Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

PMC campaign - Vocation

Any idea how to fulfill the objective "Shift away the civilians"?

I found 4 civilian groups and shot some rounds near them and they ran away leaving the compound, but the objective doesn't change and nothing happens. Restarted several times - always the same.

Am I not seeing something? Or is this a showstopper?

Any hint?

And what's the alternative to make them go away if not shooting near them?

Edit: Ok, now it worked (with the alternative :) ).

The alternative is: Throw smoke grenades near the civi groups and they will go away. After doing this the mission also resumed.

Edited by Undeceived

It did not resume after I threw smoke nades... maybe need to restart.

there are 3 of them right?

Ah so we're not allowed to shot up in the air to make them go away? i'll try with the smoke as well then. I just spent 15 mins running around searching for more groups...

Use hand smoke grenades, 4 groups...

First time I shot in the air and it never ended, second time I smoked them and it was over in 5min

I have tried a number of times both with firing shots over the 4 groups heads and using the smoke launcher, no matter what the mission wont continue.

So there is certainly a bug here of some sort.

edit: actually only two hand-helds, so that wouldn't make a difference.

I haven't tried exclusively hand smokes... back in a tick.

edit:

Quit to camp menu then reverted, and as soon as I fire smoke at the first group I got a reaction from one of the team, so hopefully that's worked it.

Edited by Electricleash

hmmm, just follow your team leader around....goes right the various groups..... Throwing smoke, didnt think of that. I just ran up to the 1st group and fired a round over their heads. After that i let the guy with the shotgun do it... Hay ROE said dont kill, didnt say dont shoot.

Ah so we're not allowed to shot up in the air to make them go away? i'll try with the smoke as well then. I just spent 15 mins running around searching for more groups...

It's rather strange, you shoot in the air, they run away screaming. You throw or shoot smoke, they run away screaming. The latter works, the former doesn't :j:

I threw smoke grenades at all 4 groups and the missions didn't continue. I suppose it is a bug. Will try again later.

You have to fire a smoke grenade near the first group,after that,the leader will say something like "Good job,frost" or something.The leader will then walk around shooting the aa-12 in the air for the next few civilian groups.Then the mission will proceed,at least this happened to me.

I noticed that if you shoot only ONE bullet in the air at the groups, they will only scream and run away but nothing else happens.

But if you shoot like 5-10 times, they will scream and run away AND Asani will say something about "Is this part of our contract?" or something like that.

That leads to the assumption that the "trigger" for the accomplishment of this single civilian group does only activate if you shoot several bullets.

How do you know that it's different when they flee from smoke grenades, than when they flee from gunshots? Whenever I throw a smoke grenade, Crazy Australian Guy will commend me for it, and wander about the compound shooting up in the air, which is exactly what he'll do if you fire your rifle instead. I think the civilians just notice you using violence against them in both cases, and so will flee, and you will have ended up using the "violent" option, which will probably come back and bite you in the ass later in the campaign. I'm sure there's another option. I've ran all the way around the compound seeing if there's an alarm I can set off to scare them, or something, but apparently not...

Edited by St!gar

Well, aparenty this part of the mission is a bit buggy, but I really think that the smoke grenades are the alternative, they talk about... I also searched everything in and around the complex. But maybe we oversaw something? :)

No idea. It really kinda bugs me. I'm not very keen on proceeding with the mission before I know if I'm doing it right.

I shot in the air at all groups and the mission ended as it should. It was a bit hard to find them all though.

lol i was trying to get in a car and toot my horn/rev loudly at them... all the cars were locked...

then i shot in the air, they lay down on the ground, so i got angry (spent 45 mins so far on this tiny little mission) and shot them all, followed by my squad.

my walkthrough which did very well (similiar to flashburns walkthrough):

1) meet Sgt. Dixon (the blonde Team Leader with moustache) who's standing with another guy near the "1st" group (-> this is the location where you get assignment for mission to clear the factory area "politely" from these civilians)

2) throw a smoke grenade (by hand or with a gun, as posted above you can get it from SUV), colour doesnt matter *lol

-> group 1 is running away screaming

3) in my case Sgt. Dixon said something like "follow, too"

-> follow him to next group

4) Dixon himself will fire in the air, group flees ... again he sais "follow, too"

5) follow him this way to the 3rd and the 4th group (Dixon will fire again, you wont have to do anything just follow him to the groups)

6) after the 4th group has been disappeared you'll still follow Dixon to point where the mission's very beginning was (near the SUVs)

7) MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Edited by langgis08

my walkthrough which did very well (similiar to flashburns walkthrough):

1) meet Sgt. Dixon (the blonde Team Leader with moustache) who's standing with another guy near the "1st" group (-> this is the location where you get assignment for mission to clear the factory area "politely" from these civilians)

2) throw a smoke grenade (by hand or with a gun, as posted above you can get it from SUV), colour doesnt matter *lol

-> group 1 is running away screaming

3) in my case Sgt. Dixon said something like "follow, too"

-> follow him to next group

4) Dixon himself will fire in the air, group flees ... again he sais "follow, too"

5) follow him this way to the 3rd and the 4th group (Dixon will fire again, you wont have to do anything just follow him to the groups)

6) after the 4th group has been disappeared you'll still follow Dixon to point where the mission's very beginning was (near the SUVs)

7) MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

This is indeed the method that works.

If you scare the groups in another order, the mission will never end.

IMO this whole mission is a fail :(

IMO this whole mission is a fail :(

yes, it's too much of a tunnel and too less of an open world (BIS' strength in designing open and realistic missions seems to vanish, but why ? it was once their "unique selling point")

worst thing imo is that you dont get feedback when you try to escape the tunnel (literally spoken) and you're up for trying an alternative route -> you walk around and nothing happens, not even a "mission failed"-popup or sth like that. I mean, the mission routine should be able to give feedback to human player when mission will not end this or that way ;)

Edited by langgis08