Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

Im a BIS fan of the first hour but even i am not sure if this really was worth my money but as i see it this money paves the way for a big russian themed DLC someday so maybe thats worth it.

PMCs are not too intresting, AA-12 looks a bit too simple ( even if it has a simple design far more is possible design wise when baking normals from high res models ).

Only good things are the nice but small Proving Grounds map which look really Stalker like, the Ka-137 drone and offcourse the Ka-60.

Btw, i think i already know how the russian version looks as i already had the joy of flying the camo version of this Ka-60 many many years ago in OFP ( never released by Sebastian müller ).

Amazing what some edits and new shaders + normals can do to such a old model.

Edited by Shadow NX

Well, I personally woukld like BIS to make a real addon to the game like OA was then those little DLCs. And you know what BIS? You can sell it even for full price, I´m gonna buy it as long as I can get it on DVD

Same here. BUt I'd really like to see some sort of AI enhancement Expansion, or Flight model enhancement. I'm ready to pay what I've paid for OA for such a thing (but it got to be solid improvement)

In my wildest dream BIS works together with Eagle Dynamics and they cook us the most advanced simulation ever created.

damn wrong thread...

Heck missed that on BAF how does one access the battle sights?

IIRC it's either numpad '/' or numpad '*'. It's a toggle between the scope and the backup sight.

In my wildest dream BIS works together with Eagle Dynamics and they cook us the most advanced simulation ever created.

Haha, I've fantasised about that too. :)

Too much Inception... :D

“You mustn't be afraid to dream bigger, darling.†Line from the movie is in one of the cutscenes Also mission name is Inception

“You mustn't be afraid to dream bigger, darling.â€

Too bad they didn't apply that line to the amount of content in the DLC

trololololol

In my wildest dream BIS works together with Eagle Dynamics and they cook us the most advanced simulation ever created.damn wrong thread...

That would be awesome, but you'd probably need a supercomputer to run it... :)

a big russian themed DLC s
well, if you put it that way....then yes, it's worth the money:D

But! only if they remove them from the "opfor" side and add a huge campaign, since I'm sick and tired of seeing the russians as the enemy and playing as nato guys....

@hamish: well, of course I am aware that this is an attempt to reduce piracy, but still it's pretty unsatisfying beeing unable to do what makes Arma different from all other games.

and, I didn't request it, I just said that in my opinion it would have been better if they were moddable ;) but yeah you're right, and the people we should "thank" for that are those thieving subjects....

eventually got into the campaign. Must say it is very immersive with the wind and paper and things all around. Nice crows too.

got work to do or else i'd be playing a lor more - has a real good feel to the action. Didn't notice autoheal yet, but am only starting 4th mission. frame rates mostly in the 50fps + so far with 3600m viewdistance, no AA and everything else on high except post-processing which is on very low.

edit - just played the new map called proving gorunds. it is really good, with varied terrain and bare trees. very nice feel to it, if anything I'd agree though that it could extend further but it is IMO real interesting to play.

Edited by twisted

well, if you put it that way....then yes, it's worth the money:D

But! only if they remove them from the "opfor" side and add a huge campaign, since I'm sick and tired of seeing the russians as the enemy and playing as nato guys....

Off topic, but... it's a shame there are fixed sides anyway. I would have liked to see the ability to define sides myself. Like Russians and NATO as peacekeeping troops in Takistan, and the insurgents on the OPFOR side, or any combination of these that the mission designer wants.

Off topic, but... it's a shame there are fixed sides anyway. I would have liked to see the ability to define sides myself. Like Russians and NATO as peacekeeping troops in Takistan, and the insurgents on the OPFOR side, or any combination of these that the mission designer wants.

Put Russian and NATO troops in a group, make sure a NATO unit is the leader of the group, the Russian forces in that group will then be allied with all NATO units and their allies...

Back on topic: So...I basically paid 10 dollars for a game I can't even play?

There is no health re-gen or auto-heal. Whoever started saying that simply hasn't played enough Arma, or was playing on an ultra-recruit mode (if that exists?)

What i was seeing was the temporary damage caused by the blast from an explosion (experienced frequently in the first mission). It throws up some blood on the screen and makes your aim slightly worse for a few seconds then is gone. This has been in-game since OA as far as i know. (or earlier?)

I was shot a couple times in the first mission and my weapon continued to sway until the end of the mission, also my character kept moaning in pain, so i'm fairly confident there is no auto-heal.

However, your friendly AI units do indeed seem to be invincible...I guess people got annoyed at having to restart everytime a friendly died in Harvest Red so they made them invincible? (not confirmed, but i saw a friendly take more than a few shots to the chest and he didn't die).

If you're talking about a mission where you are not in charge, I don't mind. It's very frustrating when the AI just runs around like headless chickens and die, and you can't do anything about it.

But I really hope that AI troops that are under your command are not invincible. That would be awful. The whole point of playing as a commander is to keep your men alive by using proper tactics when ordering them around.

I'm looking forward to trying the new campaign, but so far PMC does not seem to work on Steam. I hope that someone is working on fixing that.

Edited by Johan S

Yeah, friendly, important AI not under your command are sometimes protected by no damage or at least higher resistance to damage.

See the last fights in EW, for example.

Its not the case when you're in charge so far, your guys in BAF can die pretty easily :)

If you're talking about a mission where you are not in charge, I don't mind. It's very frustrating when the AI just runs around like headless chickens and die, and you can't do anything about it.

But I really hope that AI troops that are under your command are not invincible. That would be awful. The whole point of playing as a commander is to keep your men alive by using proper tactics when ordering them around.

Ahh good point. I've only got through the first mission so far, so i haven't been put in control of anyone yet. You're right though, it would be extremely annoying to have the AI run off and get themselves killed, so for that reason i can excuse the AI being invincible.

Hopefully in future missions they are capable of dying. Even better would be if it's like BAF in which units aren't replaced at the start of each mission.

See the last fights in EW, for example.

Really? Never noticed it in EW - Though in my defense, i was more concerned with my own life at that particular moment. :p

Edited by Nokturnal1ne

I liked the idea of this DLC (a new take on combat), and although the new vehicles and weapons are not plentiful I enjoyed using them in editor and campaign.

To be totally honest though when I played on the Lite version and used the new map I thought that was a segment of what the actual map looked like in the DLC so knowing that the campaign was already in the lite version I bought the DLC, thinking that the map would be it's true size (about 5x bigger and had more of a STALKER feel (Chernobyl))However I was (very) disappointed to see it the same size.

I really enjoyed the BAF DLC, but not so much this one :(

My main question is How do i get Zargabad to have all that destruction?

1.) Place an empty marker on your map and call it "destroyCenter"

2.)Put this code into a int file in your mission, or add to an existing one.

["destroyCenter"] call bis_fnc_destroyCity;

Will then destroy some parts of the city :)

Put Russian and NATO troops in a group, make sure a NATO unit is the leader of the group, the Russian forces in that group will then be allied with all NATO units and their allies...

Yeah, I know how that works, but that's a pain in the backside if you are doing a campaign on that.

i just completed the campaign an am very statisfied with it :)

its a nice variety to the many superrealistic missis, but i really hope this aint gonna be the future of bis games :butbut: ...

healthreg & ivincible team is nice to have in this action based campaign but PLEASE FOCUS MORE ON MILITARY & REALISM in next dlc :pray:

I have read all the posts prior to this, and have played with the 1.56 patch and then paid for a few copies of PMC DLC.

The quality of the models are good, the campaign is short but enjoyable and challenging. And the proving grounds map is interesting and looks quite post apocalyptic.

I have always tried to keep a positive attitude towards BIS games. and have always supported you guys with my wallet buying AT LEAST two copies of everything you put out. VBS2 included. I am not sure how i really feel about this particular release.

All in all, this is a another great addition to the game. BUT (there is always a but) the lack of single player senarios was the main thing that i didnt understand. And frankly Proving ground, as good as it looks is tiny, I am not sure exactly what it can be used for in its current size.

So to all of you at BIS, please use the cost of my two copies of PMC to buy yourselves a case of beer and have a drink for christmas. I will just have to suck it up and consider the cost of this particular DLC a 'donation' for all the fun i have had with the entire series so far.

I for one dont feel 'ripped off' just slightly bewildered at the lack of differences between the 'lite' version and the paid for product. Anyway thankyou for the effort you have put into this.

Regards./

I've screwed up the mission?

I wasted many antimaterial bullets on the enemy soldiers, and now I dont have more ammo to destroy all vehicles, I finished one with 2-3 last shots and 2 grenades, another one with 2 Stinger misile because I missed 1 shot, I think only left a BMP2 and I dont have nothing more to throw at him :butbut: is there some ammo box nerby or something? :(

Awesome campaign, Im almost finishing it? dont worry about spoiling me, I dont care. Thx

Also, this guy (TMMDelta6) found a solution for PMC wont start problem, and it works!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624251

Edited by SpetS15

I've screwed up the mission?

I wasted many antimaterial bullets on the enemy soldiers, and now I dont have more ammo to destroy all vehicles, I finished one with 2-3 last shots and 2 grenades, another one with 2 Stinger misile because I missed 1 shot, I think only left a BMP2 and I dont have nothing more to throw at him :butbut: is there some ammo box nerby or something? :(

Awesome campaign, Im almost finishing it? dont worry about spoiling me, I dont care. Thx

Also, this guy (TMMDelta6) found a solution for PMC wont start problem, and it works!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624251

Check you and your bodygurad's backpack

has anyone else had trouble geting the steam vershion working?

Yeah, downloaded it and double clicked on the game and it said "not currently available at this time".

I loaded up ARMA2: AH, and enabled the game "PMC" "Enable" but it wont let me load up its campaign! Even tho on the main screen it says "Private Military Company"

So at the mo, its not working.

Check you and your bodygurad's backpack

I wasted all, and Asano doesn´t have nothing :s

Nvm, I will restart all the mission :pet5:

Yeah, downloaded it and double clicked on the game and it said "not currently available at this time".

I loaded up ARMA2: AH, and enabled the game "PMC" "Enable" but it wont let me load up its campaign! Even tho on the main screen it says "Private Military Company"

So at the mo, its not working.

Check the link that I post, it works

Edited by SpetS15