Sign in to follow this  
shadowlid

Where do you play?

I know there are thousands of people that play this game. I just want to know what is the most popular mod or game type you play. So i know what to download when i get the game. I play arma 1 and not that many severs anymore. I have never been on a sever with more the like 12-15 people on it.

I would like to play on a sever with like 60 people on it if possible on this game.

Thanks all hope to see you soon.

Shadow

Most severs stick to maximum player numbers of the default 32 and lots of this 32 player servers are full most of the time. There are some 40 and 50 Players maps but they do not run well if all slots are taken and the mission is going on for long.

This is due to most servers hardware not able to run missions with lots of A.I. like Warfare BE very well in later stages and because of the tendency of admisn to set the A.I. activity much to high thinking this would add anything good or interresting to the gameplay...what it does not.

Edited by Ulanthorn

anywhere that isn't playing domination...i usually try to jump on tactical gamer. sometimes i'll browse around in the squads and fan pages section of this forum looking for a group to play coop or tvt with.

I play on the following servers:

Armacalypse (I do not play there as much as I used to)

C5

The Citadel (My squad's server. It is locked most of the time.)

Arrange PvP Matches with other Clans and my own Clan ;)

Also I have seen 60 + Player Servers running fine for 3 hours constantly at the large PvP tournaments within the community.

Arrange PvP Matches with other Clans and my own Clan ;)

Also I have seen 60 + Player Servers running fine for 3 hours constantly at the large PvP tournaments within the community.

imagin only half the players triggering towns in Warfare BE...that will brings the server down instantly and thats what is happening all the time after 3 hours and more.

Something like 24 Players plays out the best on heavy A.I. loaded missions.

Only workaround is to set A.I. defense to low.

I usually play on the www.nakedfanatics.com server , obvious reason is the server owned by my Squad, hehe :) We have alot of different maps going on(arrowhead or original arma2), all times of the day and admins in different timezones so we can take care of the worst ;)

We don't play domi but I have been toying around with the idea.. not entirely sure yet, we have spot for 24 people.. now a days, Insurgency is VERY popular on our server :o

Insurgency on KELLYs HEROES is always great, they lock up all OPFOR slots or kick ppl off if they dont listen. :)

Also: TFOR BAF

I usually play on the www.nakedfanatics.com server , obvious reason is the server owned by my Squad, hehe :) We have alot of different maps going on(arrowhead or original arma2), all times of the day and admins in different timezones so we can take care of the worst ;)

We don't play domi but I have been toying around with the idea.. not entirely sure yet, we have spot for 24 people.. now a days, Insurgency is VERY popular on our server :o

I was looking around the NF website yesterday but I found no server info. Somehow I got the impression that there is no real server, someone just hosts whenever there's people around to play with.

imagin only half the players triggering towns in Warfare BE...that will brings the server down instantly and thats what is happening all the time after 3 hours and more.

Something like 24 Players plays out the best on heavy A.I. loaded missions.

Only workaround is to set A.I. defense to low.

I was'nt talking about Domination if you read my post ;)

Hey Concurssi,

You know what, you are absolutely right, that is actually pretty lousy that we never actually wrote the direct server information.

I hate if people think we host locally, lol , I've raised the issue internally just right now, cheers for that feedback ;) Nah we don't , we do actually have a server, just .. erm, at the risk of making this sound like a cheap advertise, just filter for "naked" and you'll find it :)

Of course if you are up for it, register on the forum as well! hehe, though I can understand the pain of having 200 different accounts on 200 different forums :)

(Edit, I'm pming you the link Concurssi as I don't want to go too much offtopic, not fair to the OP)

Edited by thorin12

We actually do have a server, I'll post an ip and name when I get back from work :) and of course put up a sticky on our forums, thanks for the heads up!

Keep it coming. I cant wait to play should be by the end of the week. When i get my new vga and more ram.

Small and Cosy CTF Action on our server, (32 player server, busiest days are Tues, thurs and sunday) :) SBS in Filter.

I was'nt talking about Domination if you read my post ;)

That's what he is referring to. You can play 60+ players only just fine with a server. Play 32+40 players with additional AI ( up to 30 per town depending on the difficulty setting on trigger activation ) triggering not just one making it an average of 100+ AI active.

TFOR on the noassholes.net server has gotten me addicted. Great group of guys, and TFOR rocks. Domination is fun and all, but I like the idea in TFOR that everyone is a squad leader and can command an infantry squad, SF team, tank or chopper crew, or sniper section. And the mission variety, imo, is more fun and interesting that the typical domination missions. Yesterday we had a huge convoy grinding down from the northern Takistan airfield, to a town on the southern border, being ambushed the whole way. I drove the supply truck that had to make it to the destination or result in mission failure. It was epic to see the great coordination between the air crews (an apache and blackhawk MEV), with an Abrams and Stryker MGS taking point, and having my flanks covered by humvees.

By far most fun I've had playing online.

I pretty much exclusively play on our own server, the link to which can be found in my signature :) I think we've assembled a great group of guys there, keeps me coming back for more ;)