Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

I've used ACRE for a long time, and i wonder if there is a way to get radio messages to ignore landscape and such things, our first idea to fix this was to have a plane in the air at all times to redirect communications.

Is there a way to fake this?

Jaynus what is the new radio details? Practical usage?

Its another handheld, comparable to the AN/PRC-148. It can do SATCOM with the right equipment (though we haven't implemented SATCOM yet).

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I've used ACRE for a long time, and i wonder if there is a way to get radio messages to ignore landscape and such things, our first idea to fix this was to have a plane in the air at all times to redirect communications.

Is there a way to fake this?

Read the API, there is a setting to only have distance effect communications.

hello guys, iv been keeping an eye on this mod and watching tons of vids of the A.C.R.E. mod on youtube! and i very much enjoy hearing the amazing work put into this mod, but i do not play much MP, not that i dont choose too but mostly becuase i dont have enough free time to get too in depth with a clan\group! however i plan on starting my own personal clan so as i can play when i can, but also so others are free to use my stuff(server? sorry dont know jack about MP\Online stuff)! but this may not happen anytime soon, cause it seems i spend most of my time working , to well...just to keep working lol(some ppl may understand what i mean)! and one thing that i remeber the most from being in the military is that very distintive sound of the radios(during raido chatter stuff like you see in movies and ect.) and so far this is the only mod that i heard(in Videos) that has this sound, now i cant describe the exact sound i mean(but anyone who was in the military will know) however my question is... anyway to make that sound work for AI(just give them that when they in hummers/vehicles)? also so that when playing in SP this mod can be enjoyed aswell!

now im sure you guys dont have the time to create what im after, and im sure its probly a very complicated progress, cause iv tried to make this myself, but got lost pretty much before i even started lol! so please dont mind me asking that, i dont meam to bug you guys and so on so figured i should just atleast try to ask!

goodday,

Dave

hello guys, iv been keeping an eye on this mod and watching tons of vids of the A.C.R.E. mod on youtube! and i very much enjoy hearing the amazing work put into this mod, but i do not play much MP, not that i dont choose too but mostly becuase i dont have enough free time to get too in depth with a clan\group! however i plan on starting my own personal clan so as i can play when i can, but also so others are free to use my stuff(server? sorry dont know jack about MP\Online stuff)! but this may not happen anytime soon, cause it seems i spend most of my time working , to well...just to keep working lol(some ppl may understand what i mean)! and one thing that i remeber the most from being in the military is that very distintive sound of the radios(during raido chatter stuff like you see in movies and ect.) and so far this is the only mod that i heard(in Videos) that has this sound, now i cant describe the exact sound i mean(but anyone who was in the military will know) however my question is... anyway to make that sound work for AI(just give them that when they in hummers/vehicles)? also so that when playing in SP this mod can be enjoyed aswell!

now im sure you guys dont have the time to create what im after, and im sure its probly a very complicated progress, cause iv tried to make this myself, but got lost pretty much before i even started lol! so please dont mind me asking that, i dont meam to bug you guys and so on so figured i should just atleast try to ask!

goodday,

Dave

If you look at the ACE mod they have a random radio chatter system that plays in vehicles. Its not coherent or related to the tactical situation but it does add to the atmosphere.

that type of stuff is kinda what im looking for, that random raido chatter between units over the net! however it would be nice to have it so it adds the sounds of the radio to AI units so it gets rid of that horrible Standerd radio beep and whatnot! second problem is that while i have nothing agenst ACE Mod(its actually a great mod) however i dont like to have large game-changing mod installed as i like to use what i want and not have to edit or remove\add addons to just play a mission, or even for shitting around in the editor!

But..OT i do appreciate your hard work for both this mod and ACE Mod! and i do appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post! if i ever get a microphone, and time to go online using it, i will more then happy to jumb online and play with hopefully both theses mods! however if you do get a chance or have any interest in trying what i suggested(doubt you do as your plates already full lol) it would be nice to see something come up for this..or even make the ACE radio chatter stuff standalone!

Dave,

Seems that TS3 is dropping Fmod and changing to a custom sound system:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?61319-TeamSpeak-3-Client-3.0.0-rc1-pre-available-for-testing

This will affect to ACRE? obviously it will need a major TS3 pluggin rewrite, but it will be posible to achieve similar result that with the previous sound system?

I am really concerned about that, if the answer is that it's imposible to make a pluggin that does the same that the actual one, we may need to make a masive request to TS3 to give back the FMod support, at least a optional support :D.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?61383-New-Sound-System-Feedback-amp-Complaints&p=270736#post270736

Link to my feedback and complaints to the TS3 team on their new sound system.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Seems that TS3 is dropping Fmod and changing to a custom sound system:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?61319-TeamSpeak-3-Client-3.0.0-rc1-pre-available-for-testing

This will affect to ACRE? obviously it will need a major TS3 pluggin rewrite, but it will be posible to achieve similar result that with the previous sound system?

I am really concerned about that, if the answer is that it's imposible to make a pluggin that does the same that the actual one, we may need to make a masive request to TS3 to give back the FMod support, at least a optional support :D.

We have been slowly working on a hefty re-architecture for performance and stability in anticipation of this TS3 change. Not only to hook into whatever new system they decided to make, but to give us the ability to switch if need be.

So far, the new system is not acceptable to our needs.

Basically - the infrastructure and design is in place now that, with the right features, its really a small small small amount of work for me to port. Problem is -their code still sucks.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

annnnnd new instructional video from the official acre community

lSH2-NJbI3Q

Edited by jaynus

Wow nice video, i just learned the spacialization thanks to it, i knew that was there, but i thougt that was the same for all radios, that why i wasn't using it :D .

We have been slowly working on a hefty re-architecture for performance and stability in anticipation of this TS3 change. Not only to hook into whatever new system they decided to make, but to give us the ability to switch if need be.

So far, the new system is not acceptable to our needs.

Basically - the infrastructure and design is in place now that, with the right features, its really a small small small amount of work for me to port. Problem is -their code still sucks.

Argggg well, all we can do is support your request and hope TS3 developers implements what you need to make ACRE compatible with new TS3 releases.

Hi all,

we've been having a recurring problem I was hoping perhaps someone here could help shed some light on.

One of our members consistently cannot hear certain other players on long range radios (117f), though he can be heard.

He is one of our Pilots and his Co-Pilot (so same aircraft) can communicate with both him and those the Pilot cannot hear without problem as well. Prior to getting into the chopper and lifting off, he can hear everyone fine (as proven with radio checks). But through the course of the Op he looses the ability to hear certain people.

The Pilot is not locally muted by TS3 (even when he isn't within ear shot) and local communication with him works fine as well.

Any ideas?

How does ACRE handle two players in an aircraft both with LR radios? Is the way it handles this any different from when the players are on the ground?

Edited by Harlow[16AA]

ACRE v1.1.1 HOTFIX update

-- 1.1.1 -- 
* Workaround for domination JIP issue implemented
- Ghost players shouldn't affect ACRE anymore
* Reduced virtual-distance for spatialized radios, they should be a bit louder
* Hotfix semi-fix for "hang" and "crash" issues in TS3
* Fix for remote radio "not able to use radio" bug
* Reduction of TS3 "cut-out" bug, cut-outs should be much less frequent now
* Fixed co-pilot's not being able to hear pilot bug.
* Carrier bug fixed

Check first post for download links. :)

Forgot to include in this changelog.

Also fixed -

* "you cannot use this addon whatever" popup bug fixed

thanks for this udapte , you didn't released the prc-152 ? that's right ?

As always, amazing work on this mod guys. We at USSOCOM Dont have a clue how we even managed to function before this. This mod for me is the biggest thing for immersion and realism. 5 stars guys. thanks.

Thanks everyone. :)

Mini, the 152 is not in this release no, it will be either in the next minor release or the one after that.

Can u plz explain again, how to change the default radio to 148? Because we also don't modify every mission, so i'd like to have another radio, not the 343 which is only able to communicate with other 343's

Somebody already linked to an addon on dev-heaven, but that link had nothing to do with acre?!:confused:

Is it possible to change the default radio in acre's config itself?

thx for this plugin, takes arma to a high level

Use this addon on your server, problem solved ;)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/serversidescripting

I don't understand?!

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

oki thanks nouber ;) and does this version is compatible with the new ts3 version or it's on the developement branch ? it's just to have the information if i have some guys with the new ts3

oki thanks nouber ;) and does this version is compatible with the new ts3 version or it's on the developement branch ? it's just to have the information if i have some guys with the new ts3

No - the new ts3 version is a completely different code branch.

yeah i know that , i read what you say against the new ts3 code and features but it's just a question because i know some french noob download the new ts3 and say : oh it doesn't work ! i want to prevent any incident ;)

I was wondering...is there an ammo box for ACRE or a box that has ACRE radios in it or a way to add ACRE radios to a box because I cannot find any of the radios in the box besides the 119 and 343.