Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

When I launch ARMA thru Six Updater with all plugins including tspeak will teamspeak3 launch automatically or do I have to have it running already. I ask because mine doesn't launch teamspeak when I launch with updater.

When I launch ARMA thru Six Updater with all plugins including tspeak will teamspeak3 launch automatically or do I have to have it running already. I ask because mine doesn't launch teamspeak when I launch with updater.

As far as I know, no it won't.

You have to launch TS3 as well... Otherwise how do you know what server and channel to join? :confused:

Just tried it with my antivirus off and no luck either. Im at a loss ACRE won't see teamspeak although all the mods show up at the startup screen when I launch the game.

Well I spent the afternoon just trying to find a server that uses ACRE with no luck...seems like if this was such a good add-on everyone would be using it..so I still have no idea if it even works or not...re read everything and believe I have it installed right..youd think if the server was using it they would let the players know via a splash screen..seems like its way to much hassle for what it is.

JC

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Diesel.

Well I spent the afternoon just trying to find a server that uses ACRE with no luck...seems like if this was such a good add-on everyone would be using it..so I still have no idea if it even works or not...re read everything and believe I have it installed right..youd think if the server was using it they would let the players know via a splash screen..seems like its way to much hassle for what it is.

JC

You don't have any friends that play?

We even link to a community that is open and plays with ACRE all the time.

You just didn't try hard enough. Its a shame, cause its a damn good mod (and I know I am big headed if I say that, but its true). :)

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Just tried it with my antivirus off and no luck either. Im at a loss ACRE won't see teamspeak although all the mods show up at the startup screen when I launch the game.

Did you make sure to turn it on in Teamspeak?

Come to UO and see if you can get it working.

ts3.unitedoperations.net

You don't have any friends that play?

We even link to a community that is open and plays with ACRE all the time.

You just didn't try hard enough. Its a shame, cause its a damn good mod (and I know I am big headed if I say that, but its true). :)

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Did you make sure to turn it on in Teamspeak?

Come to UO and see if you can get it working.

ts3.unitedoperations.net

Thx yes I did. Will join u guys. Im beginning to realize that ARMA is one big ever evolving (ever beta) experience that gets better with every mod thats added. ACRE seems to be tricky for me now but I have a feeling its some dumb option I didnt check and it will all be good. I've seen ACRE vids and I WANT ACRE NOW!!!!

Thx yes I did. Will join u guys. Im beginning to realize that ARMA is one big ever evolving (ever beta) experience that gets better with every mod thats added. ACRE seems to be tricky for me now but I have a feeling its some dumb option I didnt check and it will all be good. I've seen ACRE vids and I WANT ACRE NOW!!!!

Yea look for someone on there, I am eating dinner for the next hour or so but I am sure someone can help you if you hang out in the help channel.

Yea look for someone on there, I am eating dinner for the next hour or so but I am sure someone can help you if you hang out in the help channel.

What he said. If you hop onto UO, most of them are very experienced ACRE users (a large chunk of them, maybe 40+, are parts of our original testing over a year ago). If they dont know the problem, they know who to point you to.

Some of my mates had problems with ACRE not working because of these issues

1/ they copied the wrong acre_dll in the wrong folder:

Be sure you teamspeak is not installed in C:\Program Files(x86) and installed also C:\Program Files\

2/ On 64bit OSes like Vista64 or Seven64:

If C:\Program Files(x86)\Ts3client\ then copy the acre_dll in the plugin folder of Teamspeak then run teamspeak as admin

If you go to the menu "settings\plugins" you should see the acre feature in the list, and it should be ticked by default

If C:\Program Files\Ts3client\ then copy the acre_x64_dll in the plugin folder of Teamspeak then run teamspeak as admin

If you go to the menu "settings\plugins" you should see the acre feature in the list, and it should be ticked by default

(I'm not sure 100% of the name of the dll files)

What I'm sure is you shouldn't copy both DLL in the directory if you don't know which one to use.

And make sure your shortcut on the desktop goes to the "good" TS3Client folder.

Also check that your command line to launch the game is in this order:

-mod=@CBA;@ACRE;@Arma2Jaylib

I read somewhere that the CBA module needs to be loaded before Acre does.

To know if this is working:

- When you start Arma2 you shouldn't see ANY error message

- The "voice" is only working when you are in the mission, not in the main menu, not in the player assignment, and not in the briefing.

- Press Caplock button to talk on the radio

- If you have other mates with you running Acre mod, then move 60 meters far from them while hearing them speaking, the sound should lower as the distance increases.

Edited by xjiks

Yeah I see acre in my ts3 plugins tab and its checked, I have win 7(64) and have only the 64 bit acre dll file in ts3 plugins folder. cba jayarma2lib and acre all show up as running on the startup screen when I launch arma but I still get "acre is not connected to ts" and "teamspeak plugin is not working" are there any other teamspeak files I need to copy to arma folder besides dsound.dll?

My unit has been having some consistent issues with ACRE and Air/Ground comms.

Most recurring is about halfway through mission we seem to lose all comms with our FAC on the ground. Once we lose comms, they seem to be gone for the rest of the mission. We can be right overhead (usually in helo) with clear LOS and still be unable to reach troops on the ground. This is a major setback for us and are having trouble identifying the cause. radio used- 117f and 148.

Other issues include-

Last mission our ICs and 2ICs radios went from their respective squad channels to CH.1 for no apparent reason. radio used 117f

Air crew sometimes lose the ability to speak/hear eachother in the same aircraft. (TS?) radio used 117f and 148

One member constanly sounds as if he is speaking through his radio, even when he is not (no ptt button being pressed)?

Anyone else having these issues, any ideas what is causing this or why it happens. Any fix ideas?

Thanks.

We use-

TS3 3.0.0-beta36 [build: 12815] (always ran as admin)

ACRE- 1.1.1.244

ARMA2 CO-1.57.76815

ACE- 1.8.0.457

CBA- 0.7.3.148

My unit has been having some consistent issues with ACRE and Air/Ground comms.

Most recurring is about halfway through mission we seem to lose all comms with our FAC on the ground. Once we lose comms, they seem to be gone for the rest of the mission. We can be right overhead (usually in helo) with clear LOS and still be unable to reach troops on the ground. This is a major setback for us and are having trouble identifying the cause. radio used- 117f and 148.

Other issues include-

Last mission our ICs and 2ICs radios went from their respective squad channels to CH.1 for no apparent reason. radio used 117f

Air crew sometimes lose the ability to speak/hear eachother in the same aircraft. (TS?) radio used 117f and 148

One member constanly sounds as if he is speaking through his radio, even when he is not (no ptt button being pressed)?

Anyone else having these issues, any ideas what is causing this or why it happens. Any fix ideas?

Thanks.

We use-

TS3 3.0.0-beta36 [build: 12815] (always ran as admin)

ACRE- 1.1.1.244

ARMA2 CO-1.57.76815

ACE- 1.8.0.457

CBA- 0.7.3.148

Please report this on dev-heaven on our tracker. It will just get lost here.

Please also post any sort of way to repeat the functionality, RPT files, etc that might be able to help us debug the situation.

Also for the record, being directly overhead with most of the radios is not ideal, the antennas tend to have about -30dBi in gain straight up... :p

What nou said. please file them as separate tickets. so we can discuss each issue seperately with you there.

Any one got any ideas/fixes for the interface size.. im on a triple monitor set up 5760x1080

interface size is set to very small

interface res: 5760x1080

3d res: 5760x1080

the interface radios load half way off the screen so i cant use some features. cant even drag it down.

any ideas welcome. i love using acre!!

Any one got any ideas/fixes for the interface size.. im on a triple monitor set up 5760x1080

the interface radios load half way off the screen so i cant use some features. cant even drag it down.

Please file a ticket, and also include whether its only specific radios, or ALL radios

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/issues/new

Did you restart the game after you set your interface res? It worked for me (on a single monitor though). Are all your monitors the same res?

i keep getting an error message when i try to load it up using CBA ACRE and jaylib

'please include x\ace\addons\main\script_mod.hpp '

i keep getting an error message when i try to load it up using CBA ACRE and jaylib

'please include x\ace\addons\main\script_mod.hpp '

What version?

Did you restart the game after you set your interface res? It worked for me (on a single monitor though). Are all your monitors the same res?

yes all same res 1920x1080 using 2x 6970 in eyefinity

3x 24" monitors

Please file a ticket, and also include whether its only specific radios, or ALL radios

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/issues/new

all radios ... logging a ticket > damn :mad:

Hi masters of ACRE

I'm using ACRE with ded servers and I don't have problems. Is ACRE designed for ded servers for better performance?

Best regards

D3lta

Edited by D3lta

Hi all,

is it possible to lower the actual "radio-soundish" sound? when pressing CAPS-LOCK, I mean the sound ACRE makes when you press CAPS-LOCK in-game to be able to talk through your radio with a friend on a grater distance..

I've been trying to find some volume button somewhere and even tried tuning the ACRE radio on ctrl+shift and C but without any result.

I hoping I can get some help with this.

I have set up a 3 nodes as static rebro stations across the map south to north using the ACRE_OE_303 as the objects named ant1,ant2 and ant3. Roughly 3km spacing between each node.

Map used Celle.

ant1 init field :

[ant1, 36.625, 37.775, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

ant2 init field :

[ant2, 37.775, 40.275, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

ant2 init field:

[ant3, 40.275, 42.675, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

I had a squad member stay at the southern base on freq 36.625 using the ACRE_PRC117F power setting 20000 whilst I moved north of each retrans leg and radio checked on the following frequencies:

north of ant1 37.775

north of ant2 40.275

north of ant3 42.675

It did not seem to work.Am I doing something wrong?

I cant get this to work either and I didnt see anyone reply to your post. So I am also asking how to do this.

I used default example

[tt2, 80.025, 81.025, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

named my tower tt2 and put above into init of tt2

transmitted on 80.025 with 148 uhf and had squady on 148 UHF listening on 81.025. Tower was infront of us. We could not hear each other

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

I was also wondering what this does? I use wounds. Should I do this?

["wounds", true] call acre_api_fnc_toggleAceFeatureCompat;

acre_api_fnc_toggleAceFeatureCompat

Parameters: String, Boolean

Example: ["combatdeaf", false] call acre_api_fnc_toggleAceFeatureCompat;

Return Value: Boolean

Description: Possible features are "combatdeaf", "wounds", "earplugs", "onback"