Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

Does anybody have this working in a mission?

Like ->

117F on ch2

retrans 2<->3

--> goes into a different

retrans 3<->2

117F on ch2 somewhere else gets transmission on ch2?

This is what I am asking dude. :)

I know that with 1 retrans it works perfectly.

You have to set it up like this ->

radio ch1

retrans 1<->2

radio ch2 will be able to hear. even if hes on other side of mountain or whatever.

Retrans works on one frequency being sent to another and then to another. It always has to be from one frequency to another. You can't retrans on the same frequency.

What is the range on the PRC-343 on flat ground?

500-600 meters...

Might go further right now until we simulate digital signal decay (basically you might be able to hear it but it will be so garbled that no data is making it through to construct the audio data).

I know. :) So let me ask the question a bit different: Does anybody have a working mission using any kind of ACRE retrans?

This is what I am asking dude. :)

IIRC pilots and crews do use headsets with technologies in noise reduction across a wider range of frequencies eg use of microphones both inside and outside each earcup to sense and reduce more aircraft/wind noise. Is it possible to get a good + clear sound for pilots and crews only - without so much noise and distortion? Maybe something like a switch for internal radio communication in each aircraft + armored vehicle?

Please write puligin for ts that check players using ACRE (for Channel commander) if not auto kick. Is it possible ?

Haven't read the whole thread, sorry if something similar was asked before...

This is my squads problem;

We use ACE 1.3 stable with Arma 2, we tried to use ACRE but ran into some troubles:

1. For some men it wouldn't work at all

2. Some had it working half way, example - sound positioning worked but couldn't see radio interface or hear squiks.

-Is it the problem with ACE 1.3?

-Is it the problem with old CBA? We are using same CBA version as it was back then when ACE 1.3 was released.

-Would new CBA had troubles with old ACE 1.3?

-Is it the problem with Arma launcher and mod places (order) in it? Should we load them in some specific order?

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, don't like to bust in just like that but we've spent like 4 hours trying to set it up and failed, you kinda understand the frustration...

Thanks in advance!

Btw. forgot to mention that we used latest JayArma2Lib, auto updater took care of that. And one more thing, is it neccessary for the ACRE files to be present on the server? Does the server have to launch with those files?

Edited by Minoza

Are you using OA? ACRE requires Operation Arrowhead.

Not all the members of our squad have OA, that's the main issue, and that's why we stick to the old ACE 1.3, is there any way we can get it working without OA?

I am willing to do anything in my power and knowledge to make it work...

Not all the members of our squad have OA, that's the main issue, and that's why we stick to the old ACE 1.3, is there any way we can get it working without OA?

I am willing to do anything in my power and knowledge to make it work...

Use the version just before 1.0? I think thats the last one not totally dependent on OA, but no guarantees...

Use the version just before 1.0? I think thats the last one not totally dependent on OA, but no guarantees...

Is there anything I can manually modify to make it work with latest or is it more complicated? It is such a shame we can't use it, but, if there's nothing else I can do... :(

Upgrade to OA. It is worth it. We use a number of new scripting functions available in the OA engine that help with performance and features.

Yes, I undesrtand, and I do have OA, but we count 20 people in our squad and not everyone have OA and it is unlikely everyone will have it in near future, so that's not an option atm, I am still seeking for an alternative.

Are there any huge drawbacks to using earlier version than 1.0?

And I kindly thank you for all your support!

Probably not as stable, and it won't be supported when TS3 releases their new audio engine/plugin system (which could be any time now).

I see. Well, thank you once again for your support!

What about making aircrafts able to send and receive on all frequencies so pilots don't need to take a radio (PRC-119)? Something like - if player is in US BLUFOR/OPFOR/Other cockpit he can make all those specific radios active until the aircraft is ~80% damaged... :)

What about making aircrafts able to send and receive on all frequencies so pilots don't need to take a radio (PRC-119)? Something like - if player is in US BLUFOR/OPFOR/Other cockpit he can make all those specific radios active until the aircraft is ~80% damaged... :)

We'll be adding aircraft radios in the coming versions, spec'd off their real life radio setups.

How would I disable ACRE in my mission for all units (maybe delete the radios?) once my Nuke goes off to erradicate electronics?

Don't? At what altitude is your nuke going off? Electro-Magnetic Pulse only disrupts or damages electronics when a nuclear weapon is detonated very high (like hundreds of miles) where it can interact with the earths magnetic field.

Ionized radiation in the area might disrupt radio signals for a short period of time after a nuclear explosion, but not for that long.

Please can somebody tell me how to uses those nodes to increase comms? I did search, and find nothing

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/wiki/Class_Names_and_API

Go down to the bit on restransmit functions.

I hoping I can get some help with this.

I have set up a 3 nodes as static rebro stations across the map south to north using the ACRE_OE_303 as the objects named ant1,ant2 and ant3. Roughly 3km spacing between each node.

Map used Celle.

ant1 init field :

[ant1, 36.625, 37.775, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

ant2 init field :

[ant2, 37.775, 40.275, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

ant2 init field:

[ant3, 40.275, 42.675, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

I had a squad member stay at the southern base on freq 36.625 using the ACRE_PRC117F power setting 20000 whilst I moved north of each retrans leg and radio checked on the following frequencies:

north of ant1 37.775

north of ant2 40.275

north of ant3 42.675

It did not seem to work.Am I doing something wrong?

On a unrelated update note everyone:

1. The plugin re-write is approximately 95% complete. It eliminates ALL crashes in the current version of TeamSpeak (beta36), as well as sets up for a new infrastructure to (hopefully) use the new TS3 when they screw us. Regardless, however, this new plugin is a vast improvement on stability.

2. New radios are in the works http://i.imgur.com/hCgnw.jpg

3. So are vehicle racks (vehicle/aircraft mountable radios which can be dismounted) :)

Lastly - due to the increased TS3 stability, you should all expect some changes to the radio distortion and direct volume amplitude/attenuation soon.

Just a development update - no ETA on these yet, but expect soon :)