Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

they are in root directory just the game not start always that message appears.

So this is the message : it says arma 2 does not work anymore

[Window Title]

ArmA 2 OA

[Main Instruction]

ArmA 2 OA funktioniert nicht mehr ( arma does not work anymore )

[Content]

Es wird nach einer Lösung für das Problem gesucht...

[Window Title]

ArmA 2 OA

[Main Instruction]

ArmA 2 OA funktioniert nicht mehr

[Content]

Das Programm wird aufgrund eines Problems nicht richtig ausgeführt. Das Programm wird geschlossen und Sie werden benachrichtigt, wenn eine Lösung verfügbar ist.

[Programm schließen]

they are in root directory just the game not start always that message appears.

So this is the message : it says arma 2 does not work anymore

[Window Title]

ArmA 2 OA

[Main Instruction]

ArmA 2 OA funktioniert nicht mehr ( arma does not work anymore )

[Content]

Es wird nach einer Lösung für das Problem gesucht...

[Window Title]

ArmA 2 OA

[Main Instruction]

ArmA 2 OA funktioniert nicht mehr

[Content]

Das Programm wird aufgrund eines Problems nicht richtig ausgeführt. Das Programm wird geschlossen und Sie werden benachrichtigt, wenn eine Lösung verfügbar ist.

[Programm schließen]

Maybe you didnt start it as Admin? if you are Win7 User you must start ArmA and TS3 as Admin otherwise i wont work.

yes it solved the problem for me. i think you used an old download link of the installer with old jaylib files...so the dsound.dll cause your game crashing.

go for the manual way and enjoy this beatifull addon

OK works now fine just install it by myself.

but was strange taht it workes before 1.56 normally

Edited by Konrad1

!!!ATTENTION!!!

Teamspeak plans on removing FMOD in the next release, the underlying sound engine for TS3, and replacing it with something else. ACRE uses FMOD extensively. If they remove it ACRE will be out of the count for some time to come.

Please let the TS3 developers know how much you enjoy ACRE because of their use of FMOD here: http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/plugins/miscellaneous/Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment.html

Or in their forums: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=60008

Thank you!

Edited by NouberNou

From the context of his post it sounded like he was removing FMOD... to replace it with something better (i.e. something that wont cause hangs).

I know it's pushing work on you guys but I can do without ACRE for a while if it comes back with 0 hangs.

Am I wrong in this interpretation?

That's a bit of a bloody shame

From the context of his post it sounded like he was removing FMOD... to replace it with something better (i.e. something that wont cause hangs).

I know it's pushing work on you guys but I can do without ACRE for a while if it comes back with 0 hangs.

It's easy to get demoralised on a project that's essentially done for free, courts complaints of errors and bugs and gets stuffed by every consequent patch or update of its constituent parts

Our fear is that the internal framework will not be as robust as FMOD. We use FMOD's internal functionality a lot, including really ripping at the guts of TS3's sound system.

FMOD also provides things that TS3 itself would not utilize in any situation, like the ability to parse 3D geometry for the occlusion of sound, etc.

Nooooooooooooooo:mad:... I think this will end in tears... damn.

That's almost a crime!

We'll be sticking to whatever version you guys are supporting, NouberNou and Jaynus!

For now - we've downloaded and are storing the latest beta server and client for both 32 and 64 bit and will be keeping that safe!

Hopefully there'll be enough outcry over this to send a wake up call to the TS devs.

Not sure about other groups here, but I know we only use TS beause ACRE uses it. If it weren't for ACRE, we'd likely be on Ventrillo instead.

Ventrillo? Why not Mumble? Given that Mumble is opensource, it may be interesting alternative to TS even for ACRE.. if things turn out badly with TS and of course if it is even possible..

Mumble + build in onscreen overlay >>>> TS3

and already have positional audio support

Why is acre so inconsistent?

It worked yesterday but completely stopped working today. Only difference is me changing ptt from 220 to 219. It connects to TS but refuses to do any form of 3d audio.

And why is this in my RPT. ACRE is running...

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_11) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_compat_ace (entry ACE_PRC119_ID_1) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

acre_sys_compat_ace

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_7) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_2) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_13) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_12) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_3) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_compat_ace (entry ACE_PRC119_MAR_ID_3) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_compat_ace

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_5) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_9) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_4) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_6) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_1) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_compat_ace (entry ACE_PRC119_ID_3) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_compat_ace

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_10) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_prc343 (entry ACRE_PRC343_ID_8) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_prc343

Addon acre_sys_compat_ace (entry ACE_PRC119_MAR_ID_1) not found in the list of active addons.

acre_sys_compat_ace

Is the PRC-117F better then the PRC-119? It has a longer antenna but there are no range modes it seems.

Is there anyway to roll back to an earlier version of ACRE? This newer version is just not stable enough. And now that we have played Arma with it my group cant play Arma without it...we are hooked. But all this crashing has caused us not to play Arma so we need to go back to the previous version

Teamspeak plans on removing FMOD in the next release, the underlying sound engine for TS3, and replacing it with something else. ACRE uses FMOD extensively. If they remove it ACRE will be out of the count for some time to come.

There's always the option of just running an earlier TS3 build. If an update is going to break everything, wouldn't the most sensible option be not to update? Whether the hosting companies would provide options to do this on the other hand though, does complicate things. :(

Ok now I know how to change power but is it stronger?

higher power = stronger signal = more range. Antenna's have a lot to do with it too, but your actual power still has the most to do with it.

The 117F replaces the 119 in the field. The 119 replaced the vietnam-era 77, and than the 117F replaced the 119 (some units still use it, but not many).

Can someone tell me how to operate the 117F? I can put the power to 20000 but i can't put it on PA like it's possible with the 119.

Can someone tell me how to operate the 117F? I can put the power to 20000 but i can't put it on PA like it's possible with the 119.

I too would like the answer to this question... As we have been running with the 119 instead of the 117, due to the PA functionality.

I too would like the answer to this question... As we have been running with the 119 instead of the 117, due to the PA functionality.

117 is not set up to use a power amplifier at the moment. If it could it would do 50W.