Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

Sad to hear about the map. :( :(

Was really hoping BIS would give us something nice in this DLC....

Anyone else think BIS should take more time with the DLCs so we can get more content(more units, larger maps especially)? I think BIS should work on the next DLC till May or something, so when it comes out, we get our moneys worth with loads of new units, a large terrain, good long campaign.

It's the maps in the past two DLCs that have bugged me. What's the point of such a small map. ArmA is a large scale game, so why give us maps it takes 5 minutes to run across!? From what I've seen of the new map(Still downloading 1.56 Patch, been two hours since I started the DL) it looks really cool, but everyone says it's tiny. :(

Not good.

Weapons

AA12_PMC

m8_carbine

m8_carbine_pmc

m8_carbineGL

m8_compact

m8_compact_pmc

m8_sharpshooter

m8_SAW

m8_holo_sd

m8_tws_sd

m8_tws

PMC_AS50_scoped

PMC_AS50_TWS

Magazines

TimeBomb

PMC_ied_v1

PMC_ied_v2

PMC_ied_v3

PMC_ied_v4

8Rnd_B_Saiga12_74Slug

8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug

8Rnd_B_Saiga12_Pellets

8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets

20Rnd_B_AA12_Pellets

20Rnd_B_AA12_74Slug

20Rnd_B_AA12_HE

29Rnd_30mm_AGS30_heli

100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag_airLock

The only thing I was looking forward to was the map, but it looks pretty tiny. They could have at least had a less drastic fade at the edges, maybe made it twice the size with gradually less objects into the wilderness.

Edited by Daniel

Sad to hear bad reviews about PMC:(

For me this new DLC is excellent so far :D

I don't understand those who say the new map is bad. It's small, yes but it looks very good overall. I like it though I was hoping for a larger map. It's imho better than Desert or Shapur.

This DLC is not as good as BAF but I still like it.

Love the voice acting, dislike small map, again. Campaign so far is good. A lot more of a personal touch I think. On the whole I'm pleased but the whole "free" campaign debate does leave a bitter taste... I think it should have been a teaser, 3-5 missions max. Keep the 'lite' for MP only.

As previously mentioned, I too would like to see BIS take a while longer to produce bigger more substantial content.

Thanks Bohemia.

tbh im upset about the functionality of a working ka-127. However it makes up for when it's crashing, it has a very large kill radius

Maybe a couple of small maps that greatly contrast each other would have helped soothe the bigger maps gripe?

Any way to fix the stuttering cutscenes? They are completely unwatchable for me. I don't want to play the campaign without seeing those.

I got around the problem by rolling back to PMC Lite, which is quite comical, if one thinks about it. :)

Think it may already have been mentioned, but I thought I saw pics of a summer version of Chenarus?

I might have got hold of the wrong end of the stick though, thought we were getting it with this DLC.. oh well, something to look forward to in the next one maybe :)

Wow. Just checked out PMC DLC and its....really not that good....

Units look worse than some community made addons, its basically old stuff thrown on some old models, and they all have fucking balaclavas. :angryfire:

Why?!?!11/1?!?

Map is cool but it's about 1x1km.... FPDR and it lags alot too.

Seems the campaign is the only thing left. Gonna try that later this week.

Would be cool if the PMCs were more desert oriented instead of the majority of them wearing stupid navy blue or something.

Overall, this DLC should of been free or $5. Not nearly worth $10, while BAF totally was. If you, BIS, could produce some more DLCs with units the quality of BAF and the maps the size of Takistan, then we'll be getting somewhere.

Edited by Enad

I'm globally quite disappointed. This is not of the caliber of BAF.

The campaign is nice (lots of small nice touches a la EW, so hats off to Gaia) and would probably be worth the money... if it wasn't for free already. And the hi-rez videos aren't really justifying the price gap... They're not really spectacular and you don't lose much in lower quality, so what's the point ? They just take more space on my hard drive rather than in-game cutscenes.

I also feel that the map is very disappointing again (after shapur). It's a little bit more bumpy, so let's wait and see if it can have its uses, but it's so small and empty I wonder what you can do with it.

Overall, this DLC should of been free or $5.

+1 If BAF was well worth the money, I feel this one is not delivering. One chopper, one recycled SUV and one tiny tiny map ? 4/5 euros max... and that's for the campaign.

If you think of it, 1.56 is a VERY good patch, provided it includes all that's worth in PMC, but there's nothing else left for the DLC.

Edited by EricM

so, i have to say that 2010 is the year of video game hype yes?

I must be one of the lucky ones... I have no lags on map, fraps says 60-70fps (me + around 5AIs on map), also campaign cut scenes are fluent, both fullscreen and those in phone.

Shame the cut scenes aren't working for everyone as apparently they are what we paid for (+those little hi-res models).

Wow. Just checked out PMC DLC and its....really not that good....

Units look worse than some community made addons,

Yes, the quality of the XM8 in the first mission (all I've played) is well, frankly pants. Compared to BAF I'm quite puzzled at the apparent difference in quality. Also, as there were no scenarios, thought I'd try that quick mission builder thingy on the new map. Spawned in a helicopter, nowhere near the bit of the map with objects, and then it wouldn't land so I couldn't get out...sound familiar?:rolleyes: Really puzzled by this PMC (so far). I love BI and love ArmA but, I'm wondering if they're beginning to drop the ball.

I had a very quick look in the editor and so far it seems slightly underwhelming. I'm sure there's stuff I can use in missions but the map is quite small again and while the units are OK, I already had most weapons in A2 (the XM8 is basically lifted from A2 and put into the DLC I guess, except for some minor changes that I could see. Also, no CQB sights!).

Helicopter and SUV with minigun are pretty badass but it looks like they went with the 'cool'-factor more to appease the easily impressed gamer rather than go with what would really enrich the game. Shotgun is a nice addition though.

I'll take a closer look later on, and probably do a little video review as well.

Good job for not fixing the bug with throwing grenades on the move that has been there since the release of OA.

I have the same feelings.

And about free campaign with patch? - I am not mad because someone get it for free, its okay with me, except one thing, BIS should release the campaing for free later, not at the same time as those who bought this.

Next time I will check the content of DLC more properly and think more about pre-ordering.

Sorry for my poor English.

Take this as if youre making a donation to BIS (?)

I have to buy it by Steam... I cant buy it from sprocket because I dont have credit card, so a friend of mine buy it for me and then send to me as a gift

Whats with people whining about the campaign being in the patch. You do know that the low quality version is VERY ugly and the sounds in it make your ears bleed?

I just played through the first mission without installing PMC. The visuals and sounds are damn near perfect. It's so dusty and windy that you don't notice any blur on the units and voices are crisp and clear.

The intro video still played, just looks like crap, but everything else... completely playable. Anyone that didn't buy PMC got a hell of a good deal. Merry Christmas.

As much as i love this community, i really hate seeing how negative people become when a new DLC is released. People quickly forget that we are still getting way more content than the majority of other companies release as DLC. Granted it's usually not without it's issues, but it's worth noting that the base-game of Arma 2 (pre-OA) still has more content than some games have in an entire series.

I hate bringing it up, as it's an old comparison, but 3 maps for CoD for $15..

For Arma we get a map, units, weapons, vehicles, campaign, engine improvements....Seriously people, just releax and enjoy the new content.

They even deliver all that content, including the campaign, for free. How many other companies do this? Most of them essentially say "buy the DLC or stop playing MP".

Keep in mind, nobody forced you to buy the DLC, and personally i pre-ordered it without even considering the content because i want to support BIS in anyway possible and keep the Armaverse fresh and alive. I'm sure i'm not the only one either.

I would hate to think a few very loud individuals bitching about anything/everything they can think of might result in BIS one day saying they give up and then not bother to release anymore DLC or expansions in the future. I think we can all agree that wouldn't be a good outcome.

To those complaining about the price - As it's already been mentioned, this is the price of one meal....If you seriously can't afford to spend such a tiny amount of $$$ on this DLC, maybe you need to get your priorities in order and instead of playing a video game, get a job.

To those complaining about the size of the map - Yes it's small, so what?

You are only ever limited by your own imagination, just because YOU can't think of a mission to be made on a small map doesn't mean there aren't people who can, and will, make good use of this.

What about those who enjoy smaller infantry based missions, which don't require a 5-15min long journey inbetween action. (I don't mind those missions either, but it's nice to have smaller action-packed missions available too).

Also consider the people with computers that barely handle Chernarus with one unit on the map - For them, these smaller maps are ideal.

Now that i'm done defending the map - I agree that it is quite small, and i too would love a much larger map for the next DLC - Perhaps BIS should do as Enad suggests and take a few months before releasing the next pack.

However i think if they were to work 3-4x as long/hard as they did on this DLC, and provide twice as much content and a larger map, they would be entitled to raise the price, which would no doubt piss off even more people than the current DLCs have done :rolleyes: Not sure they want to go down that route.

Perhaps just hold off on DLCs and release another OA-sized expansion in the middle of 2011?

Just a few thoughts..

To those complaining about the quality of the videos/audio - You are more or less the minority here...Not saying the devs shouldn't attempt to help you, but there are alot of people, myself included, who have no issues with either and it's most likely a problem with your own PC hardware/software...Definitely not something worth jumping up and down and saying "I'm dissapointed BIS" over.

And finally, to those bitching about the download speeds - The game is less than 12 hours old, did you really expect to get the fastest speeds with so many other people downloading at the same time?...Once again, calm down and just be thankful that you don't live in Australia. (my fellow Aussies know what i'm talkin' bout...)

I do have to agree with the angry crowd about one thing though.

The fact the entire DLC was more or less given away for free, isn't a very good move. I can easily see why people are pissed off that they paid money to basically get higher quality content. I like the idea of everybody having everything, but as someone suggested perhaps a teaser campaign for those who didn't buy the DLC would of been a better idea - That way those of us who did buy the DLC, can feel as though we got something for our $ rather than just having the feeling of being more financially supportive....

I'm sure i'll still get quite a few angry replies from all that i've said - But just to save you all some time, PM me your abuse. I will be posting this and then getting back to work, so i won't bother to read any replies you post here...Plus it's easier to ignore them them all and just hit delete when they're in the inbox. ;)

Finally - Thank you BIS for the continued support and additions to the game :) But in the future, please let those of us who supported you, get something unique/special for our support.

They even deliver all that content, including the campaign, for free.

Exactly, so basically we buy a somewhat high-res texture/audiopack. BI really shouldnt have included the whole campaign in the patch, thats not lite.

Models are quite worthless, they are nice to have in the default game but the community poops them out too so i dont care too much about them, quality campaigns however are much rarer and i am willing to pay for those.

Though i didnt really have any expectations from the map anyway so i wont complain about that, Chernarus took forever to make so expecting something similar in such a short timeframe was a waste of time anyway. It's nice but ill probably never use it, like those maps(Or was it just 1 map?) that came with BAF.

Edited by NeMeSiS

i'm quite disappointed in this new dlc. yes it has some potential, i do enjoy the campaign visuals. the voice acting is terrible, which is as per typical of a bohemia game though. the units do not impress me at all, they are just a mix of the force recon, us army, and czech special forces guys with civilian clothing on. the lack of single player scenarios, as well as the tiny map called "proving grounds" is a real disappointment as well. also regarding the campaign also being included in the "lite" version....well, why the hell was a price tag placed on this dlc if everything is available for free? other than the downside of having low-resolution textures. the cutscenes in the campaign are extremely stuttery as well, where i miss half of what the characters are saying. also, if these cutscenes is the new "video playback" feature then the quality is terrible.

Wait a minute! theres no campaign with the patch, what are this people talking about?