Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_Raptor

How to Start Game without Loading Videos

Because of this "connecting failed" issue when joining servers, the constant loading of the menus is becoming troublesome.

How am I able to start up the game from a shortcut on the desktop to bring up the menu that has your Game version, Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Options, Player Profile, Expansions, Exit, without having to sit thru 32 seconds of:

Bohemia Interactive Presents

Operation Arma II Arrowhead

Arma2.com Copyright 2010

Meridian 4

I mean, my operation system loads faster than 36 seconds?! Come one, we bought the game, the Czechs should know we're not going to realistically load up their game once and never restart, patch, or boot up the game other than leaving it one for 365 days a year and hoping form server to server, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm suprised this issue is not stickied in the forums. :(

That's Mosh, I appreciate it. And such a quick response. :P

Went from 32 secs to 18 seconds of "Wait a moment..."

It helps for sure, I'll let my friends know about it too.

Don't forget -skipIntro ;)

You should add that to the wiki. It's not in the knowledge base.

-world=empty will prevent the animations from loading and the game will start up even faster.

Oh hell yeah! Thanks Max! Down to 6 seconds load up! All I got now is is the following:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty

Thanks guys this helps and should be stickied!

just add -skipIntro -nosplash

What is the difference between the two?

It seems like a new -world=empty... only it says that it's permanent. That seems a little vague.

Oh, I see.

If you just do empty shortcut, the world will return after you return to the menu from playing, resulting in longer loading times.

If you do the skipintro, it'll make it permanent so that every time you return to the menu, it'll always be empty. Shorter loading times. ;)

Or at least, that's what it sounds like.

Edited by Laqueesha