Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

Wait a minute! theres no campaign with the patch, what are this people talking about?

Yes there is. The PMC campaign is installed with 1.56. Basically everything is. The only thing you get for paying for PMC that I've seen so far is a non-blurry loading screen of a street lamp. :rolleyes: Really hope someone can show me what I missed.

Excuse me again:

Btw can you guys use 2nd XM8 crosshair like g36?

Nope, they left out the secondary sights from what I can see.

Rly?

Definitely not something worth jumping up and down and saying "I'm dissapointed BIS" over.

Well, I do consider myself a BIS fanboy, ever since I first played OFP:CWC back in the days. I love the game, and I don't think there is a single day without me starting it up to play around (okay, maybe sometimes I skip it).

Still, I *am* disappointed. I am not going to ask my money back, and I will buy the next DLC as well if it comes out, however there's a number of points that I am disappointed about and I don't think it's exaggerated to be disappointed about it.

1. No single missions. BAF had a bunch of them, even a PMC mission; PMC has none, or I haven't found them.
  2. Campaign isn't bad but not stellar, and individual missions so far have been very short (mission 3 took me 5 minutes). And too many machine gunners, I swear some missions have a fetish on them ;)
  3. I don't mind seeing the stuff included for free in the patch, but it somewhat defeats the point of paid DLC. No problem for me, I'm glad they have PMC lite as well as BAF lite, but I do think the campaign should have been DLC exclusive.
  4. There's only XM8, AA-12 and the new version of the AS50 (a gun that was already in BAF) as new weapons. I would have really liked to see a few more M4 variations, since the original ArmA II M4's don't have lasers or CQB optics.
  5. Love the Minigun on the SUV, but I would have liked to see more vehicles.
  6. I really like the look of the new map, but it could have been a bit larger. It's fine for a few missions, but some village with more houses would have made it better.

In general, this DLC is a let-down. It's not about the amount of money I paid, heck I would do it again even if I knew what was coming, but in general, I feel disappointed. Not necessarily ripped off, but disappointed. Even if nothing had been included in the patch, I would feel disappointed. I don't mind the 9 Euros I paid, and I didn't really have any issues with downloading; still this DLC leaves a stale taste. I sincerely hope the next one will be better (Really would like to see an OPFOR DLC with Russians).

the suv with the minigun.....hmmm silly but fun. Major thumbs down on the xm8. The optics chosen for the first missions are really annoying. Dont use cross hairs so using optics means staring at a takis crotch at 20 meters. I ended up dumbing the xm8 and picking up an rpk. Btw, why so many rpk guys in the first mission? I am enjoying the voice acting. The new map is small but once you get down into it, its quite nice. Lots of folds of the earth, good textures, nice dead trees, just wish it was bigger. Felt the same way about utes....wish it was bigger. The story telling aspect is better. Its obvious this is where the bugget and time went. Its a step in the right direction. The mission with the as50 felt more like a tech demo of whats changed in the arma series than an actual campaign mission. Needed....yes, but more thought in design aspect. Im enjoying the dlc so far and, yes i paid for it and ill do it again. Just dont need to rush it so much BIS. You listen to guys who say story and get bashed by people wanting even more content. No win situation.

As much as i love this community, i really hate seeing how negative people become when a new DLC is released. People quickly forget that we are still getting way more content than the majority of other companies release as DLC. Granted it's usually not without it's issues, but it's worth noting that the base-game of Arma 2 (pre-OA) still has more content than some games have in an entire series.

I hate bringing it up, as it's an old comparison, but 3 maps for CoD for $15..

For Arma we get a map, units, weapons, vehicles, campaign, engine improvements....Seriously people, just releax and enjoy the new content.

They even deliver all that content, including the campaign, for free. How many other companies do this? Most of them essentially say "buy the DLC or stop playing MP".

Keep in mind, nobody forced you to buy the DLC, and personally i pre-ordered it without even considering the content because i want to support BIS in anyway possible and keep the Armaverse fresh and alive. I'm sure i'm not the only one either.

I would hate to think a few very loud individuals bitching about anything/everything they can think of might result in BIS one day saying they give up and then not bother to release anymore DLC or expansions in the future. I think we can all agree that wouldn't be a good outcome.

To those complaining about the price - As it's already been mentioned, this is the price of one meal....If you seriously can't afford to spend such a tiny amount of $$$ on this DLC, maybe you need to get your priorities in order and instead of playing a video game, get a job.

To those complaining about the size of the map - Yes it's small, so what?

You are only ever limited by your own imagination, just because YOU can't think of a mission to be made on a small map doesn't mean there aren't people who can, and will, make good use of this.

What about those who enjoy smaller infantry based missions, which don't require a 5-15min long journey inbetween action. (I don't mind those missions either, but it's nice to have smaller action-packed missions available too).

Also consider the people with computers that barely handle Chernarus with one unit on the map - For them, these smaller maps are ideal.

Now that i'm done defending the map - I agree that it is quite small, and i too would love a much larger map for the next DLC - Perhaps BIS should do as Enad suggests and take a few months before releasing the next pack.

However i think if they were to work 3-4x as long/hard as they did on this DLC, and provide twice as much content and a larger map, they would be entitled to raise the price, which would no doubt piss off even more people than the current DLCs have done :rolleyes: Not sure they want to go down that route.

Perhaps just hold off on DLCs and release another OA-sized expansion in the middle of 2011?

Just a few thoughts..

To those complaining about the quality of the videos/audio - You are more or less the minority here...Not saying the devs shouldn't attempt to help you, but there are alot of people, myself included, who have no issues with either and it's most likely a problem with your own PC hardware/software...Definitely not something worth jumping up and down and saying "I'm dissapointed BIS" over.

And finally, to those bitching about the download speeds - The game is less than 12 hours old, did you really expect to get the fastest speeds with so many other people downloading at the same time?...Once again, calm down and just be thankful that you don't live in Australia. (my fellow Aussies know what i'm talkin' bout...)

I do have to agree with the angry crowd about one thing though.

The fact the entire DLC was more or less given away for free, isn't a very good move. I can easily see why people are pissed off that they paid money to basically get higher quality content. I like the idea of everybody having everything, but as someone suggested perhaps a teaser campaign for those who didn't buy the DLC would of been a better idea - That way those of us who did buy the DLC, can feel as though we got something for our $ rather than just having the feeling of being more financially supportive....

I'm sure i'll still get quite a few angry replies from all that i've said - But just to save you all some time, PM me your abuse. I will be posting this and then getting back to work, so i won't bother to read any replies you post here...Plus it's easier to ignore them them all and just hit delete when they're in the inbox. ;)

Finally - Thank you BIS for the continued support and additions to the game :) But in the future, please let those of us who supported you, get something unique/special for our support.

+1 mate very well said.

As to BI I personally thank you for the DLC and I would gladly pay again for another DLC or any other work you put out for ARMA in the future, just to show that your ongoing support and dedication to the game justifies the price of any and all of your work to me personally.

Well done :D :yay:

Yes there is. The PMC campaign is installed with 1.56. Basically everything is. The only thing you get for paying for PMC that I've seen so far is a non-blurry loading screen of a street lamp. :rolleyes: Really hope someone can show me what I missed.

I downloaded 3GB patch from steam and I can´t find the campaigg, neither Armex

I don't think the patch comes with the campaign ..... which is good, cause I liked the format they used in BAF, I think that worked well.

Interesting... Well, the download one did. :) Here's what PMC looks like without PMC:

zPtZvO51PBI&hd=1

I would gladly pay again for another DLC or any other work you put out for ARMA in the future

I'll do the same, and I am not concerned about the money I forked out, or the fact that people got it for free.

Still, it's a disappointment how little was in the DLC, especially compared to BAF which was a lot better.

BTW, I really liked Operation Skalisty, especially in co-op ;)

I really love the new chopper and the minigun SUV, and I REALLY love the new island's terrain, but I wish it were bigger. My biggest problem is the lack of continuity. This might not have been so bad had BAF not been so high-quality. But when you put the two side-by-side, BAF set the bar and this just did not live up. First off, we REALLY need an ammo box for the new weapons. I was also disappointed by the lack of side-missions. Those are some of my favorite parts. Wish there were more new weapons too :/

I'll do the same, and I am not concerned about the money I forked out, or the fact that people got it for free.

Still, it's a disappointment how little was in the DLC, especially compared to BAF which was a lot better.

BTW, I really liked Operation Skalisty, especially in co-op ;)

+1 Exactly how I feel.

I don't care that I spent the money, it's just not what I was expecting. I would of rather spent my money on something better, but that's not the point. Compared to BAF, this DLC is just...sad. It's just not on the same level.

Map is waaaay to small, units are junk basically as Binkowski said. Yet to try campaign but from what I hear its not amazing. :(

By the way, whoever came up with the new credits thing, kudos to you! That's such an amazing effect! :) Died once coz I just kept moving back and forth in awe. heh

I dont see the campaignnnnnnnnnnnnn aaaahhggg!!! Im mad!!!

Its inside single player-campaign-operation black gauntlet.

Hey! Im going to buy it too...

Anyway, now Im upgrading BAF from Steam 200MB, maybe there is the low res campaing, witch Im going to play again (maybe) when I get the full PMC... witch IS NOT available in the stupid Steam YET! Im mad!!!

Edit:

Its inside single player-campaign-operation black gauntlet.

Nop. I dont see it

As much as i love this community, i really hate seeing how negative people become when a new DLC is released. People quickly forget that we are still getting way more content than the majority of other companies release as DLC. Granted it's usually not without it's issues, but it's worth noting that the base-game of Arma 2 (pre-OA) still has more content than some games have in an entire series.

I hate bringing it up, as it's an old comparison, but 3 maps for CoD for $15..

For Arma we get a map, units, weapons, vehicles, campaign, engine improvements....Seriously people, just releax and enjoy the new content.

They even deliver all that content, including the campaign, for free. How many other companies do this? Most of them essentially say "buy the DLC or stop playing MP".

Keep in mind, nobody forced you to buy the DLC, and personally i pre-ordered it without even considering the content because i want to support BIS in anyway possible and keep the Armaverse fresh and alive. I'm sure i'm not the only one either.

I would hate to think a few very loud individuals bitching about anything/everything they can think of might result in BIS one day saying they give up and then not bother to release anymore DLC or expansions in the future. I think we can all agree that wouldn't be a good outcome.

To those complaining about the price - As it's already been mentioned, this is the price of one meal....If you seriously can't afford to spend such a tiny amount of $$$ on this DLC, maybe you need to get your priorities in order and instead of playing a video game, get a job.

To those complaining about the size of the map - Yes it's small, so what?

You are only ever limited by your own imagination, just because YOU can't think of a mission to be made on a small map doesn't mean there aren't people who can, and will, make good use of this.

What about those who enjoy smaller infantry based missions, which don't require a 5-15min long journey inbetween action. (I don't mind those missions either, but it's nice to have smaller action-packed missions available too).

Also consider the people with computers that barely handle Chernarus with one unit on the map - For them, these smaller maps are ideal.

Now that i'm done defending the map - I agree that it is quite small, and i too would love a much larger map for the next DLC - Perhaps BIS should do as Enad suggests and take a few months before releasing the next pack.

However i think if they were to work 3-4x as long/hard as they did on this DLC, and provide twice as much content and a larger map, they would be entitled to raise the price, which would no doubt piss off even more people than the current DLCs have done :rolleyes: Not sure they want to go down that route.

Perhaps just hold off on DLCs and release another OA-sized expansion in the middle of 2011?

Just a few thoughts..

To those complaining about the quality of the videos/audio - You are more or less the minority here...Not saying the devs shouldn't attempt to help you, but there are alot of people, myself included, who have no issues with either and it's most likely a problem with your own PC hardware/software...Definitely not something worth jumping up and down and saying "I'm dissapointed BIS" over.

And finally, to those bitching about the download speeds - The game is less than 12 hours old, did you really expect to get the fastest speeds with so many other people downloading at the same time?...Once again, calm down and just be thankful that you don't live in Australia. (my fellow Aussies know what i'm talkin' bout...)

I do have to agree with the angry crowd about one thing though.

The fact the entire DLC was more or less given away for free, isn't a very good move. I can easily see why people are pissed off that they paid money to basically get higher quality content. I like the idea of everybody having everything, but as someone suggested perhaps a teaser campaign for those who didn't buy the DLC would of been a better idea - That way those of us who did buy the DLC, can feel as though we got something for our $ rather than just having the feeling of being more financially supportive....

I'm sure i'll still get quite a few angry replies from all that i've said - But just to save you all some time, PM me your abuse. I will be posting this and then getting back to work, so i won't bother to read any replies you post here...Plus it's easier to ignore them them all and just hit delete when they're in the inbox. ;)

Finally - Thank you BIS for the continued support and additions to the game :) But in the future, please let those of us who supported you, get something unique/special for our support.

Completly agree :thumbsup:

so how exactly does one find and use the PMC weapons in say... the editor?

Just put down the PMC Ammobo--- oh wait, no head over to the Editor forums and manually give yourself the new weapons.

so how exactly does one find and use the PMC weapons in say... the editor?

In the init of the player unit:

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "MagazineClassname"; this addWeapon "WeaponClassname";

Here are the classlists:

Weapons

AA12_PMC

m8_carbine

m8_carbine_pmc

m8_carbineGL

m8_compact

m8_compact_pmc

m8_sharpshooter

m8_SAW

m8_holo_sd

m8_tws_sd

m8_tws

PMC_AS50_scoped

PMC_AS50_TWS

Magazines

TimeBomb

PMC_ied_v1

PMC_ied_v2

PMC_ied_v3

PMC_ied_v4

8Rnd_B_Saiga12_74Slug

8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug

8Rnd_B_Saiga12_Pellets

8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets

20Rnd_B_AA12_Pellets

20Rnd_B_AA12_74Slug

20Rnd_B_AA12_HE

29Rnd_30mm_AGS30_heli

100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag_airLock

Just put down the PMC Ammobo--- oh wait, no head over to the Editor forums and manually give yourself the new weapons.

thnx for the reply but umm... wut?

thnx for the reply but umm... wut?

See Hamm's post just above yours. Those are the weapon classnames to use. Like, to arm up with the new AA12 put this in your player's init:

removeAllWeapons this;  {this addMagazine "20Rnd_B_AA12_Pellets"} forEach [1,2,3,4,5]; this addWeapon "AA12_PMC";

That'll give you the AA12 and 5 reloads.

Well, I have steam, and have downloaded the patch.

I got one error message, "could not create..." and then the game launched. It's now 1.56, but the campaign, which I was looking forward to, isn't there, no matter how many times I verify the game files.

How do I get the campaign?