Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

I don't understand?!

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you will be able to understand me :/

The server side scripting addon allow your server to execute code on every clients (on all missions).

So you can make a little script which use this addon to add a prc-148 to every players.

for example you can try with this code in globalscript.sqf (not tested and not proper because I don't know how to wait for the end of acre init)

this code remove all prc-343 then add a prc-148

"
sleep 5;
if ( [player, 'ACRE_PRC343'] call acre_api_fnc_hasKindOfRadio ) then {
{
	if  ( [_x,'ACRE_PRC343'] call acre_api_fnc_isKindOf ) then {
		player removeWeapon _x;
		player addWeapon 'ACRE_PRC148';
	};
} forEach [] call acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList;
};
" call createLogicCode;

Edited by Le_CuLtO

Hi all - noticed something last night whilst testing out the latest version to see if it had resolved the above mentioned problems we were having.

When I transmitted (on the PRC117f) and spoke just as another person was transmitting and speaking, my TS3 began to hang and crash.

I reproduced this issue twice.

Any suggestions or advice? Anyone else have this happen to them?

Can someone confirm that ACRE (1.1.1) does work for local player hosting a coop game? Despite receiving no errors, and having updated all components, addons, plugins etc and receiving ingame CBA / transmission graphic / headset confirmation - nothing seems to work. Do player hosts have to do anything special? (I can confirm our setups did work when connecting to a acre dedicated server recently, and we've avoided all the common pitfalls like run-as-admin etc).

Wrong topic sorry

Edited by Arska134
Wrong topic sorry

A question. Is posible play with ACRE only with Arma 2 Arrow Head without the mod ACE. I want to say if you have the radios of acre with only Arma 2 Arrow head o you need the ace mod to play with all function of ACre.

thank you , i wait for response.

A question. Is posible play with ACRE only with Arma 2 Arrow Head without the mod ACE. I want to say if you have the radios of acre with only Arma 2 Arrow head o you need the ace mod to play with all function of ACre.

thank you , i wait for response.

ACE has never been a requirement.

huge crash issues today during our sunday op. about 25 members on . Running 1.1.1 hotfix.

TS hang up. and an hour in Acre Completely stoped working for everyone. and couldnt get it to work again untill the server restarted. I have never exprienced much ACRE bugs but this op was the worst( as in crashing that there is. all running TS beta 36

huge crash issues today during our sunday op. about 25 members on . Running 1.1.1 hotfix.

TS hang up. and an hour in Acre Completely stoped working for everyone. and couldnt get it to work again untill the server restarted. I have never exprienced much ACRE bugs but this op was the worst( as in crashing that there is. all running TS beta 36

Sounds like a FUBAR mission to me... what was the server fps kicking out? If you have a huge script queue from crappy scripting this sort of stuff will happen.

We had a few peoples TS3 crash today, but other than that it was flawless... no cutting out etc.

ACE has never been a requirement.

Thank you for response quickly. But i have question. I can play with only arma 2 and acre now , but, i can´t find the radios in arma 2 without ACE. What i have to do to see all radios playing only with arma 2.

I wait for you response. Thank you again

More oddities last night.

Comms on the ground were flawless. Everyone could communicate perfectly with one another.

However, problems occured with our Air again where towards the end of the Op, and despite being well within radio range and clear LOS, not a single one of our 5 pilots could communicate back to me.

They were receiving my communication fine, but I couldn't hear any of them.

They were not TS muted either.

Any clues as to what could possibly be causing this? Has anyone ever come across as similar issue?

We didn't have any issues last night with ACRE at all bar one or two TS crashes, but way less than before. Only main issue was a bloody great hill between the lead sections and our Combat Support element - but that just proved that ACRE was working properly (unfortunately to our cost :P)

Hello Gents,

First of all want to thank all Dev's and testers team, most awesome mod, love it from the moment first time saw it and been enjoying ever since then. Have one issue with it thou. I'm sorry if this is a known issue (which I'm sure it is), I've searched for the solution everywhere and failed miserably. About an hour in to the mission, my FPS drops dramatically (from ~60 to 5-7) and if game isn't restarted, it eventually crashes. When I restart the game it runs again flawlessly for an hour or so and then again fps drops... If I disable JayArma and ACRE, game runs fine without any crashes or FPS loss and that makes me very sad, as me and my mates, we do like ACRE very much and sort of become essential. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. few of my mates have the same issue

My system:

i7 920 @3.2Ghz, ZOTAC GTX 275, DDR3, Win XP Pro SP3 32bit.

Peace and ACRE for all

Peyo

Edited by Peyoteros

I'm sorry if this is a known issue (which I'm sure it is), I've searched for the solution everywhere and failed miserably. About an hour in to the mission, my FPS drops dramatically (from ~60 to 5-7) and if game isn't restarted, it eventually crashes.

Can you file a ticket for this on DH please.

Also - has anyone else ever seen this behavior? We regularly play 4+ hour events with ~40 people and I've never seen this / had it reported before.

yeah sometimes i have this problems i fix it when i delete the jayarma2lib and install a new one before i think it's just me but now ...

Well, as M1n1d0u suggested, I reinstalled JayArma and it played today without a FPS stuff :) , I'll do some more testing tomorrow and if problem persist I will ticket it on DH.

Does ACRE allow you to steal an OPFOR radio and monitor enemy comms? Watching Ep. #4 of the first Season of Special Ops Mission, right now, and that's what the operator does. I also remember missions in Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear where you were able to monitor enemy radio comms, giving you a big advantage. (Of course, this would work better in PvP/team-adversarial.)

Does ACRE allow you to steal an OPFOR radio and monitor enemy comms? Watching Ep. #4 of the first Season of Special Ops Mission, right now, and that's what the operator does. I also remember missions in Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear where you were able to monitor enemy radio comms, giving you a big advantage. (Of course, this would work better in PvP/team-adversarial.)

Yes, you can.