Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

Thanks Jaynus

I tried running as administrator and it worked without crashing. :D

Thanks Jaynus

I tried running as administrator and it worked without crashing. :D

Yup no problem. Sorry for the lagged response :)

Quick question: does everyone on the mission have to be in the same TS channel for this to work? Or can ACRE work over multiple TS channels.

During our last coopevent we had some very bad problems with ACRE, it constantly crashed for 75% of the players.

Bugtracker Ticket was already made: ticket

Also, the headset position feature is great, however it is reset to default after respawn for every radio.

Looking forward to a new version, which will hopefully be around soon. ;)

Cheers, TeRp

//edith: oh, a volume setting for the 343 would be nice, too. I couldn't find one and it is really loud, I can't hear anything else as soon as someone starts transmitting over it.

Edited by TeRp

My thanks for this mod, i just started using this but its a great addon for the game that i hope to start using more from now on with my crew. I could not resist to make a little article on our site aboub this fine peace of work! We have a couple of members that still have some problems but where working to get them all fixed!

ACRE on Battlegroup-=XTRA=-

Thanks again! :yay::yay::yay:

Hi Guys,

Since i like ACRE so much, my Huge New MP Mission will fully support this feature as it will be vital to communicate in the way ACRE allows you to inorder for you to have any chance of doing well in the actual mission.

For details of what the mission is, please click HERE

Also any of you that would like to help with the mission development etc, please PM me. Also, please post any question in the actual thread (here) for the mission.

Since the last update of Jayarma2lib, i keep getting cut off after 2 seconds, I have no ping or bandwidth issues, Ill post the same on the Jayarma2lib thread.

I have installed acre at least 10 times, i have the latest version of teamspeak as well as acre. for whatever reason inside of teamspeak under applications acre flickers on and off. I cannot get it to stay on nor can i even get any of the radios in-game to work. i have tried even in single player. when i hit shift+ctrl+v i get a gray window displaying 3 options on the right and a shaded out left side. as far as teamspeak goes, i have enabled/disabled the plug-in several times but this has not fixed any problems. i have tried the auto-installer as well as manual install but neither has had any progress.

could it be an os issue? i read earlier in the posts that 7 machines had some difficulty but is that supposed to be like that? I'm running windows 7 H.P

any ideas?

I have installed acre at least 10 times, i have the latest version of teamspeak as well as acre. for whatever reason inside of teamspeak under applications acre flickers on and off. I cannot get it to stay on nor can i even get any of the radios in-game to work. i have tried even in single player. when i hit shift+ctrl+v i get a gray window displaying 3 options on the right and a shaded out left side. as far as teamspeak goes, i have enabled/disabled the plug-in several times but this has not fixed any problems. i have tried the auto-installer as well as manual install but neither has had any progress.

could it be an os issue? i read earlier in the posts that 7 machines had some difficulty but is that supposed to be like that? I'm running windows 7 H.P

any ideas?

Its flickering because you have app scanner running. It uses the same field as that. Turn that off in TS3 and it will stay there. It doesn't affect ACRE at all though.

As far as your radios not showing, that sounds like something incorrectly installed. Are you getting any warning messages in the upper right corner?

Thanks alot for the fast reply. I am getting a warning informing me that I am not connected to teamspeak.

Thanks for the info about the app scanner much appreciated

Is there a git repository for the Teamspeak plugin code? Is it available to the public or no? Thanks.

Is there a git repository for the Teamspeak plugin code? Is it available to the public or no? Thanks.

Its on DH, but it wont really be useful since TS3 is ditching most of the stuff we use. :)

Why do you want to see it?

Well, I would like to write a program that uses JayArma2Lib and I was thinking it would be good to look at an example. Specifically, I want something that uses one named pipe to transfer information in both directions.

Well, I would like to write a program that uses JayArma2Lib and I was thinking it would be good to look at an example. Specifically, I want something that uses one named pipe to transfer information in both directions.

Our pipe is pretty abstracted. I mean the basic code to connect and establish a pipe is still there, but there are probably better examples for establishing a named pipe. :p

is there a big radio antena (placeable object) to increase communication at long loooong distances?

EDIT: lets say: I make a mission with 2 bases, both are far away from each other, so the comms are not really good with normal 343, maybe aceptable but noisy with 119. can I put a radio tower to increase comms? does that exist?

Edited by SpetS15

is there a big radio antena (placeable object) to increase communication at long loooong distances?

EDIT: lets say: I make a mission with 2 bases, both are far away from each other, so the comms are not really good with normal 343, maybe aceptable but noisy with 119. can I put a radio tower to increase comms? does that exist?

At the moment no... The model is in there for an OE-303 high gain directional antenna, but its not functional yet.

oh! Thanks then

You can set up retrans networks using as many nodes as you want to make the right connection.

You can set up retrans networks using as many nodes as you want to make the right connection.

How you do that? :icon_wink:

hi there

well this weekend i upgaded my system to win7 x64 Ult

and i used the latest versions of acre and cba, jarma2lib, dsound.dll, and i cant get it to work in game i did run all ts3 and arma2 combindops as admin but still in game the messige comes up with acre not conected to ts,

eny idears ?

Hey man. It is not a problem with the os, I found out that you need an arma2 launcher. Make sure that you start @jaylib then @cba then @acre. This fixed all of my problems

Like ->

117F on ch2

retrans 2<->3

--> goes into a different

retrans 3<->2

117F on ch2 somewhere else gets transmission on ch2?