Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

Current Version: 1.1.1.244

Latest Release Date: 01.17.2010

Current TS3 Support: TS3 Beta 36 (TS3 API v8)

small-logo.jpg

This is the next stable version of the A.C.R.E. addon. This new version implements many new realistic features for the ArmA2 engine.

Our continuing goal is to exceed any and all expectations in regards to game communications; allowing for the most realistic and immersive communications engine within ANY current simulation or video game on the market today.

The ACRE team would like to thank the entire ArmA2 community for its support, and is proud to announce the latest stable version of the addon for everyones enjoyment.

- ACRE Team -

WHERE TO PLAY?

United Operations is the OFFICIAL ACRE COMMUNITY! Come play with us at http://unitedoperations.net!

NEED HELP?

Read the next post!

DOWNLOAD

Package: http://raceriv.com/arma2/acre/ACRE_V1.1.1.244_hotfix.rar

Installer: http://raceriv.com/arma2/acre/ACRE_V1.1.1.244_hotfix.exe

Mirror:

Package: http://srv1.unitedoperations.net/acre/ACRE_V1.1.1.244_hotfix.rar

Installer: http://srv1.unitedoperations.net/acre/ACRE_V1.1.1.244_hotfix.exe

Alternate (both): http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/files

REQUIREMENTS

* CBA - Community Base Addons (not included)

. http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cca

* JayArmA2Lib (Included)

. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/jayarma2lib/wiki

LINKS

Wiki - http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/wiki

Installaion - http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/wiki/Installation_Instructions

FAQ - http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/wiki/Troubleshooting_FAQ_Bug_Reporting

Community Tracker - http://dev-heaven.net/projects/acrecommunityhelp/issues

Whats new in 1.1?

* You can now "spatialize" your radio (change what ear you hear it) with hotkeys. This is defaulted to cntrl+shift+up/right/left. Up is center, left and right are their respective ears. This is saved whatever your current radio is when you use the hotkey

* "Buddy Radios", or "Remote Radios" are now fully implemented. You can now run up to anyone with a manpack radio and steal his handset, using it for commander needs. This is all available in the action menu when facing a someone with a manpack radio. Lastly, if you mess with another persons radio, then they see the changes

* Multiple push-to-talk keys are now implemented for your first 3 radios. These are defaulted and configurable via userconfig as cntrl+alt+1/2/3. They switch your "active radio" to the radio you hit, as well as allow for PTT with that radio. Afterwards, capslock will use that radio unless you switch/use a different Multi-PTT

* Vehicle/Intercom attenuation is now finalized for the basic vehicle types. You cannot be heard outside a tank when turned in, and all crew members hear each other louder and as if they were wearing "intercom" headset gear.

* Many new API functions for customization by mission makers and communication mission designers

* The AN/PRC-343 PRR is now the default radio. Its a squad-level radio on the 2.4ghz band, not sharing bands with the other radios. Its used for inter-squad communcation only

* Many, many crash/bug/hang/error/wierdness fixes for stability. This versions stability is ~80% better than 1.0.14

* Actual antenna's fully implemented. Each radio has a different antenna that affects transmission. This is a beginning to actual removable and configurable Antennas

* Realistic antenna and radio models for multiple radios so you can visually see what a person is carrying

GENERAL FEATURES

* 100% ArmA2, OA and OA Combined Arms Compatible

* Four ACRE-Specific Radios

. AN/PRC-117F man pack radio

. AN/PRC-119 man pack radio

. AN/PRC-148 handheld radio

. AN/PRC-343 personal role radio

* 100% ACE2 Compatible

. Integration with all ACE2 man pack radios, using default AN/PRC-119 statistics.

* PRC-343 now replaces the default ArmA2 'ItemRadio'

* Realistic GUI interfaces for radios, they are the real thing

* Directional speaking for non-radio, normal communications

. Real-time 3d positional information

* Realistic terrain affects for radios

. Signal lose & distortion from buildings, hills, trees, and other objects

. Realistic power output and antenna length considerations for all radios that effect signal

. Realistic frequency wavelength falloff; higher frequencies do not travel as far

. Real-time positional calculation for fast-moving objects

* Separate Push-To-Talk key (non-toggle) for using your radio

. If a person speaks on their radio and you aren't on that frequency, you can hear them 'directly'

* Multiple hotkeys and quick-displays for fast information about your radios

* Players can carry multiple radios on different frequencies

. Hot-swap radio hotkey

. Current radios selection menu

. Pop-up display on broadcast to know current radio in use

* Radios are now considered unique objects within the ArmA2 world

. Radios are droppable and maintain ALL settings for anyone who picks them up

. Program a radio and trade it with a player!

. Pick up your dead enemies radio and discover his platoon's frequency

* Man pack Radios have the ability to use 'PA' mode in a vehicle, broadcast at 40,000mW!

* Custom Squawk sounds for all radio transmissions (credits to Krause)

* Realistic distortion effects

. Normal broadcasting distortion

. Signal lose distortion and noise

* 100% BattlEye compatible

* Performance and desync considerations

. All time critical radio information is communicated via TeamSpeak3, server desync doesn't break ACRE

. Crash/Desync fallback functionality. Sound "anomalies" are no longer possible with lag/desync.

. Optimized distance, terrain, positional and signal calculations

. Use of JayArmA2Lib for Named pipes communication; 0-latency inter-process communication between TS3-ArmA2

. Server side garbage collection of radios to prevent object clutter/long mission lag

. Many fixes for ts3/arma2 crashes, server/mission disconnects

* Global 15 second reset for any of these scenarios

* Dead player and respawn handling for both radio and direct chat

FOOTAGE

ShackTactical (www.shacktac.com) ACRE Mission Scenes

G4CR5-lK-Hw

Uxoi_Bw8T7c

SSG Clan (www.ssg-clan.se) ACRE Mission Scenes

dwTYGa3kCLU

UnitedOperations.net (www.unitedoperations.net) ACRE Mission Scenes

tQVEO082nNA

Hhp4pzhgdAc

THANKS

* All the official ACRE testers

* UnitedOperations.Net Community for Testing

* Shack Tactical (www.shacktac.com) for multiple thorough testing sessions

* SSG Clan (www.ssg-clan.se) for so much thorough testing and dealing with crashes

* Dev-Heaven community for listening to us complain

* BI Forums community for the support

* kju & Sickboy for the dev-heaven space

* BWF's Le Culto and Johnson with A2TS for giving us the motivation to do this.

Edited by jaynus

NEED HELP?

Before asking us any silly questions and making yourself look silly, please read the FAQ here:

Frequently Asked Questioned

This FAQ covers 99% of the issues which have been reported by new players; including installation issues.

This mod itself is a complex realistic simulator and as such, we have gone as far as we can to making the installation and updating process as simple and smooth as possible.

If you are having trouble installing or using the mod, or are not sure if what you are running into is actually a bug, please refer to our cummunity tracker for self-help from testers and other users.

Community Tracker

If you have further questions, feel free to post here on the forums and I'm sure someone can help assist you.

SUPPORTING COMMUNITIES

We couldn't have gotten this far with our mod without the support of the communities which have regularly tested for us. Thanks guys!

UnitedOperations.Net

Swedish Strategic Group (SSG)

Virtuelle Lufltlandebrigade 31

Havoc Company

Edited by jaynus

i think we need a big event to make a big test for this version and see when the mod crash ! xD i joke ! very good news !

Works brilliantly (apart from using different buttons to speak on the other radio).

The only problem with the newest version is that it comes up with this message "ACRE: plugin version and addon version do not match" which is definetly not the case as they are the newest files.

The only problem with the newest version is that it comes up with this message "ACRE: plugin version and addon version do not match" which is definetly not the case as they are the newest files.

SAME... anyone not getting this error ? and how did you fix it.

I can't repro this. Worth trying to do a manual install to see if it gets rid of it.

I can't repro this. Worth trying to do a manual install to see if it gets rid of it.

RGR... thanks for the response. I found that the TS3 dll did not update which was probably due to the fact it was running TS3.. yes..I have seen to shut it down in the FAQ's but it usually works without doing that..just got complacent.... To fix, I manually replaced the dll in the TS3 plugin...

thanks... I love the new features...

Edited by gonk

thanks for the release :) my clan will do some testing when this is done uploading on our server...

Edited by Logitrust

RGR... thanks for the response. I found that the TS3 dll did not update which was probably due to the fact it was running TS3.. yes..I have seen to shut it down in the FAQ's but it usually works without doing that..just got complacent.... To fix, I manually replaced the dll in the TS3 plugin...

thanks... I love the new features...

You can't replace a dll loaded in the TS3 plugin manager when TS3 is running, because it's using it.

So it's normal you had this problem.

And thanks for this release, love the new API functions ! :yay:

Edited by Le_CuLtO

Me and my clan-mates have been testing ACRE since basically alpha release and I must say for our style of play I can't see myself playing without ACRE ever again.

We play twice weekly with around 30 players in an infantry oriented structure, a couple of 8 man groups divided in 4-man teams, with different roles and some support elements including fire support teams and sometimes arty, air and armor depending on the mission.

I can't stress enough how much ACRE adds to the gameplay.

This is a must-have addon, especially together with ACE.

I've having a problem when using the exe installer where it doesn't create three empty directories in @JayArma2Lib: Auxillary, Examples and Extensions. Trying to run ARMA without these crashes with an error in dsound.dll.

The rar install bundle includes these directories and runs fine.

Update sounds pretty good, we've been having trouble free acre-ing in our squad for about 4 weeks now, very cool utilising it for mortar support last Sunday

Hope this update goes as flawlessly as possible for all !

Question on the api functions; where should they be executed (clients, server, everywhere)?

Mostly wondering about the retransmission points and spectator parts.

The retrans function can get called from any client. Just keep in mind though, that it sends the server a message. So each call will add a global retrans - so you only want to call it once :)

the Spectate code should be run locally on the client you want to set it for *only*. Keep in mind, this isnt *fully* implemented yet, next few releases will see that code actually respected.

Question on the api functions; where should they be executed (clients, server, everywhere)?

Mostly wondering about the retransmission points and spectator parts.

Yep thats a good question, on the begining of the API documentation it says that all functions are client side... so i understand that for example the retransmision one should be executed on all clients, but it's not totally clear.

Edit: wow that was fast hahaha thanks for the answer, and also thanks for adding the new spectate functions i will be testing it today :)

Edited by columdrum

seems to be a problem with the new update from BI with the jayarma2lib imcompatible version of to check version !

So I've been trying this out with some 5.1 speakers and the output of voices seems to be muffled and always projecting through the center front speaker. It is not nearly as clear as headphones.

Surround sound is definitely working for ArmA2 sounds but the rear speaker sounds are weak in comparison to other games where the sound is working fine.

Any ideas?