure if it was an army of a country then complaints would be justified, but we're talking about a small business of civilians with access to a few SUVs and most of the weaponry we already have in ARMA2. What do you want them to have, squadrons of jets and divisions of tanks?

I think you're forgetting that PMC's have better gear than the regular GI, PMC's can buy there own gear so most of them use SF gear. The guys in this DLC look like broke airsoft players :D

I think you're forgetting that PMC's have better gear than the regular GI

And the XM8 is worse than the M16/M4 family by:

* Being lighter in weight.

* Ambidextrous operation.

* More rounds per barrel change.

* Less lubrication required.

* Better part interchangeability.

* Less prone to stoppages/bolt face foul.

?

Most of the PMCs are equipped with XM8s, some have AA12, but I think I also saw some M4s there. Why does it matter? In the end it's the bullet that counts, and in the game the 5.56 has some pretty massive problems.

Personally, I love the gun :)

And the XM8 is worse than the M16/M4 family by:

* Being nothing but a prototype, scrapped plastic.

* Not authentic, not used in the real world by mil or security forces.

* Toy looking weapon may atract the unwanted atention of children.

:confused: .

* Being nothing but a prototype, scrapped plastic.

* Not authentic, not used in the real world by mil or security forces.

* Toy looking weapon may atract the unwanted atention of children.

:confused: .

i concur.

Most of the PMCs are equipped with XM8s, some have AA12, but I think I also saw some M4s there. Why does it matter?

Because the XM8 is just not cool enough and in a Shooter game i want cool weapons !

Real Life is another thing. Most people think the G36 is not good looking but i would be my weapon of choice in RL. ;)