Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

Well i am a supporter of BIS since OFP 1.02 but imho this was the first money i shouldnt have spend - sry.

As already a lot of people mentioned, the units are at same quality or even worse than Comm. made ones.

The campaign seems to be cool so far, atmospheric as EW,...but i neednt pay for it, and the next point, which is much more annoying to me, i cant learn anything of it, like scripting or editing, what i did from EW.

I am sorry to assume, but i guess the new terrain was just an alibi content.

I am not very deep in terrain making, but i am sure this terrain didn´t take too long to develop.

I expect sth like UTES to be honest.

I was yesterday asked by my folks if to buy or not, and i said they should save the money, sorry.

Plz take your time for an upcoming DLC and create a big one like OA, and sell it like OA imho.

BAF was fine , PMC is well .... , both nothing you really need or bring you forward.OA brought us all forward.

I love the improvements, but fixxing existing bugs should have more priority.

Beside that, plz think about your politics of locking your campaigns....this is the part, the community can learn from and develop new and own ideas.

So far the last DLC i bought.

Sorry for my first negative post towards BIS.

(i already slept 24h before posting this)

Edited by Nephris1

Yeah, downloaded it and double clicked on the game and it said "not currently available at this time".

damn. same for me :(

I wasted all, and Asano doesn´t have nothing :s

Nvm, I will restart all the mission :pet5:

Check the link that I post, it works

I cant find the "exe" part he was on about, where do i find it?

I think the campiagn is good so far and i'm enjoying it. No low fps or stuttering too & runs good on my system

It's also a little different but fun.

I'm up2 the 5th mission with the anti material gun. Just got done by a BMP and have it and a T-72 to destry but might be out of ammo, see 2morrow

Edited by vasmkd
forgot spoiler

I've also noticed that the bushes and clutter and ground textures on "Proving Ground" in the Steam PMC Lite seem awful blurry and lo-res... No matter how close I get or how high I turn the settings they don't get any better...

Trees and buildings are OK... I thought maybe the patch had screwed something up but all other islands are fine with exactly the same settings... it's almost like its a "Proving Ground Lite"...

Maybe it's just me... Anyone else with Steam Update looked at the Proving Ground... ground...:rolleyes:

B

Thats the point, the placeholders are supposed to look like crap. Buy the DLC and it looks nice.

Its a much better solution than shutting non-DLC people out.

Edited by sparks50

I did not like anything

and I feel cheated :mad:

In Spain they say .... never bite the hand that feeds you

I think its brilliant that we have another DLC to play with, mission ideas increase 10 fold because of this.

The campaign is pretty cool too... :)

I cant find the "exe" part he was on about, where do i find it?

Well, first, I downloaded all the patch from steam, OA + BAF + PMC Lite, then I also updated with the NonSteam Patch 330MB.

In the ArmaOA main directory should be a folder named DLCSetup witch contains BAF and PMC

Well, first, I downloaded all the patch from steam, OA + BAF + PMC Lite, then I also updated with the NonSteam Patch 330MB.

In the ArmaOA main directory should be a folder named DLCSetup witch contains BAF and PMC

I looked at the new patch to download which it already has on Steam.

I found the links and tried what you originally said but doesn't work!

Edited by Jewell

Ok... Im stuck on 5th mission yet

Yes, my bodyguard does have some ammo for the AS50, so I destroyed that BMP-2, and now what? I destroyed already: 2 T-72, 1 T-34, 1 T-55, 1 BMP-2, 1 BRDM-2 and 1 M113... theres more? because I explored almost all the entire map and I dont see anything, its that bunker left? :crazy_o:

Campaign is nice so far, but it's in the patch..so all i can say is, baf had better content for this amount of money.I'm a bit disappointed, but as another guy said, thats my x-mas donation for you guys.

It's still the best game ever, even if this DLC was unnecessary

I looked at the new patch to download which it already has on Steam.

I found the links and tried what you originally said but doesn't work!

You have DLCSetup folder with BAF and PMC inside? copy datacachepreprocessor.exe from BAF and paste it to PMC, then execute it. If it doesnt work, I dont know :s

I cant believe I spend 2 hours in the 5th mission and cant finish it yet :pet5:

fuuuuu! I quit for now

Well I am currently playing through the campaign and I am loving it. Its great to get back to basics and not have to faff about micro managing the AI.

I cant understand all the negativity about the campaign being included in the lite version. If you want to play the game with such crappy graphics then you are welcome to it. Me? I prefer the paid for download with its crisp grahpics. Before I bought the game I knew the content and had made the decision that it was worth the price. It doesnt matter what was contained in the patch, for me the decision is based on what was in the PMC DLC and in my opinion it is worth the £8.

One more thing, bear in mind that DLC is still relatively new to BIS and they are still finding their feet and on a learning curve when it comes to how to best implement it so lets lighten up a bit on the accusations of BIS ripping us all off on this particular DLC. BIS have never sold their customers down the river in the way many other companies have and I dont expect them to start now. Its not what they are about.

There are things they may not get right first time but at least I am confident they will learn from that and improve upon it . Its all to easy to whinge and forget all the great content that they have already provided to us for free, so lets cut them a bit of slack in this regard. they have done enough positive things in the past to have earned that much at least

I just tried to use the new little drone with the UAV Module. Everytime i try to access the UAV it says"UAV is destroyed", but its right above me alive?! Please dont tell me you didnt even manage to make this new thing working! :( im using the example from Bis BIKI! http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/UAV

Edited by Coffeecat

When BAF was release all we had was negative reactions. About the price, the content, that all in the DLC was already available with mods etc. Now all are saying PMC is awful and BAF is the way to go.

I think if Bohemia listen to all of the users Arma will be shit. They have to do what the think is best as its their game, their creation, their company and the people that they don't like it to go and play COD 11. Also people compare Arma 2 and mods. This is reticules.

They are the best supporting company as they release patches, content for free. They are active in their forums and also Dwarden help me a lot of times through Steam chat. I never owned a game and chat with its developer. Bohemia is awesome and I will buy everything they release.

When BAF was release all we had was negative reactions. About the price, the content, that all in the DLC was already available with mods etc. Now all are saying PMC is awful and BAF is the way to go.

I think if Bohemia listen to all of the users Arma will be shit. They have to do what the think is best as its their game, their creation, their company and the people that they don't like it to go and play COD 11. Also people compare Arma 2 and mods. This is reticules.

They are the best supporting company as they release patches, content for free. They are active in their forums and also Dwarden help me a lot of times through Steam chat. I never owned a game and chat with its developer. Bohemia is awesome and I will buy everything they release.

You're right with everything you wrote. I only said i'm a bit disappointed that i cannot use the 2nd scope for xm8 without using an addon for it..

cheers lad

You have DLCSetup folder with BAF and PMC inside? copy datacachepreprocessor.exe from BAF and paste it to PMC, then execute it. If it doesnt work, I dont know :s

I cant believe I spend 2 hours in the 5th mission and cant finish it yet :pet5:

fuuuuu! I quit for now

I copied and pasted as you said and nothing yet.:confused:

+1 from me. Stop whining and enjoy the (compared to other devs) GREAT work of Bohemia Interactive!

I just tried to use the new little drone with the UAV Module. Everytime i try to access the UAV it says"UAV is destroyed", but its right above me alive?!

I get the same. Does the new one behave differently/need a different module?

As someone some pages back said, it's also rather bizarre that when you destroy the UAV, two crewmen parachute out of it.

Edit: Ah! - Try the ULB module instead...

Working for me when the ULB module synched with the Ka-UAV, a terminal (any vehicle) and the player.

Use the terminal, select ULB, you can guide the Ka-UAV using the map + 'q' and 'z' to rise/fall. If you choose the PKT variant, press 'f' to change from laser marker and then left click fires the MG.

It's not showing as destroyed for me. I set the UAV up as 'flying' in the editor.

I copied and pasted as you said and nothing yet.:confused:

and when you execute datacachepreprocessor.exe from PMC it does install the DLC? if it does, you have to go to steam then, and launch Arma2 OA not PMC

It definitely was, judging by the blurry loading screenshots/videos they included for it. :rolleyes:

Some of those screenshots are actually blurry on purpose. Like a camera shell-shocked out of focus. :yay:

Anyway, I have absolutely no regrets on forking out the dosh, since I got two DLCs for 13€, which is actually a bargain, considering MW2 made you pay 15€/$ each for two old maps and no new units or weapons. I seriously don't understand why you guys are so whiny about the Lite version. :confused:

Actually, my main and only gripe with this DLC is the Ka-60 not having a HUD.

Damn, Killing Floor is getting to me when it makes me call money dosh.

I seriously don't understand why you guys are so whiny about the Lite version.

If I sold you a box of toys for £10 and then gave the person standing next to you the same toys for free you'd probably be pissed off. Even more so if I told you that you'd actually paid money for the box and not the toys inside.

If I sold you a box of toys for £10 and then gave the person standing next to you the same toys for free you'd probably be pissed off. Even more so if I told you that you'd actually paid money for the box and not the toys inside.

Well said. But still, I enjoy knowing that when the PMCs speak, they won't puncture my eardrums. Or something like that. Even if they don't in the Lite version, they definitely don't in the DLC.