Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

Just a thought; it would be nice to see "whispering/talking/shouting into ones ear" available to us.

Meaning, if someone is within 0.5m or less of another, the voice volume of the one talking is amplified above the recorded volume.

This feature can then be used alternately for whispering and/or shouting while ambient noise is loud.

The sort of thing I want to reproduce:

I put in a ticket about this, the system as it is now affects distance with volume of voice, but in some situations shouting in to the mic is a bit of an issue

Hi NouberNou what about a clear "HQ"/E-3 Sentry/A-50 signal for all aircrafts of one side/faction or maybe just a radio frequency for+in aircrafts only were you don't get so much distortion via air-to-air communication? Kinda sucks if you can see a wingman just 300m away and both can't understand each other through radio distortion. (new ACRE beta with new TS3 beta)

Just an idea for future developments/dreams - what about scanning and jamming radio frequencies or even ECM/ECCM features? :icon_twisted:

Hi all,

is it possible to lower the actual "radio-soundish" sound? when pressing CAPS-LOCK, I mean the sound ACRE makes when you press CAPS-LOCK in-game to be able to talk through your radio with a friend on a grater distance..

I've been trying to find some volume button somewhere and even tried tuning the ACRE radio on ctrl+shift and C but without any result.

anyone? :nervous:

try to decrease the windows volume sound and increase the teamspeak volume sound...

Depends on which version you are using. In the TS3 pre-release you can turn it down via the soundpack volume in TS3.

Depends on which version you are using. In the TS3 pre-release you can turn it down via the soundpack volume in TS3.

much appreciated answer NouberNou, I will try this tomorrow!

I am using TeamSpeak 3 Version: 3.0.0-beta36 [build: 12815] will it work for this version?

Edit*

Thanks NouberNou for your help, its working now!

Edited by milka

Very well done... but I am a bit concerned that Musicbot got 2nd:...:( is that the dodgy music bot that spams channels...ie 65879098850498 has joined the channel...

p.s

what did you win ?

Well done guys!

Does this mean that ACRE's future is now secure with TS3?

Well done guys!

Does this mean that ACRE's future is now secure with TS3?

We have already been working with the TS3 dev's with their new release. A large amount of changes have come into their new system specifically at our request. I'd have to say the ~6 months of work on the new engine (within ACRE) is paying off and just about finalized.

We are currently utilizing the new TS3 beta (with the new sound engine) @ UnitedOperations.Net officially (Unofficially ACRE RC Version 1.2.2 currently) - additionally, a good chunk of our testing communities are using it / testing it as well.

Current reports are is that our new engine, combined with TS3's, is over 9000x more stable than 1.1.1. ~70 player for a consistent 7 hours @ UO on Saturday with just a few bugs we are ironing out now (have mostly ironed out, really). How many hangs? One. And no one uses Affinity startup.

At this point - it is really just waiting for the TS3 official release. Asking people to install beta's of TS3 / second versions of TS3 (as we do at UO) is not something we really want to officially support. Even though the new version + ACRE is so much better ;)

Edited by jaynus

It's over 9000000.

HUP3wZ0WClo

I think Jaynus has lost the plot and been sucked into some sort of time rift. I shall let him know of that fact in the skype channel...

Is it possible to make a humble request?

I find one thing annoying after the first test. The sound when speaking in direct mode is loud and clear. But over the radio, the sound is really, really low even on the highest volume. To compensate I need to crank the sound up very high turning arma sounds down, but when someone speaks on direct it hurts my ears.

So, amplify radio if you find the time. Would be appriciated.

I find one thing annoying after the first test. The sound when speaking in direct mode is loud and clear. But over the radio, the sound is really, really low even on the highest volume. To compensate I need to crank the sound up very high turning arma sounds down, but when someone speaks on direct it hurts my ears.

Use the ticket feature on dev heaven. Link should be found on the first post.

i read you work with the ts3 dev that's why i ask that , because some of my french mate have lot of hang bug (with affinity set) and they are very angry (not against you, it's more against the situation) so my question is : do we need to wait one more month ? because if it's that i make a tuto and ask them to go on the beta of ts3 thanks anyway for your great work i test it ;)

Yesterday I used ACRE for the very first time and I have to say, it's an amazing piece of work!

Thank you for all you have done to give this community a wonderful piece of software!

Nicolai

PS: Almanzo I didn't have any problem with the volume for the 343, maybe it's one of your seperate settings?

I'm bloody stoked now, how's progress coming on Uhh object based transmission? (ie. able to hear radio transmission through other units/placed manpacks)

i read you work with the ts3 dev that's why i ask that , because some of my french mate have lot of hang bug (with affinity set) and they are very angry (not against you, it's more against the situation) so my question is : do we need to wait one more month ? because if it's that i make a tuto and ask them to go on the beta of ts3 thanks anyway for your great work i test it ;)

We currently release RC builds with standalone, built-in copies of the TS3 Beta for usage. Get in touch with us if you want access to the RC builds.

........But over the radio, the sound is really, really low even on the highest volume. To compensate I need to crank the sound up very high turning arma sounds down, but when someone speaks on direct it hurts my ears.

The new distortion model and direct model are still finalizing. This is extremely different in 1.2.3 (I'm assuming you were using 1.2.2 off of UO forums)

I'm bloody stoked now, how's progress coming on Uhh object based transmission? (ie. able to hear radio transmission through other units/placed manpacks)

The framework for it is in place now. We wont be adding it as a new feature though until we finish stabilizing.

i have an acess of the RC ;) and yeah sure have you an email ? i have the ts3 in beta and the acre ;) and it's cool i like the new radio

Have you checked that you have the headset lowered when speaking directly to eachother and the headseat raised when speaking through radio? It's in the action menu.

edit. looks like TS 3.0.0 RC1 got problem to emulate rear area

Edited by Rafalski