Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

Easier solution than even wearing headphones: Turn up the FX volume slider ingame or turn down voice volume on TS, result is less radio/more action for the same volume level

Thanks, but that is not exactly what I meant....

I want to hear the other person on the radio with HIS background noise of shots/fire/heli engine or wherever he is when he presses the PTT to talk. his FX to my headphone when he speaks over the radio...

Thus you get a sense of what and where he is now.

If he is under heavy fire and reports to me that he needs support but I hear nothing around him when he speaks, well... for me it kills the immersion to hear him in a sterile environment...

I want to hear the other person on the radio with HIS background noise of shots/fire/heli engine or wherever he is when he presses the PTT to talk. his FX to my headphone when he speaks over the radio...

Thus you get a sense of what and where he is now.

If he is under heavy fire and reports to me that he needs support but I hear nothing around him when he speaks, well... for me it kills the immersion to hear him in a sterile environment...

That would be so cool. The background sounds recorded by the transmitters in-game microphone and an other recording from the the real life microphone. Then mixed and used as what you transmit on the ACRE radio. Brilliant thinking. But can it be done? I don't know.

Maybe you should suggest it at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/issues

Edited by Boxter.dk

That would be so cool. The background sounds recorded by the transmitters in-game microphone and an other recording from the the real life microphone. Then mixed and used as what you transmit on the ACRE radio. Brilliant thinking. But can it be done? I don't know.

Maybe you should suggest it at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/issues

We've actually had that idea for a while not, but the logistics of implementing it is somewhat... Insane.

A dirty way would be to split your mic and have one in your headset :P

A dirty way would be to split your mic and have one in your headset :P

Yea, and that would catch my baby crying in the other room, way louder than the shots fired around me... :eek:

P.S. added in dev-heaven just in case... welcome to vote.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18220

Edited by ron533
added to feature request to dev-heaven

+1 to the above. If it's doable it'll be a blast. Definitely will add in lots of immersion.

Hi, just found about about ACRE.

Question

Is there any more hope for getting this awesome mod ported\crafted not sure what the words are but getting it to work with mumble\murmur?

I watched some of the video with this and WOW. Does it look amazing.

Either way fantastic work ACRE team. I am jealous of TS3 users now.

Styxx42

Hi, just found about about ACRE.

Question

Is there any more hope for getting this awesome mod ported\crafted not sure what the words are but getting it to work with mumble\murmur?

I watched some of the video with this and WOW. Does it look amazing.

Either way fantastic work ACRE team. I am jealous of TS3 users now.

Styxx42

Simple Answer: No.

Long Answer: The mumble team has spoken to us a bit about adding the functionality and features we need, but unless we code them in ourselves, the effort to port to mumble (excluding having to code functionality into mumble itself for a custom build) is too extensive for us and them. It is a large set of functionality and features which must go in(to mumble) before we could even consider it.

Simple Answer: No. .

Well CRAP. That sucks.

Thanks for the quick reply. I wish you luck, and hope that the BUSINESS model doesn't change with TS3.

It is not something I like to support so I will stick with Mumble and the Open Source community.

Fight well Fellow Armaites

How do I use a script to check if ACRE is running or not, using the isClass command? Similar to isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main") which I use with ACE?

extract their pbo and check if it has a config - if so the cfgPatches class is what you are looking for

Of course we have classes, cant exactly have radio objects without it :P And we use the same model as ACE (we are ACE dev's too after all :P )

so acre_main should work just as well.

OK thanks. Sorry I don't understand much when it comes to configs other than using commands I copy-pasted from elsewhere ;)

Also, I noticed ACE has several types of radios that do not appear here. Is there any real difference between those?

What is the correct way to save/load gear setups so that radios don't get duplicated? As for settings/frequencies, having them saved when the loadout is saved or when the player dies both work. But gear must be what the player has when the loadout was saved.

Currently the loadout scripts I use give duplicated radios (probably 1 from the loadout and 1 from the itemRadio that you get when you respawn). I guess I can just remove that but if there are more things I need to know, please tell :)

EDIT: Removing that radio doesn't work, it still gets added and then removed later (but too late so player has a chance to drop it to the ground).

Edited by galzohar

We got some missions (infact a lot) in which we play with no or few radios, in some of this scenarios there is only one radio in a group of 20 but there is respawn.

So what we want is an antenna/radio station you can go up to, static and talk to organize with your group before moving out. Is this possible?

Haven't seen anything in the code to support it :(

AI with disableAi move and then a manpack radio on their back, y'can buddy radio their pack

AI with disableAi move and then a manpack radio on their back, y'can buddy radio their pack

Well, we are making our own addons, so we got our own manpacks and stuff but now we want to use this object.

Radio at base

I know it supports "retransmitters", but not what we looking for.

If I understand there is vehicles in which you can use radio even if you don't have an acre one? Could look on that.. but acre got so much code its tough sometimes.

Hey guys, just wondering what the latest version is of acre?

On dev heaven the latest version appears to be 1.1.1 but I found other links to version 1.2.5 on unitedoperations, with a separate ts client? Any news on this one?

Hey guys, just wondering what the latest version is of acre?

On dev heaven the latest version appears to be 1.1.1 but I found other links to version 1.2.5 on unitedoperations, with a separate ts client? Any news on this one?

Its a pre-release using the new TS3.

Thanks jaynus. I remember seeing that link a while ago and I searched for it, but I couldn't locate the post with the big red letters :)

> edit: actually i don't know how i missed it :o

Edited by dikkeduif

Well, we are making our own addons, so we got our own manpacks and stuff but now we want to use this object.

Radio at base

I know it supports "retransmitters", but not what we looking for.

If I understand there is vehicles in which you can use radio even if you don't have an acre one? Could look on that.. but acre got so much code its tough sometimes.

I suppose it wouldn't look too out of place to see an RTO crouching at the bottom of it and interacting with him

But I see your point; a couple version's time will hopefully bring the vehicle radios

Edited by DaveP

Love ACRE, always have. The new iteration is MUCH more reliable and easy to set up. TFB is officially hooked on it now. Thanks for all the hard work and the amazing addon, ACRE team.

Looking forward to radios in vehicles, mostly so I don't have to lug the 119 around everywhere I go in ACE. :p

Edit:

What's the story for the PRC-152? Is that new since the stand alone? I don't see any documentation on it in the Wiki.

Edited by b00ce

After installing ACRE 1.2.6.313/ACRE_V1.2.6.313_StandAlone_FULL.exe, I had the following window pop-up. Maybe a false positive but I thought I would let you know...

Plus did anyone else get this ??

acre1.jpg

Edited by gonk