Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

I was wondering if you guys had any insight on when a new (non-beta) release of Teamspeak including that NOFMOD-thingy will be available?

I've seen from your repository the a new version of ACRE has already been finished for quite some time now, and since our last coop gaming night fell victim to many TS crashes, I'm waiting for the new versions of both ACRE and TS3. :)

Not sure when TS3 will be finalized...

We are looking for people to help us test the current TS3 preview releases and the new version of the ACRE plugin. Our testing community is not as active as it was a few months ago.

We are looking for people to help us test the current TS3 preview releases and the new version of the ACRE plugin. Our testing community is not as active as it was a few months ago.

If you want help here we are. Just PM me if you want to.

My 3PARA clan is trying to investigate the usage of ACRE now, but we get all differnet problems on installation.

First problem started on our dedicated server, it needed a userconfig directory as well !!!

Many running just 32-bit version can get it working (damn it sounds COOL & Realistic :-) )

Mostly the guys with a 64-bit OS have trouble! "Not connected TS3" is the most common problem.

Also errors reported on DSOUND.DLL not being correct.

Seems the file dsound.dll has different sizes for the different guys !!!!

Mine is working (Vista 32bit), dsound.dll (in both rootfloder and JayArma2Lib and expansion/beta folder) is 93Kb reported by windows.

We download from: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/files

Tried both .RAR and .EXE for manual & auto installation.

We run TS3 latest version as supplied by the autoupdater. (3.0.0-beta63 [build 12815] )

We do not use ACE.

Any help is very much appreciated.

(3PARA Teamspeak: 91.192.208.31:10030)

Edited by BoomBoomSate
details on TS version and ACE added

My 3PARA clan is trying to investigate the usage of ACRE now, but we get all differnet problems on installation.

First problem started on our dedicated server, it needed a userconfig directory as well !!!

Many running just 32-bit version can get it working (damn it sounds COOL & Realistic :-) )

Mostly the guys with a 64-bit OS have trouble! "Not connected TS3" is the most common problem.

Also errors reported on DSOUND.DLL not being correct.

Seems the file dsound.dll has different sizes for the different guys !!!!

Mine is working (Vista 32bit), dsound.dll (in both rootfloder and JayArma2Lib and expansion/beta folder) is 93Kb reported by windows.

We download from: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/files

Tried both .RAR and .EXE for manual & auto installation.

Any help is very much appreciated.

(3PARA Teamspeak: 91.192.208.31:10030)

try to start teamspeak and ArmA as admin. Just right click on the .exe and go to properties or something.

We do let it run as admin...

Why did we need a userconfig also on the server?

I will try and get more specific details from the members that have issues on starting it, and report the issues seperately with their own details. Thank you very much for your quick response. The digging goes on!

We do let it run as admin...

Why did we need a userconfig also on the server?

That is a CBA issue outside of our control really, the way it loads its config structure it requires that file.

class CfgAcreRadios {
class Default;	// External class reference
class ACRE_BaseRadio;	// External class reference

class sfp_acre_ra180 : ACRE_BaseRadio {
	guiFunction = "sfp_acre_sys_ra180_fnc_openRadioDialog";

is it still so that I need to have the guiFunction to be "acre_sys", meaning I can't do my own radio for ACRE without using your tag?

Want to update my old radio and hate to use someone else "tag" but I don't see it working if I don't?

Hi NouberNou;

if you'd like us (16AA) to help out on the testing, send me a PM with details mate.

That is a CBA issue outside of our control really, the way it loads its config structure it requires that file.
It has nothing to do with CBA, is just how things are setup in ACRE.

Just delete ACRE_Settings.pbo on dedicated server.

Edited by Sickboy

I keep getting a "Your ACRE is not connected to your teamspeak" message

I have teamspeak3 with the proper ACRE dll in the TS plugins folder. Even have the checked ACRE in tS3 plugins menu. What haven't I done? Thanks guys. LOVE this Game!!!!

PS Im launching using six updater and have CBA and all the rest running. Im no computer expert so simple english please. I know pple solved this months ago by updating but I just installed the latest TS3. My ACRE and other mods are up to date via six updater

Make sure you also run @JayArma2lib, and that you have placed its dsound.dll into your game execution folder (installation folder or expansion/beta).

If you run the latest Six Updater 2.1dev, and have ACRE and jayarmalib in your current preset - check the ModApps dropdown-box, select the "@Jayarmalib2 put dsound.dll ..." and click launch.

Like on this picture; http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/sickboy6th/Six%20Updater%202/Six%20Updater%2021/mod-tools.png

Make sure you also run @JayArma2lib, and that you have placed its dsound.dll into your game execution folder (installation folder or expansion/beta).

If you run the latest Six Updater 2.1dev, and have ACRE and jayarmalib in your current preset - check the ModApps dropdown-box, select the "@Jayarmalib2 put dsound.dll ..." and click launch.

Like on this picture; http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/sickboy6th/Six%20Updater%202/Six%20Updater%2021/mod-tools.png

Did all that still no luck Im also getting "Error: Teamspeak plugin not responding."

Did all that still no luck Im also getting "Error: Teamspeak plugin not responding."
If you run with an ArmA2 OA Beta - make sure the beta is supported by jayarmalib.

Perhaps your rpt provides more info.

Now my @JayArma2lib is yellow in six updater and wont update to green.

Sorry - should be fine again after clicking sync again.

Spent all day getting this installed....is their any place that has a downloadable easy step by step guide for this??? Does the server have to have it in MP? Can just a few people use it? Wheres the "Mod Line" if you have steam version of Arma2?? I cant believe this is that difficult to find...between myself and a good buddy of mine we cannot figure this out..and no we are not idiots both pretty good at files and such...any help at all would be appreciated.

JC

Spent all day getting this installed....is their any place that has a downloadable easy step by step guide for this??? Does the server have to have it in MP? Can just a few people use it? Wheres the "Mod Line" if you have steam version of Arma2?? I cant believe this is that difficult to find...between myself and a good buddy of mine we cannot figure this out..and no we are not idiots both pretty good at files and such...any help at all would be appreciated.

JC

Seriously, just run the installer. When you do make sure ArmA2 and TS3 are both closed. If you are really paranoid run the install in administrator mode.

It loads just like any other addon in the modline, you just need to add @ACRE and @JayArma2Lib to it. If you have steam open you don't even need to make a special shortcut for ArmA2. I have probably 20-24 shortcuts for ArmA2 that link just to the OA exe (ACRE does require Operation Arrowhead/Combined Operations).

Yes the server needs to run ACRE.

If it says "ACRE is not connected to TS3" in ArmA2 try running TS3 in administrator mode.

If you have anti-virus or anti-malware and its still not working, try disabling those and seeing if it resolves it, sometimes they freak out over how JayArma2Lib patches the ArmA2 executable at runtime and deny it.

If you are having any other installation problems try here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/wiki/Installation_Instructions

... and yes, it can work with as little as 2 players with one self-hosting a session.

Thanks for the reply..later today I'll try and get this going again with your suggestions...Thanks

JC

Thanks for the reply..later today I'll try and get this going again with your suggestions...Thanks

JC

UnitedOperations.net plays with it consistently and also has plenty of people that would be willing to help get you all set up. Just be warned, we aren't a domi community if that's what your expecting to play - but they'll all be more than willing to help at least get your acre running.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Again I'm no programmer, I'm only dabbling in mods thanks to Sickboys Six updater which is great for a noob like myself. Great work btw Sickboy my jarmaLib thing updated successfully. Please bear in mind I have no clue what or where a mod line would be. From everything I've read it seems my problem might be in:

a) My mod line

b) My antivirus (Norton)

c) All of the above

d) Something else?

Using Six updater do I need to be messing with modlines anyway?

Thx again guys.

Will ACRE work in a computer hosted game? Not a dedicated?

This guy who I helped install, made sure everything was correct, the same way I installed it and I have used it on several servers...

But he hears me through regular teamspeak, and does not here me VIA radio.

And it is like teamspeak normal chat.

What is wrong, it is not giving him the 'You are not connected to teamspeak' error in-game.

Forgot to mention I also have an @arma2ts mod, havent heard anyone mention that here. Tried with it on or off same result.

Forgot to mention I also have an @arma2ts mod, havent heard anyone mention that here. Tried with it on or off same result.

If you have the ACRE TS3 plugin loaded, both TS3 and arma2 run as admin, the sound dll on the arma2 dir( or beta dir if you use beta) and you have all the required mods ( @ACRE, @Jayarmalib,@CBA) loaded... then your PC is possessed, try an exorcism :p

Have you tried to disable norton?